The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:00:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Austin in

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Austin in  (Read 9262 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 17:22:08 pm »

I don't think the players are bothered enough to seek out what the fans think of them.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 17:24:39 pm »

When I contacted Ashley Taylor at the end of last season for the POTS, he didn't even know that this board existed.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 17:31:23 pm »

My posative has been Cornell 😉

Well that's a start I suppose even though I had to hold your arm behind your back for you to say it.  Grin

Now, try to have more positive thoughts, eventually we can more on to difficult tasks clapping  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3063

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 18:04:46 pm »

When I contacted Ashley Taylor at the end of last season for the POTS, he didn't even know that this board existed.

Don't mean to be a bit of a teacher's pet BUT it's Ashton Taylor not Ashley.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 18:08:59 pm »

Maybe , maybe not .
This squad of players got relegated with ease and that included Long , Grimes and ODonnell.
We are some distance from finishing top half never mind top 7 at the moment.
I don’t think changing the manager is the answer though . Let him build and give him a chance.

We were relegated effectively on the last day, I wouldn't quite say it was 'with ease' at all, however bad things were last season. Unless every team that gets relegated does so 'with ease' of course.

Now Wigan were relegated with comparative ease the season before last, and with a very similar squad won L1 at a canter the following year. Not saying we should expect the same, but I am saying that just because a team was relegated does not automatically mean that largely the same group of players are incapable of challenging in a lower division the following year. These things have to be judged on a case-by-case basis.

As regards the relegated squad, Williams, Morias, and Odoffin were not part of it. VV only played a very small part after we were already in trouble and was injured for much of that time. Facey only played 14 matches and we were solid defensively during that run of games and he looked exceptional during that time. Turnbull came into the side in January at the same time of that defensive improvement, when we were already in trouble. Pierre was injured from November on and had performed well before that IMO. He was in the L2 team of the season little more than a year before he joined us and was an ever-present for Wycombe when they made the play-offs the following season. He's good enough. Foley was not utilised enough last season either. Waters and Bowditch were on loan for much of the season. That's 10 players where IMO it would be unfair to lay any more from little to none of the blame for relegation at their door. Most have more than proved they can and should perform very well at this level. I maintain that Taylor (despite his drop off in form), Barnett, JJOT, McWilliams and Crooks are all strong players for L2. The squad is good enough to make some sort of challenge.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 19:14:53 pm »

We were relegated effectively on the last day, I wouldn't quite say it was 'with ease' at all, however bad things were last season. Unless every team that gets relegated does so 'with ease' of course.

Now Wigan were relegated with comparative ease the season before last, and with a very similar squad won L1 at a canter the following year. Not saying we should expect the same, but I am saying that just because a team was relegated does not automatically mean that largely the same group of players are incapable of challenging in a lower division the following year. These things have to be judged on a case-by-case basis.

As regards the relegated squad, Williams, Morias, and Odoffin were not part of it. VV only played a very small part after we were already in trouble and was injured for much of that time. Facey only played 14 matches and we were solid defensively during that run of games and he looked exceptional during that time. Turnbull came into the side in January at the same time of that defensive improvement, when we were already in trouble. Pierre was injured from November on and had performed well before that IMO. He was in the L2 team of the season little more than a year before he joined us and was an ever-present for Wycombe when they made the play-offs the following season. He's good enough. Foley was not utilised enough last season either. Waters and Bowditch were on loan for much of the season. That's 10 players where IMO it would be unfair to lay any more from little to none of the blame for relegation at their door. Most have more than proved they can and should perform very well at this level. I maintain that Taylor (despite his drop off in form), Barnett, JJOT, McWilliams and Crooks are all strong players for L2. The squad is good enough to make some sort of challenge.

Hard to argue with most of that but I would like to point out that our number 1 goalkeeper also didn't play a great part of the relegation fiasco .
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 19:26:37 pm »

He claimed..
Every football league club, has a fans forum, and every player knows it. Even the most stupid ones.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 19:42:54 pm »

Please remind me....where in the league are MK at the moment? Yes, higher than us but not in the top 7. His budget would certainly have been healthy too.

Also, what makes you think he would have chosen to come to us with MK also in the running.     

Fancy a side bet who fineshes higher this season?

Thought not....
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 19:53:00 pm »

This thread isn't as positive as it should be given its title. I'm sure that will change after a morale-boosting victory this weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
Spinney cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 19:56:43 pm »

Well put Clarence.It's still to early to right this season off IMO.Lets give him time to get it right.This is his first job as a manager he is not going to get it right straight away.Although it's baffling he is very reluctant to make any subs or mix it up a bit.I really do hope he can turn it around and get us going.
Is it to late for a Dave Cornell day at Mansfield,he might get himself sent off then and Ward will have to play which will please a lot of supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 20:04:42 pm »

DA needs time to trust his instincts. At the moment he's acting out of fear because of the pressure. He'll overcome it and start winning, even though he's inherited a vastly overrated squad.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2018, 20:12:49 pm »

This thread isn't as positive as it should be given its title. I'm sure that will change after a morale-boosting victory this weekend.

Is that a pig flying past the window too??? 😂😂😂😂😂
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 20:16:13 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2018, 20:14:23 pm »

Well put Clarence.It's still to early to right this season off IMO.Lets give him time to get it right.This is his first job as a manager he is not going to get it right straight away.Although it's baffling he is very reluctant to make any subs or mix it up a bit.I really do hope he can turn it around and get us going.
Is it to late for a Dave Cornell day at Mansfield,he might get himself sent off then and Ward will have to play which will please a lot of supporters.

There is a massive difference between not getting everything right and getting almost everything wrong tho.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2018, 20:15:28 pm »

DA needs time to trust his instincts. At the moment he's acting out of fear because of the pressure. He'll overcome it and start winning, even though he's inherited a vastly overrated squad.

Meanwhile we can drop to the confrence whilst his learning right??
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2018, 20:18:11 pm »

[/

You can spin it ( and you are spinning it ) whichever way you want .
Most of the players in the current squad were involved in the relegation embarrassment. True , some didn’t play because they weren’t good enough and either got shipped out or dropped.
We looked like getting relegated from February  onwards and I would say we went down with a whimper.
Yes , some players should be better than league 2 but they have so far not shown that tonsny degree . It’s performances not reputations that count .
We will do well to finish mid table .
That said , I would keep Austin.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 20:47:09 pm »

I've mentioned elsewhere... I'm surprised he makes subs at all any more. We seem to lose the game almost immediately after he ever changes anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3063

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 21:10:28 pm »

Fancy a side bet who fineshes higher this season?

Thought not....

If you read again then you'll realise I didn't say they wouldn't finish above us. I just asked the question on how Tisdale is doing at the moment and if he would have chosen us in any case.

Understand? Thought so....
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 21:21:47 pm »

If you read again then you'll realise I didn't say they wouldn't finish above us. I just asked the question on how Tisdale is doing at the moment and if he would have chosen us in any case.

Well tgey have got almost twice as many points as us and his got them playing good attacking football by all accounts,  so I know which camp I'd rather be in!

Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 09:18:26 am »

When I said missed the boat, I wasn't assuming that he'd drop everything for us.

What I meant was we missed out not trying to get him here. Or maybe we did? Who knows?

What I'm saying is, Tisdale is light years ahead of DA in terms of experience and track record and i still think he'd have these players working harder and we'd be higher up the table.

I wonder if there's a lack of respect for DA from the players, in terms of he's relatively wet behind the ears still. He's bigged them up and come across a bit too over supportive. Now, when he needs to pound them, maybe he's finding that difficult, or worried such a major about turn in how he views them would make him look a bit daft.

Not that he didn't already sound a bit daft saying how great they were....
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2018, 10:59:14 am »

Well tgey have got almost twice as many points as us and his got them playing good attacking football by all accounts,  so I know which camp I'd rather be in!

Someone else who doesn't read my post correctly. I am not comparing their league points/position to ours. What I am saying is at the moment his team are not pulling up any trees in league 2 (mid-table) and with their budget and excellent manager (according to some on here) maybe they should be doing a lot better.   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: