The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:45:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Let’s create an atmosphere.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let’s create an atmosphere.  (Read 3226 times)
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2018, 13:35:46 pm »

I don't think it was right that our fans were jeering Taylor no.

I agree but...

Come on  Wink you know what I meant. You have been following the Cobblers long enough to know what a small selection of our fan base is like. On two occasions when sat in the North stand (not recently), I myself have dealt with two individuals who had lost it. At no point did I have to swear at them and they soon piped down after I had persuaded them very nicely to do so. Taylor should have remained professional just like he has been in the rest of his time with us. Maybe it will a watershed moment and help Taylor focus on his game, one can hope.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2018, 14:23:55 pm »

Underhill had an ok atmosphere.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 14:54:30 pm »

I agree but...

Come on  Wink you know what I meant. You have been following the Cobblers long enough to know what a small selection of our fan base is like. On two occasions when sat in the North stand (not recently), I myself have dealt with two individuals who had lost it. At no point did I have to swear at them and they soon piped down after I had persuaded them very nicely to do so. Taylor should have remained professional just like he has been in the rest of his time with us. Maybe it will a watershed moment and help Taylor focus on his game, one can hope.
I agree Taylor was wrong to respond Ron, but I honestly don't remember our fans acting like that before.
A player falls over, hurts himself, and a decent minority of the north stand start jeering him except he's not playing for the opposition? I'm aware he thinks he's playing better than most of us think he is, but I really dont think overstating how good you think your performing warrants that.
Maybe I've missed something, has he been doing someone's missus or similar?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2018, 19:11:31 pm »

Underhill had an ok atmosphere.
Especially when we took over the nearest pub. Was it the Red Lion ? I cant remember.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2018, 19:30:46 pm »

I agree Taylor was wrong to respond Ron, but I honestly don't remember our fans acting like that before.
A player falls over, hurts himself, and a decent minority of the north stand start jeering him except he's not playing for the opposition? I'm aware he thinks he's playing better than most of us think he is, but I really dont think overstating how good you think your performing warrants that.
Maybe I've missed something, has he been doing someone's missus or similar?

I don't condone the jeers but if he did his talking on the pitch and had started to become the leader we need I doubt anyone would have dared. The best thing he can do is score the winner at Mansfield and maybe the jeers will become cheers?

Not quite the same but...

I once had to pull away one of our shall we say "more famous fans" from berating a ball boy the day Ricky Holmes tore us apart playing at Barnet. You would not believe the language used towards a boy who must have been around eight or nine. They are out there  Wink We had just lost three nill but not because of a ball boy.

I suppose it did create an atmosphere but not a nice one.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2018, 19:36:37 pm »

I once had to pull away one of our shall we say "more famous fans" from berating a ball boy the day Ricky Holmes tore us apart playing at Barnet. You would not believe the language used towards a boy who must have been around eight or nine.
Did the "famous fan", have an umbrella with him?  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2018, 19:40:51 pm »

Did the "famous fan", have an umbrella with him?  Grin

Nope. You will only need one more guess. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest2677

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2018, 21:54:01 pm »

Nope. You will only need one more guess. Grin
My guess would be, he/she favours a shell suit and and the two fingered salute?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2018, 22:06:42 pm »

I don't condone the jeers but if he did his talking on the pitch and had started to become the leader we need I doubt anyone would have dared. The best thing he can do is score the winner at Mansfield and maybe the jeers will become cheers?

Not quite the same but...

I once had to pull away one of our shall we say "more famous fans" from berating a ball boy the day Ricky Holmes tore us apart playing at Barnet. You would not believe the language used towards a boy who must have been around eight or nine. They are out there  Wink We had just lost three nill but not because of a ball boy.

I suppose it did create an atmosphere but not a nice one.
The last time I was at Barnet 'Pappas got a brand new pig bag/fcuking useless' was much sung by us. Not certain, but I don't think Ricky was playing that day!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2018, 22:21:11 pm »

David Mackintosh?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2018, 23:27:30 pm »

Erm, yes  Grin

This was the first game that Barnet had Edgar Davids as player manager if I remember correctly. It was actually 4-0 in the end with all the goals scored in the second half. Looking back at the reports I am not even sure Ricky played in that game now? It must have been on another occasion when he played against us for them I remember him running straight through us.
Report Spam   Logged

Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2018, 02:03:52 am »

Nottingham Forest have a very good fan group who aim to improve the atmosphere both before and during the game, certainly something that Sixfields could benefit from.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2018, 05:54:52 am »

Nottingham Forest have a very good fan group who aim to improve the atmosphere both before and during the game, certainly something that Sixfields could benefit from.

Yup there's loads, obviously the Holmesdale Fanatics at Palace the most well-known Ultras style collective. Just secured themselves a new singing section at Selhurst Park, one of the best atmospheres in the country. Closer to home the 1881 movement at Watford and Union FS at Leicester.

All-seater stadia and expensive tickets all but killed off atmosphere and people are being proactive about trying to address that.

Absolutely believe, like Beds we need a new home terrace (Hotel End Mark 2) and to bring through a new generation not as downtrodden as the old guard.

Would have liked the safe standing pilot currently going really well at Shrewsbury to have been at Sixfields. We were ahead of the game at one point.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:58:14 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2018, 17:31:43 pm »

Who is going to start the Icelandic Sixfields (sorry PTS) 'THUNDERCLAP' chant, similar to the Ryder Cup today?.....superb atmosphere. I suggest a chant of 'TOWN' inbetween claps.

Interesting to see if the North Stand can out do the South end of the West Stand!

Challenge set!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2018, 19:08:18 pm »

Who is going to start the Icelandic Sixfields (sorry PTS) 'THUNDERCLAP' chant, similar to the Ryder Cup today?.....superb atmosphere. I suggest a chant of 'TOWN' inbetween claps.

Interesting to see if the North Stand can out do the South end of the West Stand!

Challenge set!
A few in the Upper West tried it last Saturday against Notts County.
Report Spam   Logged
double row row 7

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2018, 17:13:38 pm »

Perhaps the thunder clap with “shoe” being chanted.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2018, 17:15:31 pm »

I think there might be an atmosphere on Tuesday when we go 1 down
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2018, 17:24:47 pm »

I think there might be an atmosphere on Tuesday when we go 1 down
There’ll be crisp packet rustling AND muttering.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2018, 17:54:10 pm »

Sub 3,000 on Tuesday?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6