The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:08:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Austin in

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Austin in  (Read 9254 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2018, 16:54:08 pm »

Fair play to dean
He’s thrown the players under the bus in his interview
He’s basically told them they are s*** and have no bottle.
Even if he isn’t much of a manager I admire his honesty
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2018, 16:56:53 pm »

Shame it’s taken him this long to reach that conclusion - he’s been as guilty as the players of blowing smoke up their ar*es so far this season.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2018, 17:08:30 pm »

Fair play to dean
He’s basically told them they are **** and have no bottle.

I agree, it's just a shame it's taken this long for him to state the obvious.

It's not looking good for Dean but a lot of these players will soon be on their 3rd /4th / 5th NTFC manager which is just ridiculous and speaks volumes about them.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2018, 17:09:22 pm »

Fair play to dean

Too little far too late
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2018, 17:17:02 pm »

Fair play to dean

This doesn't belong in a Dean Austin In thread.

He's lost the whole lot after that interview. Time for him to go
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest143

« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2018, 17:24:42 pm »

I like Dean's strength of character but we're in a habit of losing and doing things wrong.

If I was him, I'd set up ultra defensively, have a target man and then someone like Waters or Hoskins to counter quick. That's essentially what we did against Plymouth last season at home. I don't see any point to over commit players for a corner in the opening minutes of the match to then get countered.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2018, 17:33:34 pm »

I like Dean's strength of character but we're in a habit of losing and doing things wrong.

If I was him, I'd set up ultra defensively, have a target man and then someone like Waters or Hoskins to counter quick. That's essentially what we did against Plymouth last season at home. I don't see any point to over commit players for a corner in the opening minutes of the match to then get countered.

You could argue that was what DA set out to do today! Waters and Hoskins were so poor that it really did not matter if they were on the pitch or not!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2018, 18:16:57 pm »

Anyone still supporting this thread?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2018, 18:18:18 pm »

DA has finally come out and said what I've been saying for quite some time: most of these players are gutless and have little interest in the club paying their wages. He is absolutely right to suggest a new manager would struggle with them. This is why I'm still supporting him. Shame Scott didn't get a run out. At least he would have busted a gut. Looking forward to Tuesday!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2018, 18:22:38 pm »

Sounds like it was quite an interesting interview.
The last away game I got to, he was suggesting he wouldn't swap his squad for any other in the league.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2018, 18:25:26 pm »

As DA said, he will defend them if they put the effort in but today really showed the players for what they are.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2018, 20:34:47 pm »

This thread is surely redundant!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2018, 21:56:23 pm »

BUT WHO NEXT?!?!?!?!

Had to have a polite word with a couple who said this today. Honestly think that Mad Michelle would get more out of the team than Dean has managed.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2018, 22:00:16 pm »

As DA said, he will defend them if they put the effort in but today really showed the players for what they are.

But it's Deans job to get the best out of what he has and unfortunately he has failed miserably with that. A lot down to lack of expiriance I'd say. He just looks a blue out of his depth.
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2018, 22:47:45 pm »

DA has finally come out and said what I've been saying for quite some time: most of these players are gutless and have little interest in the club paying their wages. He is absolutely right to suggest a new manager would struggle with them. This is why I'm still supporting him. Shame Scott didn't get a run out. At least he would have busted a gut. Looking forward to Tuesday!
I concur (apart from looking forward to Tuesday, which I'm not). This current bunch of players are useless, so bad even a top manager couldn't get a win out of them. We are heading inexorably towards non-league football.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2018, 23:56:00 pm »

If Austin is still here Tuesday he should stand down all those who played today and field our best Youth side he can put out. Whatever the score we woukd all back them.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2018, 09:00:36 am »

The real tragedy is that DA might be a good manager? He was presented with an opportunity and he had to back himself and take it. Whether he is or not, the truth is it won’t matter who manages this group of players they will fail. Do you blow more budget getting rid of DA or do you use it to recruit what’s missing? I’d actually probably go for the latter and back DA. Is it the right thing to do, honestly I don’t know? What I do know is changing the manager will achieve nothing and just waste limited resources. I’m off to run for cover!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2018, 09:04:54 am »

The real tragedy is that DA might be a good manager? He was presented with an opportunity and he had to back himself and take it. Whether he is or not, the truth is it won’t matter who manages this group of players they will fail. Do you blow more budget getting rid of DA or do you use it to recruit what’s missing? I’d actually probably go for the latter and back DA. Is it the right thing to do, honestly I don’t know? What I do know is changing the manager will achieve nothing and just waste limited resources. I’m off to run for cover!

Rubbish imo,

It's about getting the best out of what you have now for austin and he simply is not doing that. IMO a more expirianced head would stand more chance of doing that.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2018, 09:14:19 am »

You should run for cover your talking Shyte, I'm guessing you did it for the attention.
DA will be gone before Halloween just as I predicted in August.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2018, 09:35:51 am »

Well done, MC. Spot on!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: