The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 23:56:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fans take over

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans take over  (Read 5373 times)
double row row 7

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 23, 2018, 19:18:18 pm »

When we ever hear about clubs with  a fan base taking over how much would it cost?
Do you think it is feasible or does it have  to be a last ditch salvage operation .

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 19:19:43 pm »

Hopefully will never happen, would rather see the club fold first.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest48

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 19:34:52 pm »

Hopefully will never happen, would rather see the club fold first.
Why??
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 19:39:17 pm »

Why??

Someone on here might win the lottery! Just imagine what I could do to the club  Grin

Addition: I don't normally do the lottery but this week I might just give it a go now.

If I won...

1. Get rid of the inane skip shenanigans.
2. Change the run out music.
3. White home kit with two claret bands over the chest.
4. Hire Mick McCarthy.
5. Build a proper east stand and bring Beds in to help design. (the only way it will ever be good enough).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 19:53:26 pm by Ron Obvious » Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 19:48:07 pm »

Given the apathy of Northamptonians, and the lack of support from the majority for their local team, I would suggest that this is going nowhere. I have noticed that since the debacle of the missing millions, if you identify yourself as a Cobblers fan, the first thing that people say, is, "what happened to the money?" We no longer receive sympathy from anybody.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 21:26:28 pm »

Someone on here might win the lottery! Just imagine what I could do to the club  Grin

Addition: I don't normally do the lottery but this week I might just give it a go now.

If I won...

4. Hire Mick McCarthy.
5. Build a proper east stand and bring Beds in to help design. (the only way it will ever be good enough).

Once you'd taken over the club and fitted out the abomination on the East Side of the Stadium, you'd not have enough left to cover Big Mick's wages.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest3114

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 22:23:39 pm »

If I won...

4. Hire Mick McCarthy.
Bad news Frankie boy, it’s not about having a few million, it’s about having enough to make a difference and take the club forward. My guess, 20 to 30 million minimum of disposable income (i.e enough an individual is prepared to blow) Anything else would be tinkering around the edges. But I know you knew this already. Stand by for the sustainable growth dross, where some poor sod is expected to put up their life savings for the white elephant that will be Sixfields, sorry, PMT Stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 08:33:29 am »

Given that we have a very dedicated and well-run Supporters' Trust with a fully democratic constitution - yet it still gets continual moans from a significant number of snipers on the sidelines who can't be arsed to join up to make the changes they say they want - it'd be suicidal to suggest that some sort of fans' consortium would stand a cat in hell's chance of trying to run the club.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 08:35:50 am »

Bad news Frankie boy, it’s not about having a few million, it’s about having enough to make a difference and take the club forward. My guess, 20 to 30 million minimum of disposable income (i.e enough an individual is prepared to blow) Anything else would be tinkering around the edges. But I know you knew this already. Stand by for the sustainable growth dross, where some poor sod is expected to put up their life savings for the white elephant that will be Sixfields, sorry, PMT Stadium.
I won £2.90 last week - will that do?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 09:10:31 am »

Given that we have a very dedicated and well-run Supporters' Trust with a fully democratic constitution - yet it still gets continual moans from a significant number of snipers on the sidelines who can't be arsed to join up to make the changes they say they want - it'd be suicidal to suggest that some sort of fans' consortium would stand a cat in hell's chance of trying to run the club.

Nah not at all. Fan ownership is pretty much exactly the same as a private model except with more democratic processes. Kelvin hires a chief exec, a fan owned club would hire a chief exec.

Most of the income comes from TV money and everyday turnover, the latter could possibly increase with a fan owned model.

Mix a fan-owned model with a bit of local money and you have a mighty fine platform. Funny how some Cobblers fans are scared of fan ownership when we pioneered it
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:17:46 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 10:40:36 am »

You can have the most democratic constitution in the world. Most political party do. But if you forget who you represent, you're nothing. Like I have said before. It will all come out in the wash.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 10:44:47 am »

You can have the most democratic constitution in the world. Most political party do. But if you forget who you represent, you're nothing. Like I have said before. It will all come out in the wash.

If we were to end up in fan ownership I could see us entering administration within 3 seasons.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 10:47:44 am »

Euro millions it is then. Will we still be allowed to do that post you know what?
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 12:16:24 pm »

If we were to end up in fan ownership I could see us entering administration within 3 seasons.

Depends on the make up and if the fan run club had a decent investor/s.

If it didn't, and we was set up like Rushden and Diamonds was when they took it on from Max Griggs, Id say your prophesy would be bang on.

Lets face it. Our recent boards have not exactly been successful. Although I do appreciate that for most of DC's reign, he propped up the cash flow when it was needed. As KT (Bowyer) is obviously doing right now. Any board at football league level would need to have access to significant emergency funds, thats for certain!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 12:36:06 pm »

Could say that about private ownership too except you would get more detailed accounts with a fan owned club. Oh yeah, no McRitchies or Cardozas either.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 12:36:35 pm »

Depends on the make up and if the fan run club had a decent investor/s.

If it didn't, and we was set up like Rushden and Diamonds was when they took it on from Max Griggs, Id say your prophesy would be bang on.

Lets face it. Our recent boards have not exactly been successful. Although I do appreciate that for most of DC's reign, he propped up the cash flow when it was needed. As KT (Bowyer) is obviously doing right now. Any board at football league level would need to have access to significant emergency funds, thats for certain!

If Wycombe can do it so can we.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 13:37:25 pm »

If Wycombe can do it so can we.

I won't claim to be privy to the make up of Wycombe's board, but from our point of view I've never seen a hint of the organisational skills, the control or the leadership amongst any of our existing fan-based groups that would be required to keep the club on an even keel.

I don't dispute we have a lot of intelligent, capable and professional industry high flyers amongst our supporters who are capable of doing it, I just doubt their willingness or availability to get involved because they haven't so far, in any capacity.

Edit: let me just caveat that - yes, there's David Jackson who is a fan but he's been involved in an investor capacity and I wouldn't think any future involvement from him would be as part of a fan owned model.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 13:43:02 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 13:49:26 pm »

I won't claim to be privy to the make up of Wycombe's board, but from our point of view I've never seen a hint of the organisational skills, the control or the leadership amongst any of our existing fan-based groups that would be required to keep the club on an even keel.

I don't dispute we have a lot of intelligent, capable and professional industry high flyers amongst our supporters who are capable of doing it, I just doubt their willingness or availability to get involved because they haven't so far, in any capacity.

Edit: let me just caveat that - yes, there's David Jackson who is a fan but he's been involved in an investor capacity and I wouldn't think any future involvement from him would be as part of a fan owned model.

Agreed.

Which fans would put the money in to enable the takeover?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 14:19:26 pm »

Chicken and egg isn't it. Hard to attract the more dynamic fans unless they have a proper role.

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 14:20:34 pm »

Agreed.

Which fans would put the money in to enable the takeover?

You'd have to start with a valuation first. No assets and a hefty wage bill. Could well be minus value .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: