The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:17:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Nobbled By The Notts 22nd Sept

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobbled By The Notts 22nd Sept  (Read 9214 times)
Battery Man

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2018, 13:48:15 pm »

It starts at the back. If we can stop conceding soft goals we have a better chance of winning, simple really.

Ward for Cornell - he has to be given a go

I'd go Odoffin, Facey, any two other CBs (they're all $hite, so just roll the dice) and Turnbull.

Then McW and Foley to solidify the middle, either of JJOT or Crooks alongside

Then KVV and either Williams or Waters up top. Waters deserves a go

I wouldn't have Hoskins, Powell, Bowditch or Buchs near the starting 11

I would go with that team as well, we have to strengthen at the back and keep Taylor and Buchs out the way, Taylor because he appears to blame everyone but himself when things go wrong and Buchs because he is now too slow and someone always gets caught out fo position when they have to cover his lack of pace. One of the CB I would add would be Williams as I think he deserves a chance.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 14:49:01 pm by Battery Man » Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2018, 14:45:27 pm »

Are you suggesting that we give all the young players a go which I am against.

No. But I would hope to see at least two if not three named in the 18. One of them starting and one or two subs.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2018, 17:26:55 pm »

No. But I would hope to see at least two if not three named in the 18. One of them starting and one or two subs.

Seems sensible
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2018, 17:29:47 pm »

Seems sensible

Yes, sorry about that. I will make up for it later  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2018, 19:28:09 pm »

To summarise Clarence does not like in particular Buchs and to slightly lesser extent Cornell. He devotes whole pages on Buchs.

I thought the matter deserves a whole page. Don't worry though, I'll stick to one-liners from now on.  Wink
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 19:29:45 pm by ClarenceInDefence » Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2018, 19:29:28 pm »

The matter deserves a whole page. Don't worry though, I'll stick to one-liners from now on.  Wink

I will come back and read this later.
Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2018, 21:11:48 pm »

This could be a season defining game - a win could lift us 7 points clear of the bottom two and give everyone the confidence boost to push on. Defeat however, will leave us tetering on the brink of a relegation scrap.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2018, 21:41:28 pm »

I will come back and read this later.

Actually Frank, I think Defensive Clarence and On Top Clarence are related; I reckon Mother and Son?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
defender

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2018, 12:03:09 pm »

I mostly agree with that 11. Crooks is probably our best attacking player though (not so reliable in a midfield 2), so would 100% have him in there instead of hoskins/o'toole or Bridge.

I'd probably get Turnbull in for Buchs too.
                     GOOD POST WE ARE IN A RIGHT MESS. WE CAN'T DEFEND, WE CANT SCORE. JUST HOW BAD DOES IT HAVE TO GET BEFORE WE HAVE A CHANGE OF MANAGER?
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2018, 12:08:29 pm »

WE HAVE TO GET BACK TO BASICS, IE BUILD FROM THE BACK, STOP CONCEDING SILLY GOALS, WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO STOP CONCEDING. THEN TAKE IT FROM THERE.BUT  WE MUST GET A NEW MANAGER IN. BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2018, 12:32:32 pm »

Actually Frank, I think Defensive Clarence and On Top Clarence are related; I reckon Mother and Son?

Maybe, but in a Norman Bates way.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2018, 12:34:10 pm »

WE HAVE TO GET BACK TO BASICS, IE BUILD FROM THE BACK, STOP CONCEDING SILLY GOALS, WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO STOP CONCEDING. THEN TAKE IT FROM THERE.BUT  WE MUST GET A NEW MANAGER IN. BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!

Do you think we should get Ronnie Pickering in? He likes bare knuckle fights.
Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2018, 12:56:34 pm »

Do you think we should get Ronnie Pickering in? He likes bare knuckle fights.

Who's that?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2018, 13:07:20 pm »

Who's that?

Ronnie Pickering!

Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2018, 13:19:44 pm »

Who?

Ronnie Pickering!
Report Spam   Logged

ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2018, 13:32:11 pm »

So sorry, I thought this was a forum for football discussion. It seems anything that takes longer than 30 seconds to read is to be ignored, while insults and other passive aggressive behaviour is to be tolerated. Perhaps this says more about the intelligence level of the most frequent posters on this site than anything else.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2018, 13:33:21 pm »

I've been working on a theory that DEFENDER IS ACTUALLY RONNIE F*CKING PICKERING
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2018, 13:39:20 pm »

Maybe, but in a Norman Bates way.

Recommended reading for you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spot-Goes-School-Original-Lift/dp/0723263604

Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2018, 13:42:30 pm »

I've been working on a theory that DEFENDER IS ACTUALLY RONNIE F*CKING PICKERING
Wasn't the whole point Obvious was making???
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2018, 13:49:22 pm »

Read it...well, looked at the pictures anyway!

Here is yours...  Wink

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/423106.The_Dictionary_of_Concise_Writing
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: