The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:55:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Time to stand up

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to stand up  (Read 2427 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 15, 2018, 20:25:24 pm »

I am absolutely p*ssed of with EVERYTHING about NTFC at the moment. The vast majority of the players are going through the motions and if things don't change we will go down. Kelvin needs to either get out or provide some leadership and tell the wasters to start earning their money ! Ash Taylor, your form HAS dropped so don't insult our intelligence by saying otherwise, I know it and YOU know it. But Taylor is not the only one, lots of others are not in the slightest bothered about the results, they DON'T CARE about NTFC.
    It's time we let the players know that if they are not bothered they can f*ck off, I'd rather field the U18's team than the team of weak willed posers we have at the moment. This is OUR club, we will be here long after they have found out what it's like to have to work for a living.
    I agree that DA could do better, especially with game management, but Klopp would do well to get this lot to perform. I was at Barnet after 8 players had been sacked and we played the youth team and at least they all put 100% in, I don't think that's happened at NTFC since CW left.
 TIME TO STAND UP everyone otherwise see you in Braintree  Sad 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 20:30:03 pm »

I am absolutely p*ssed of with EVERYTHING about NTFC at the moment. The vast majority of the players are going through the motions and if things don't change we will go down. Kelvin needs to either get out or provide some leadership and tell the wasters to start earning their money ! Ash Taylor, your form HAS dropped so don't insult our intelligence by saying otherwise, I know it and YOU know it. But Taylor is not the only one, lots of others are not in the slightest bothered about the results, they DON'T CARE about NTFC.
    It's time we let the players know that if they are not bothered they can f*ck off, I'd rather field the U18's team than the team of weak willed posers we have at the moment. This is OUR club, we will be here long after they have found out what it's like to have to work for a living.
    I agree that DA could do better, especially with game management, but Klopp would do well to get this lot to perform. I was at Barnet after 8 players had been sacked and we played the youth team and at least they all put 100% in, I don't think that's happened at NTFC since CW left.
 TIME TO STAND UP everyone otherwise see you in Braintree  Sad 

I agree entirely mate - the first thing that needs to happen though is that the players, management and board has to acknowledge that we aren't too good to get sucked into a relegation fight, roll their sleeves up and fight for the badge.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 20:44:49 pm »

I prefer to ring the positives out of a bad situation . . . I’m excited about all those new grounds next season. 13 I’ve not been at all never mind with the Cobblers as it stands. Get in there.

Great work KT.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 20:51:18 pm »

The idiot in charge needs to grow some bollocks and admit they aren't putting in 100%. I understand why he wouldn't admit it as looks awful on him, gain a lot more respect from fans by talking honestly though.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 21:15:44 pm »

Some thoughts:

1. We need to go back to basics. We are haemorrhaging goals so Austin needs to play the most defensively competent players in every position. That means recalling JJOT and playing one up front - probably Williams as the most hardworking striker. We do not have the personnel to play 442 and if Austin doesnt realise that then he will lose his job.

2. It is simplistic to blame the back four/five for our defensive ineptitude. However, Cornell is a keeper who simply does not keep clean sheets. Teams have clearly sussed out that he's vulnerable to long range shots. Ward kept a lot of clean sheets last year at a not massively dissimilar level - time to give him a try.

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 21:19:07 pm »

I prefer to ring the positives out of a bad situation . . . I’m excited about all those new grounds next season. 13 I’ve not been at all never mind with the Cobblers as it stands. Get in there.

Great work KT.

Good call and just think how much cheaper it will be to get into those grounds. It's a win win.... err not on the pitch though.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 21:26:38 pm »

There’ll be no standing up at sixfields
You’ll be told to sit down
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 21:34:53 pm »

Good post Barton. Ive stated elsewhere there are serious problems at NTFC, staying in League two will be a big ask, it goes way further than the Manager. The Chairmanship, Recruitment, Coaching, Long term off field plans should all be questioned, the Club is rotten to the core.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 08:16:17 am »

Might not be as a bad thing in the long run as fans are waking up to the need for a proper vision for the club. Can't keep bumbling on from one owner to the next. The club needs to be built from the ground up as other progressive clubs are. 'It'l do' can't be acceptable anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 08:21:21 am »

If Austin is here to stay and nothing from the chairman suggests otherwise he needs to start shouting and getting angry with the players and drop those who aren’t performing. You listen to his interviews and he comes across as too pally with them he needs to learn quickly that he is the manager and get them back to basics. Forget the pretty passing game, kick people up in the air and fight for every single ball.
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 08:30:07 am »

If Austin is here to stay and nothing from the chairman suggests otherwise he needs to start shouting and getting angry with the players and drop those who aren’t performing. You listen to his interviews and he comes across as too pally with them he needs to learn quickly that he is the manager and get them back to basics. Forget the pretty passing game, kick people up in the air and fight for every single ball.

Making only one change between the Cheltenham and Vale game speaks volumes.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 08:36:30 am »

Wonder if there are Conference release clauses.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 10:17:55 am »

Great work KT.

There’s few things I love about your posts Ralph.. There is never any hint of sarcasm, or resignation about them. And.. You can guarantee a post from Alton will follow 😀😀

Never give up. Leave that to me. Even I’m out of it these days. I only catch the odd game at the moment mate..
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 10:36:21 am »

Never give up. Leave that to me. Even I’m out of it these days. I only catch the odd game at the moment mate..
Could have been written by any number of our squad !!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 12:40:28 pm »

Good post Barton. Ive stated elsewhere there are serious problems at NTFC, staying in League two will be a big ask, it goes way further than the Manager. The Chairmanship, Recruitment, Coaching, Long term off field plans should all be questioned, the Club is rotten to the core.
For the last 15 years, the club has been a side show and a  gateway for outsider speculators to gain free land, loans and investment opportunities,  the clubs supporters have been pacified by big non materialising  promises and excuses  in order to buy and waste time to achieve their aims, all this time the club just ticks over and struggles  to survive without any investment, and its this that has led us, unsurprisingly  to be where we are now.

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 13:02:49 pm »

Barton - you are absolutely right with your comments.  And for those that have used Beds for their summer sport it's about time you accepted that the theme of what he writes (not the economics) is also right.  The evidence is in front of your eyes. But for me the culture of any organisation has to be set by its owners and the present incumbents are a major disappointment for all the reasons Beds and others have pointed out time and time again.   

Unless a true white knight is out there waiting to take over the club then it is time for supporters to unite and tell the present crew i.e. owners, players, management that it is just not good enough. Notts County may be an important day and not only on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 13:08:56 pm »

Except that a couple of decent wins won’t put right. The only thing I would query is the manager.  It also would help if we all stayed ‘hopeful’.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 13:22:39 pm »

Barton - you are absolutely right with your comments.  And for those that have used Beds for their summer sport it's about time you accepted that the theme of what he writes (not the economics) is also right.  The evidence is in front of your eyes. But for me the culture of any organisation has to be set by its owners and the present incumbents are a major disappointment for all the reasons Beds and others have pointed out time and time again.   

Unless a true white knight is out there waiting to take over the club then it is time for supporters to unite and tell the present crew i.e. owners, players, management that it is just not good enough. Notts County may be an important day and not only on the pitch.

I find it so easy to disagree with you! - I shudder to think what may have happened if  we followed Beds plan! By far the most important solution is to improve the playing side/results! Incidentally those with at least 50% BP don’t agree with you and Beds. Why do you think the Admin guys reject your theories.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 13:30:38 pm »

Some thoughts:

1. We need to go back to basics. We are haemorrhaging goals so Austin needs to play the most defensively competent players in every position. That means recalling JJOT and playing one up front - probably Williams as the most hardworking striker. We do not have the personnel to play 442 and if Austin doesnt realise that then he will lose his job.

2. It is simplistic to blame the back four/five for our defensive ineptitude. However, Cornell is a keeper who simply does not keep clean sheets. Teams have clearly sussed out that he's vulnerable to long range shots. Ward kept a lot of clean sheets last year at a not massively dissimilar level - time to give him a try.

Cornell is not a najor prob at the mo’ but we have nothing to lose by giving Ward  a go!
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 13:33:25 pm »

Cornell is not a najor prob at the mo’ but we have nothing to lose by giving Ward  a go!

If your car has a nail in the tyre it is best to repair or replace the tyre not the wiper blades.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: