The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 13:17:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mansfield's Park.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield's Park.  (Read 11628 times)
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 23, 2018, 14:37:32 pm »

Just keep Barnett in the team, defence looked better with him in it. Minimum requirement .. a draw.

You know it makes Sense and Sensibility.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 17:37:43 pm by Ron Obvious » Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 15:03:49 pm »

Just keep Barnett in the team, defence looked better with him in it. Minimum requirement .. a draw.

He must be a certain starter - we need to get McWilliams back in the starting lineup somehow.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 15:06:06 pm »

He must be a certain starter - we need to get McWilliams back in the starting lineup somehow.

Pack the midfield and one up top then?
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 17:10:14 pm »

Pack the midfield and one up top then?

Worth a try - I don’t know if Van Veen or Williams are mobile enough to be the lone striker though.
Report Spam   Logged
Martin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 17:48:03 pm »

I would play a similar formation to Saturday, Just a couple of changes but the emphasis must be on getting another clean sheet so Austin needs to work hard on getting them to close down far quicker.

Cornell

Odoffin  Barnett  Taylor  Turnbull

McWilliams   Foley

Crooks   O'Toole   Bridge

Waters

Subs:  Ward, Buchanan, Hoskins, Bowditch, Pierre, Facey, Van Veen

McWilliams would add some solidity to midfield whilst Crooks and O'Toole could push further forward if its decided to go Route1. Waters is a better bet as a goal scorer than Hoskins, and Van Veen is too lazy for my liking. I would bring in Turnbull at left back as he adds height to the back line and is probably quicker than Buchanan.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 19:02:46 pm »

I would play a similar formation to Saturday, Just a couple of changes but the emphasis must be on getting another clean sheet so Austin needs to work hard on getting them to close down far quicker.

Cornell

Odoffin  Barnett  Taylor  Turnbull

McWilliams   Foley

Crooks   O'Toole   Bridge

Waters

Subs:  Ward, Buchanan, Hoskins, Bowditch, Pierre, Facey, Van Veen

McWilliams would add some solidity to midfield whilst Crooks and O'Toole could push further forward if its decided to go Route1. Waters is a better bet as a goal scorer than Hoskins, and Van Veen is too lazy for my liking. I would bring in Turnbull at left back as he adds height to the back line and is probably quicker than Buchanan.

I like that but I would swap Bridge for Van Veen, I thought Van Veen looked good sat in the role behind the front man.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 13:04:05 pm »

Cornell

Odoffin Barnett Taylor Turnbull

Crooks  McWilliams John-Joe   Foley

Waters

Van Veen

Crooks displayed on Saturday that he's our best bet in regards to supplying some width. Foley has played on the left previously and did alright. McWilliams has to play, and I reckon him and JJ would form the best central midfield partnership out of the players we have.

Buch and Hoskins are not doing enough to warrant keeping their places, in my opinion. Waters to play where Hoskins played on Saturday, Turnbull to come in for DB.
Report Spam   Logged
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 13:06:29 pm »

Cornell

Waters

Van Veen

Think I'd go for this but favour Pierre over Taylor (unlikely Austin will agree though)
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 13:13:09 pm »

Think I'd go for this but favour Pierre over Taylor (unlikely Austin will agree though)

Id of agreed with this 2 weeks ago, but the way Pierre got himself sent off at Port Vale has miffed me. He needs to wait until someone fcuks up. Which by our standards, won't be very long!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 13:24:40 pm »

Cornell

Waters

Van Veen

Why would you play Foley left midfield when he's been outstanding in the centre?

DA clearly doesn't rate Waters of Turnbull so I can't see them getting in either. Waters would have been on during the second half of Saturday's game if he did.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 13:45:31 pm »

Why would you play Foley left midfield when he's been outstanding in the centre?

I would agree. Our central defence needs the Foley screen in front of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 13:50:52 pm »

Although it works on Football Manager...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 14:30:14 pm »

Why would I shift Foley out to the left when he's been our best player in recent times (which I agree with)?

(1) I believe JJ and McWilliams is the best central midfield partnership 'synergy wise'. I reckon JJ would play better if he had McWilliams along side him. Personal opinion, I haven't got stats to back this up!
(2) Foley played on the left last season and did just fine. Id argue that he'd be more effective in that position than McWilliams would be.
(3) It enables all 3 of our best players to play!
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 17:27:33 pm »

Why would I shift Foley out to the left when he's been our best player in recent times (which I agree with)?

(1) I believe JJ and McWilliams is the best central midfield partnership 'synergy wise'. I reckon JJ would play better if he had McWilliams along side him. Personal opinion, I haven't got stats to back this up!
(2) Foley played on the left last season and did just fine. Id argue that he'd be more effective in that position than McWilliams would be.
(3) It enables all 3 of our best players to play!

I see your reasoning and it's not unreasonable. The only problem I have is that I feel both JJ and SMW may not both be 100% fully fit so putting them next to each other might be risky. I would have hoped that we wouldn't play 100% fit players in the first place but my hunch is that we have already this season. It is a shame that I feel our defence needs a screen but having seen some of the goals scored against us who can blame me.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2677

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 17:30:00 pm »

Foley has been our best central midfielder this season.
We need to play him there.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 07:10:21 am »

Foley has been our best central midfielder this season.
We need to play him there.

Totally agree with this, the temptation to move him wide because he is playing well leaves us with two players who are not at 100% in the middle, and for me that is too much of a risk.

If Shaun is fit enough then he should start alongside Foley in the middle and we give JJ a rest. He can always come off the bench if we need him.

I would like us to try Bowditch behind a striker, for all the moaning about him on here he looks our most creative player other than Crooks. His delivery from set pieces also seems better than anyone else we have. Only problem with this for me, is you would have to have VV up top on his own or leave him out.

There are not many definite names on the team sheet for me at this point, the only ones I would guarantee a start would be Cornell, Barnett, Crooks (out wide) and Foley.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 07:38:35 am »

For me , McWilliams has to start if he is fit .
He is our best player and provides energy . I would play him alongside Foley in the centre .
JJOT hasn’t been performing well and so would make way .
Crooks to stay on the right and Bridge on the left .
Barnett to keep his place .
VV and probably Williams at the top .
Hoskins has had enough chances now and I would only play him if it was behind the main striker where he does cause problems .
Austin doesn’t rate Turnbull and so he won’t replace Buchanan .
It’s not the best side but we are desperately unbalanced and so have to make do .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 08:29:49 am »

For me , McWilliams has to start if he is fit .
He is our best player and provides energy . I would play him alongside Foley in the centre .
JJOT hasn’t been performing well and so would make way .
Crooks to stay on the right and Bridge on the left .
Barnett to keep his place .
VV and probably Williams at the top .
Hoskins has had enough chances now and I would only play him if it was behind the main striker where he does cause problems .
Austin doesn’t rate Turnbull and so he won’t replace Buchanan .
It’s not the best side but we are desperately unbalanced and so have to make do .

Take a look at their forum they are not a happy lot!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3103

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 09:18:22 am »

Cornell

Odoffin  Taylor  Barnett  Turnbull

O'Toole

S .McWilliams  Foley

Hoskins                           Bridge

A.Williams

Subs: J.Williams, Waters, Facey, Whaler, Roberts, Pollock.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 09:23:35 am »

Cornell

Odoffin  Taylor  Barnett  Turnbull

O'Toole

S .McWilliams  Foley

Hoskins                           Bridge

A.Williams

Subs: J.Williams, Waters, Facey, Whaler, Roberts, Pollock.

Going for another 0/0 then ?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: