The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:25:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fans take over

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans take over  (Read 5278 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2018, 16:05:28 pm »

What concerns me most. Is the Trust is no longer thought of as a collective, or large group of supporters. It is viewed as just the board...

That's a good point. I'd never really thought about it in those terms but you're right; when I think about the trust, I'm only thinking about those on the board, not the wider entity.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2018, 16:13:37 pm »

Agree 100%. Again, it needs benchmarking against other trusts of a high standard.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2018, 17:03:29 pm »

You will struggle... You’re more likely to see Lord Lucan riding Shergar down the high street of Atlantis, than hear what's going on with the Trust involving the council or the club.

What concerns me most. Is the Trust is no longer thought of as a collective, or large group of supporters. It is viewed as just the board...

It's never been the same since you left  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2018, 19:37:52 pm »

It seemed like the trust were being used by Thomss to attack the borough council for not handing over land, so it was nice to be told that wasn't the case.
Im hoping they are now a strong independent, growing organisation that has a well publicised mission statement which they insist owners strive to achieve.
I would be happy to write up the statement or otherwise known as the 10 commandments according to Bedscobb.
You know it makes sense😉
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2018, 00:19:47 am »

It seemed like the trust were being used by Thomss to attack the borough council for not handing over land, so it was nice to be told that wasn't the case.
Im hoping they are now a strong independent, growing organisation that has a well publicised mission statement which they insist owners strive to achieve.
I would be happy to write up the statement or otherwise known as the 10 commandments according to Bedscobb.
You know it makes sense😉

No, you’re alright. But thanks for offering.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2018, 11:11:55 am »

You know it makes sense😉

You only have one commandment.

Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2018, 11:21:05 am »

You only have one commandment.

You shud be here today Frank suns out; better than sitting in an armchair swopping pov’s with Man04?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2018, 22:45:31 pm »

A Trust is as active as its fanbase wants and allows it to be. If people are happy to leave it to the same 8-10 people to keep it ticking along until another crisis occurs then it's going to be rather limited as to what it can do or achieve.

I see lots of online grumbles, which you're all perfectly entitled to do but it achieves f*** all.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2018, 08:53:31 am »

A Trust is as active as its fanbase wants and allows it to be. If people are happy to leave it to the same 8-10 people to keep it ticking along until another crisis occurs then it's going to be rather limited as to what it can do or achieve.

I see lots of online grumbles, which you're all perfectly entitled to do but it achieves **** all.
On line grumbles acheived awareness as it is the only source of info for the regular fan to find answers to or even just possible reasons as to why their football club has not moved on after all these years and back dangerously close to the trap door again.
The trust probably, are unable to make public the hard hitting statements as they're  still a bit too close to be objectionable but kept far enough away to not see whats happening?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2018, 11:06:14 am »

On line grumbles acheived awareness as it is the only source of info for the regular fan to find answers to or even just possible reasons as to why their football club has not moved on after all these years and back dangerously close to the trap door again.
The trust probably, are unable to make public the hard hitting statements as they're  still a bit too close to be objectionable but kept far enough away to not see whats happening?
I meant online grumbles with regards to how the Trust operates, so I wouldn't disagree with your opening sentence.

I suppose the latter depends on how you define hard hitting. Only last week the Trust's statement saying that the fans deserve better made it as a teaser on the front page of the Chron, and a lead on page 5.

If the appetite is there for more direct action, i.e more than words, then people need to let the Trust know their opinions. I've said throughout it's always a difficult skill to guage when a fanbase has had enough and wants more direct or public action. People on a forum are naturally a bit more outspoken, so while it paints a picture of how the support base might feel it doesn't necessarily give the full picture. The Trust were getting people coming up to them in the #WeWantAnswers campaign saying they should be backing Mr Cardoza, despite overwhelming evidence at that point that something wasn't quite right.

In a nutshell, my argument is that if anyone thinks the current Trust board should be more outspoken, the best way of achieving what you want is to let them know yourself!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2018, 11:48:16 am »

I meant online grumbles with regards to how the Trust operates, so I wouldn't disagree with your opening sentence.

I suppose the latter depends on how you define hard hitting. Only last week the Trust's statement saying that the fans deserve better made it as a teaser on the front page of the Chron, and a lead on page 5.

If the appetite is there for more direct action, i.e more than words, then people need to let the Trust know their opinions. I've said throughout it's always a difficult skill to guage when a fanbase has had enough and wants more direct or public action. People on a forum are naturally a bit more outspoken, so while it paints a picture of how the support base might feel it doesn't necessarily give the full picture. The Trust were getting people coming up to them in the #WeWantAnswers campaign saying they should be backing Mr Cardoza, despite overwhelming evidence at that point that something wasn't quite right.

In a nutshell, my argument is that if anyone thinks the current Trust board should be more outspoken, the best way of achieving what you want is to let them know yourself!
Thanks for your reply Fez, please note Im not being critical and infact a fan of the football trust and what it can do for our club,  as for action, and I maybe over thinking this doomsday scenario but I would like the trust to investigate it.
My latest worries for our club is the ownership of the land
directly behind the east stand that has for 20 years been ear marked as the location for possible hotel, corporate facilities, confrencing, large supporters bar and function room etc etc, My current fears is that this will no longer be available for the clubs use and will be lost forever in private ownership.
Can we get confirmation from someone on the council that this land was surrendered to the football club for the football club and not something to be annexed and sold privately, thus killing all hope of Sixfields ever being able to play outside league 2?
On this issue, waiting and seeing can not happen as if theres a chance the club loses this land , the council could be our only hope.

Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2018, 12:02:29 pm »

Thanks for your reply Fez, please note Im not being critical and infact a fan of the football trust and what it can do for our club,  as for action, and I maybe over thinking this doomsday scenario but I would like the trust to investigate it.
My latest worries for our club is the ownership of the land
directly behind the east stand that has for 20 years been ear marked as the location for possible hotel, corporate facilities, confrencing, large supporters bar and function room etc etc, My current fears is that this will no longer be available for the clubs use and will be lost forever in private ownership.
Can we get confirmation from someone on the council that this land was surrendered to the football club for the football club and not something to be annexed and sold privately, thus killing all hope of Sixfields ever being able to play outside league 2?
On this issue, waiting and seeing can not happen as if theres a chance the club loses this land , the council could be our only hope.

I'm no longer on the board mate, so best to email this to ntfc_trust@outlook.com or message them on their Facebook page.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2018, 13:40:21 pm »

I'm no longer on the board mate, so best to email this to ntfc_trust@outlook.com or message them on their Facebook page.

He won't do that, he won't say or ask anything outside of posting on this board, even when someone offers to do it on his behalf... STILL.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2018, 13:55:40 pm »

He won't do that, he won't say or ask anything outside of posting on this board, even when someone offers to do it on his behalf... STILL.
As long as it's brought to the attention of those who have access to the right ears, for the sake of our club...whats it matter that I dont have any contacts within the council hierarchy?
I was never going to have private tet e tet with Thomas as he never had anything worthwhile  to offer.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2018, 22:29:17 pm »

As long as it's brought to the attention of those who have access to the right ears, for the sake of our club...whats it matter that I dont have any contacts within the council hierarchy?
I was never going to have private tet e tet with Thomas as he never had anything worthwhile  to offer.

STILL...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2018, 09:33:57 am »

Interesting article on the BBC Sport website about Exeter's fans funding a new contract for an up & coming player;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45758912

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2018, 10:04:19 am »

I see lots of online grumbles, which you're all perfectly entitled to do but it achieves **** all.

You are 100% right - easiest job in the world being a keyboard critic  (or basking in past commitments)  - the only thing that matters is what people actually do now or in the future.

For Beds or Random (& others) to be taken seriously they should join or rejoin the trust in an active capacity and set about the changes & progress they so freely articulate  - but in practice rather than the theoretical rhetoric of critism they specialize in.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: