The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:15:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Morecambe

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morecambe  (Read 10334 times)
Insider

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2011, 00:01:48 am »

Sammo post-match was spot on. You can't blame him for decent players playing poorly. With the likes of Wedderburn and Holt not fit enough to start his options were limited. Thornton, for all his good touches, is not fit, and Davis is returning from a lay off. We were lucky to get a point. But none of this IMHO is Sammo's fault.

Oh yes it is.  If all these players were not fit, he could have declined Gilligan a loan move, or recalled him.  He didn't have to play Jacobs in midfield.  He didn't have to make those substitutions.  And let's not forget this squad are nearly all Sammo's signings.  The players may be responsible, but the manager is accountable.  The buck stops with Sammo. 
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 16, 2011, 00:21:12 am »

3 goals at home and leading each time is not enough to see past Morecambe?!? - that's not far off a criminal offence in my book.

I thought tonight we'd get it done as long as we earned the right,  although once they came back for the second time at 2-2, i knew the pattern suggested it'll only end up one way, a draw or a Morecambe win. When i saw we'd got the third through Leon, i thought there was no way we'd let them off the hook again, sure to say the pattern told the rest of the story. Typical Cobblers fashion, turning something simple into great difficulty once more!
Report Spam   Logged
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2011, 05:49:21 am »

why is it Dunn and Tozer can pull off the difficult saves/blocks/tackles but when it comes to basic sunday league stuff they make a complete pigs ear of it? Thought Dunn had a great game sat but his had a shocker last night (not helped by cuckoo defending). The midfeild on paper looked a great footballing prospect but a little exposed but when it come to it they couldnt string a pass to save there lives. Davis that was 1 of the worst performances i've seen in a long time. Felt sorry for Sammo and Crozzer today who we're being heckled by frustrated fans around them but there's nothing they can do if 70% of the team have forgot how to trap a football. Oh welll bring on the Shots  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2011, 07:20:23 am »

From all the comments above, the big question to the management that will go a long way towards explaining why we only drew is: Why the substitutions at that particular time?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
DustCobb

« Reply #264 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:05 am »

Clearly the formation didn't work, i was one advocating that sort of attacking midfield, didn't work, but then everyone had a mare last night, nobody had a good game.

Looked as if they were almost trying to hard and they all looked nervous. f*** knows why.

Sammo as usual proved his complete lack of tactical knowledge with his 3 subs.
Report Spam   Logged
Forest

« Reply #265 on: February 16, 2011, 10:05:17 am »

well it clearly wasnt working so who wouldnt make 3 subs, if he had left it people would of MOANED that he didnt make ANY subs, You cant win!
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2011, 10:49:22 am »

He didn't need to make all 3 subs at once. He also didn't need to make the subs he made, could have made different changes.

Aswell with last nights game being 3-3 you can be sure Saturday is going to be a tight dull game.
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2011, 10:53:08 am »

He didn't need to make all 3 subs at once. He also didn't need to make the subs he made, could have made different changes.

Aswell with last nights game being 3-3 you can be sure Saturday is going to be a tight dull game.

Dull and tight up front for up - we could well be on the end of a heavy defeat?
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2011, 17:48:55 pm »

Problem is Sammo probably wanted to make 8 subs & leave 3 on. A majority of the team had stinker and im sure we must have finished the game with more shots on target than passes. How my work mates we're under the impression i'd seen a good game at sixfeilds last night beggers belief!
Report Spam   Logged
TNFSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2011, 21:05:50 pm »

Highlights are on NTFC Player for those who subscribe.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2011, 08:06:29 am »

Can I just ask what you think about their 3rd goal - I see their forward's claiming it, but surely it was a Marcus Hall OG?
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2011, 08:07:45 am »

I haven't seen the replays or anything, however initial thoughts on the night were definate own goal.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2011, 08:57:55 am »

Can I just ask what you think about their 3rd goal - I see their forward's claiming it, but surely it was a Marcus Hall OG?

I said at the time and I still say now after watching replay its was a Marcus Hall own goal!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2011, 13:37:43 pm »

Today's results are in...

Northampton 3-3 Morecambe

Me and Armchair 1-0 Patronising Football Geniuses of the Hotel End

Tongue Grin

Seriously, my heart sank when I saw that line-up, it was so predictable what would happen. Neither Walker nor Jacobs offered any protection to the back-line, and both of them pushed too far forward, leaving a gaping space between midfield and defence. So, when Dunn started to look like he had the jitters, Morecambe sensed weakness and piled the pressure on, bypassing the midfield with ease and pushing straight on to Tozer and Beckwith again and again.

We were always going to score goals with 6 attacking players in the line up, but we were always going to concede them with absolutely no protection afforded to the defence for the vast majority of the game. Bringing a clearly unfit Wedderburn on did little to sort the problem out.

I do hope we put a defensive player in central midfield on Saturday, even if that means playing Holt or Johnson out of position. Wedderburn would be the obvious option but unless he sheds about a stone by Saturday, I personally wouldn't play him, not from the start anyway.

I don't know who is the most knowledgable in the respect of football between you and Ian Sampson but I'd listen to what he has to say today in his Thursday slot on the official site. In a nutshell he reckons you're talking bollocks!
Report Spam   Logged
TNFSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2011, 14:25:28 pm »

I think Markus was lucky it didn't count as an own goal, because it clearly come of his chest into the goal. Defiantly poor defending from him, he could have cleared it a bit better.
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2011, 14:35:15 pm »

Looked more like a shove in the back by Mullin on Hall, meaning Hall got the first contact.
It was even more noticeable how easy it was for Morecambe to get the balls across for the second and third goals.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2011, 14:46:23 pm »

I don't know who is the most knowledgable in the respect of football between you and Ian Sampson but I'd listen to what he has to say today in his Thursday slot on the official site. In a nutshell he reckons you're talking bollocks!

He says none of the three goals were down to the lads in midfield, they were down to defenders failing to deal with balls into the box, so the midfield wasn't the problem- while I agree that the goals weren't directly caused by the imbalance in midfield, it did contribute to the unrelenting pressure the defence came under all night. The fact we didn't concede from any of the numerous Morecambe chances that started with the ball being pumped into the large gap between the defence and midfield, was down to a bit of good fortune, not down to any of the midfield players providing a kind of screen for Tozer and Beckwith.
Report Spam   Logged

Marvo

« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2011, 15:16:02 pm »

Let's get this right Nut, you were claiming that you and armchair had got it right on the night, Sammo obviously doesn't agree. I like your slant on what Sammo had to say so just to make things perfectly clear, this is what he said, word for word when asked if the players in midfield had worked hard enough:

"I think they did work hard enough, them players being in midfield didn't cost us the goals, you know it was the inability to stop a cross and defend a cross, that was the problem, it wasn't the lads that were playing in them positions in midfield and the typre of players they were, that didn't cause the problem"

To be honest Nut, I think that's pretty unequivocal, he doesn't agree with your take on things. I'm not saying he's right, I'm saying he doesn't think you are.
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2011, 17:55:00 pm »

Let's get this right Nut, you were claiming that you and armchair had got it right on the night, Sammo obviously doesn't agree. I like your slant on what Sammo had to say so just to make things perfectly clear, this is what he said, word for word when asked if the players in midfield had worked hard enough:

"I think they did work hard enough, them players being in midfield didn't cost us the goals, you know it was the inability to stop a cross and defend a cross, that was the problem, it wasn't the lads that were playing in them positions in midfield and the typre of players they were, that didn't cause the problem"

To be honest Nut, I think that's pretty unequivocal, he doesn't agree with your take on things. I'm not saying he's right, I'm saying he doesn't think you are.

Don't bring me into this Marvo, I've had enough of you already this year  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2011, 18:44:57 pm »

Don't bring me into this Marvo, I've had enough of you already this year  Wink

I didn't mate, it was Nut!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: