The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 03:27:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Austin out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Austin out!  (Read 9017 times)
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2018, 11:03:02 am »

I’m just trying to work out your sums - we signed Morias (undisclosed but we were one of a number of clubs after him and posh are notorious for getting decent money for their players), Williams who was out of contract but it is fair to say he’s on decent money, Odoffin who was free and presumably relatively cheap and Ward on loan. Going out I can only really think of o’donnell who left and as we know he went for nothing due to a clause in his contract - the others who were Phillips, Hanley and lobjoit would have been on peanuts. Doesn’t that suggest that incomings were considerably higher than outgoings?

Surely we were paying some of Long's, Grimes and Poole's wages? We must have a significant amount of Bunney's likely steep wages off the books for this season as well. This along with O'Donnell (must have been on a fair whack), Phillips, Hanley and Lobjoit leaving must have freed up a fair bit of previous outgoings, a small part of this could have been set aside for the Morias fee.

Morias also may have been sold on the cheap as Evans told their board he wanted to more or less totally rebuild their squad in one summer, so they were probably keen to get wages off the books quickly to do this.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2018, 12:01:45 pm »

If we'd lost on Saturday, that would have been the tipping point for me. But we didn't so 'we go again'!  Grin

It would be foolish to suggest anything other than DA is under significant pressure to keep hold of his job. The one mitigating factor in his favour is that we really could and should have enough points on the board to see us comfortably in the top half of the table and challenging the top teams in this division. But woeful finishing (VV being the latest culprit on Saturday) and some really poor defensive errors have seen to that. Overall in the 9 league games thus far, theres not been too much wrong with the way the teams been set up.

I also do not believe that a new manager at this point in time would make much of a difference. That said, we cannot just sleep walk into the Vauxhall Conference so at some point very soon our dice will have to be thrown (again), even if its thrown with no real belief that it will have a positive impact on things. If of course we don't start winning.

Regardless of injuries, perceived bad luck etc...the record books state we have won won 3 out of the 16 games of Austin's tenure. Which given our budget is absolutely shocking. For now, he will hang in there...and rightly so. We've had enough instability during the last 2 years or so. But for me, its one game at a time at the moment....
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2018, 12:09:39 pm »

I’m just trying to work out your sums - we signed Morias (undisclosed but we were one of a number of clubs after him and posh are notorious for getting decent money for their players), Williams who was out of contract but it is fair to say he’s on decent money, Odoffin who was free and presumably relatively cheap and Ward on loan. Going out I can only really think of o’donnell who left and as we know he went for nothing due to a clause in his contract - the others who were Phillips, Hanley and lobjoit would have been on peanuts. Doesn’t that suggest that incomings were considerably higher than outgoings?

Moloney too who must have been at the higher end of the wage structure.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2018, 12:18:28 pm »

In one of his pre-season YouTube videos, KT mentioned that the budget was the same if not more than last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2018, 12:25:11 pm »

Moloney too who must have been at the higher end of the wage structure.

Moloney and Phillips were both originally signed as first team players, so it's safe to assume Odoffin is a considerable saving replacing them two. The wages of Pereira, Long and Grimes must've been pretty high too.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2018, 12:45:38 pm »

I would suggest you think a little more about who isn’t playing this season as opposed to who was playing last season.
There was no more budget unless players were shipped out . He couldn’t move some out . They sat on contacts .
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2018, 12:54:38 pm »

I would suggest you think a little more about who isn’t playing this season as opposed to who was playing last season.
There was no more budget unless players were shipped out . He couldn’t move some out . They sat on contacts .

He brought in 4 players. 2 cheap ones, and two forwards. It was clear that he could do little else Id *guess* the Williams signing was made at the time when he thought/assumed KVV wasn't going to be here. If so, understandable. The JM cash buy, he's been very unlucky with...so far.

With regards to central defenders, he had too many on the books to justify bringing any more in, if it meant he couldn't bring in a forward.

The only position Id say he perhaps neglected was that of a winger (or two). But like you imply, he'd have no doubt strengthened us in the wide areas if he'd been able to get some players to leave. An on loan winger instead of Ward may have made more sense, but other than that...cant really criticise his perceived 'lack of work' in the transfer market.

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2018, 13:50:50 pm »

If we'd lost on Saturday, that would have been the tipping point for me. But we didn't so 'we go again'!  Grin

It would be foolish to suggest anything other than DA is under significant pressure to keep hold of his job. The one mitigating factor in his favour is that we really could and should have enough points on the board to see us comfortably in the top half of the table and challenging the top teams in this division. But woeful finishing (VV being the latest culprit on Saturday) and some really poor defensive errors have seen to that. Overall in the 9 league games thus far, theres not been too much wrong with the way the teams been set up.

I also do not believe that a new manager at this point in time would make much of a difference. That said, we cannot just sleep walk into the Vauxhall Conference so at some point very soon our dice will have to be thrown (again), even if its thrown with no real belief that it will have a positive impact on things. If of course we don't start winning.

Regardless of injuries, perceived bad luck etc...the record books state we have won won 3 out of the 16 games of Austin's tenure. Which given our budget is absolutely shocking. For now, he will hang in there...and rightly so. We've had enough instability during the last 2 years or so. But for me, its one game at a time at the moment....

We will lose on Saturday, there is no way this team, managged by austin will beat Mansfield it just isn't gonna happen.

I was thinking over the weekend god how I would give for a Richards or Revell back. Christ Matt Taylor would walk into this team! Now that is how far we have fallen and how poor we now are.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2018, 14:29:02 pm »

He brought in 4 players. 2 cheap ones, and two forwards. It was clear that he could do little else Id *guess* the Williams signing was made at the time when he thought/assumed KVV wasn't going to be here. If so, understandable. The JM cash buy, he's been very unlucky with...so far.

With regards to central defenders, he had too many on the books to justify bringing any more in, if it meant he couldn't bring in a forward.

The only position Id say he perhaps neglected was that of a winger (or two). But like you imply, he'd have no doubt strengthened us in the wide areas if he'd been able to get some players to leave. An on loan winger instead of Ward may have made more sense, but other than that...cant really criticise his perceived 'lack of work' in the transfer market.

We've only one out and out left back, with our other one being loaned out. Surely that's a significantly neglected area? Bad mistake not to bring in a more experienced keeper too IMO. Both these areas have cost us numerous goals so far.

I've got no issues with who he bought in, (don't see the point in Ward if he's not going to play though), it's the 2-3 he didn't that's the problem.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2018, 14:49:23 pm »

The fact is though, this horror show is happening on DA's watch.

We have 20 odd PROFESSIONAL footballers. If you're telling me our squad is in the bottom 4 or 5 worst in this division then you are having a laugh.

If you actually think we've got a top half of the table squad then you can only draw one conclusion. DA isn't getting the best out of them. You can slate the players for underperforming but I'd say DA is underperforming too. It's his job to get a performance out of whichever 11 he sends out, or use the bench if need be.

He must have the one of the worst win percentages in our history and it astounds me there's still those who think he's the right man for the job. I have nothing against him as a person; he's not as brash as Johnson, as dull as JED (close though) or as dumb as Page.

But he is as equally inept.

Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2018, 15:14:10 pm »

We will lose on Saturday, there is no way this team, managged by austin will beat Mansfield it just isn't gonna happen.

I was thinking over the weekend god how I would give for a Richards or Revell back. Christ Matt Taylor would walk into this team! Now that is how far we have fallen and how poor we now are.

I wouldn't want any of those in our starting XI. Matt Taylor?? At left back perhaps? Taylor can take a set-piece but otherwise was well past it. Richards might be OK off the bench on occasion, but that's about it. He was beyond poor whenever he played early on last season.

Revell has scored 3 in 9 full appearances for Stevenage this season. 2 of those came in the last minutes against He hasn't scored in 7 full matches he's played in. Richards' record is 2 in 5 so hardly an enviable record. It could also be well likely they are getting better service from their wingers then our forwards have had from Hoskins. We'd be no better off with them in our side by any stretch of the imagination.

For the most part it's not the personnel that's the problem. Swindon are regularly playing McCourt in CM ffs, and they sit just outside the play-offs. Would anyone swap him in the middle for any of JJOT, McWilliams, Foley or Crooks? He's a poor footballer who's not good enough to get in our second team. I'd prefer Bridge and Bowditch over him as well.

Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2018, 15:20:07 pm »

The fact is though, this horror show is happening on DA's watch.

We have 20 odd PROFESSIONAL footballers. If you're telling me our squad is in the bottom 4 or 5 worst in this division then you are having a laugh.

If you actually think we've got a top half of the table squad then you can only draw one conclusion. DA isn't getting the best out of them. You can slate the players for underperforming but I'd say DA is underperforming too. It's his job to get a performance out of whichever 11 he sends out, or use the bench if need be.

He must have the one of the worst win percentages in our history and it astounds me there's still those who think he's the right man for the job. I have nothing against him as a person; he's not as brash as Johnson, as dull as JED (close though) or as dumb as Page.

But he is as equally inept.

Difficult to disagree with any of that. We are seriously under-performing IMO. The longer things go on without improvement the more difficult it's going to be for KT to ignore.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2018, 16:15:21 pm »

I think you are again stating your opinion as facts. Oh dear don’t you ever learn.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2018, 16:50:05 pm »

I think you are again stating your opinion as facts. Oh dear don’t you ever learn.

Whereas you just talk a sea of nonsense nevers
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2018, 16:59:54 pm »

I take it that you have or intend to hand over all of the worldly wealth you could/can muster to a bookmaker in readiness as you already know the outcome? For a person in possession of such a wonderful gift I would have thought you would be more cheerful?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2018, 17:45:29 pm »

with the most expensively assembled squad in the club's history.
Even more so than the Class of '03?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2018, 21:26:15 pm »

I've tried my best to give the bloke a chance, but I'm sorry the time has come!

Simply not good enough against what I would say is tge worst team I've seen at sixfields for many years and but for Cornell and an inept ref could gave lost.

Enough is enough!

Hahaha. When will you ever learn, Boothroyd Out, Wilder Out, Page Out, Edinburgh Out, JFH Out, Austin Out.

I tend to think things would just be so much easier if we just got it FORWARD.

Idiots!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2018, 22:00:14 pm »

Hahaha. When will you ever learn, Boothroyd Out, Wilder Out, Page Out, Edinburgh Out, JFH Out, Austin Out.

I tend to think things would just be so much easier if we just got it FORWARD.

Idiots!

WTF are you on about?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2018, 22:05:37 pm »

Even more so than the Class of '03?

Imagine with the wages, yes. But then again, heavy weights such as Martin Reeves probably were demanding high wages too  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
defender

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2018, 07:44:05 am »

We could do witth the 'bounce' a new manager would bring.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: