The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 06:06:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alive and kicking or dead and Buryed?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alive and kicking or dead and Buryed?  (Read 10725 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2018, 21:22:33 pm »

Positives:

1. Only the second clean sheet this season
2. 3-5-2 makes a lot of sense. We have decent central midfielders and putting Barnett, Pierre and Taylor in at least means there is always a spare man. It also means we can play two up top without sacrificing midfield strength.

The lack of a natural left sided wingback is an issue, though. I'll be shot for saying this but I actually think it's time to recall Bunney - at least he can cross a ball and he's a more natural wingback than anyone else in the squad.  

Agree about Bunney bungle, if we're gonna play that system and I agree as you say it makes sense too then Bunney is the most natural fit as a wing back.

Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2018, 21:24:29 pm »

Lots of kick, rush and chase. Not a great deal of quality on show from either team. Was worried when Adams lined up against Powell but a good move by Curle to bring over Facey who did very well.

Where do they find the lino's? The FA must send us a Muppet every home game on purpose.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3114

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2018, 21:27:33 pm »

Given Curlio has just turned up and bearing in mind the performance on Saturday the squad will be delighted to know I’ll take that. The shortcomings still need to be sorted though, not sure who’s out of contract but if we don’t bring anyone in this lot will return to norm form within a few weeks. January is too far off.
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2018, 21:40:04 pm »

I hope he doesn’t drop Hoskins.
A shoe-in I'd say from his post match interview. Seems to think he has plenty of goals in him.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
guest49

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2018, 21:41:32 pm »

The sponsors picked Cornell MOM. He looked a bit bemused and said “I hardly touched it”  Grin
Wasn’t a lot to pick from, maybe Crooks. If only Hoskins can finish the odd one.
Thought first half was pretty decent but second half there was nothing. We are in desperate need of some more ideas up front and far too many slices and scuffs.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2018, 21:41:53 pm »

Given Curlio has just turned up and bearing in mind the performance on Saturday the squad will be delighted to know I’ll take that. The shortcomings still need to be sorted though, not sure who’s out of contract but if we don’t bring anyone in this lot will return to norm form within a few weeks. January is too far off.

Agree with this - admittedly the second half petered out but there were decent signs in the first half. Barnett, Pierre and facey looked pretty solid (Taylor still looked like he had a rick in him), crooks showed his usual intermittent flashes of class and Williams/Hoskins put in a good shift. The lack of goals is a real concern but the onus doesn't just fall on the forwards - we need to improve set pieces as it is criminal that with all our players over 6ft we don't threaten more.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2018, 21:43:04 pm »

A shoe-in I'd say from his post match interview. Seems to think he has plenty of goals in him.
And he would have if he could just put it about half a meter either side of where he actually ends up putting it
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest3063

« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2018, 21:43:14 pm »

Positives:

1. Only the second clean sheet this season
2. 3-5-2 makes a lot of sense. We have decent central midfielders and putting Barnett, Pierre and Taylor in at least means there is always a spare man. It also means we can play two up top without sacrificing midfield strength.

The lack of a natural left sided wingback is an issue, though. I'll be shot for saying this but I actually think it's time to recall Bunney - at least he can cross a ball and he's a more natural wingback than anyone else in the squad.  

I don't think you can recall players who are on season long loans, unless it was in the agreement at the time he signed for them, which in this case I doubt.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2018, 21:44:16 pm »

I don't think you can recall players who are on season long loans, unless it was in the agreement at the time he signed for them, which in this case I doubt.

Isn't he out injured anyway?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2018, 21:45:24 pm »

Sounds like Curle will have seen in 45 mins exactly why hoskins is not good enough!
Post match interview... ' the effort drive and determination from little Sam Hoskins was superb, he's going to score lots of goals for us'...
Oh dear, that's another manager hoodwinked then.

I did like 'they called me Mysterious Curle at Carlisle cause i played 3-5-2' and 'I gave them a microwave session, 7 minutes' though.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2018, 21:47:55 pm »

And he would have if he could just put it about half a meter either side of where he actually ends up putting it

If he could/had in the past he would not now be playing for us.
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2018, 21:49:26 pm »

It was also refreshing to see logical, tactical substitutions for the first time in a long while.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2018, 21:49:35 pm »

Arrrrrrrrr Hoskins is soooo frustrating or should I say shyte.
No Keith he hasn't got any goals in him.....
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2018, 21:55:57 pm »

When Curle said that Hoskins has got goals in him , you could hear everyone repeat at the same time “ no he f**king hasn’t “....
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2018, 21:56:36 pm »

Almost forgot and something that most will have missed... "Rip it up and start again" by Orange Juice playing at full volume as I took my seat.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2018, 22:11:53 pm »

I think Curle's first recruit ought to be a sports psychologist to work on Hoskins. He's a terrific little player; quick, skilful, energetic, great movement and positioning... right up until the point that he needs to do something with the ball.

At that point something just goes in his head, he panics and wellies the ball as hard as he can to get rid of it. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a cross or a shot, it gets the full monty every time. If he was able to calm the f*** down and find some composure then he wouldn't be playing in league 2 for very long. Until that point though, he'll continue to frustrate.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2018, 22:15:26 pm »

Almost forgot and something that most will have missed... "Rip it up and start again" by Orange Juice playing at full volume as I took my seat.  Grin

AS if i missed Orange Juice. This new dj is really stepping it up. JAMC next plz. That will please the old boys up.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2018, 00:17:48 am »

It was also refreshing to see logical, tactical substitutions for the first time in a long while.

It’s a pity he did not get vV in sooner.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2018, 01:10:49 am »

😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2018, 06:01:25 am »

There was a lot of players really struggling out there .
Whether it was lack of form or match practice , we looked a bottom of the table side .
Taylor was horrendous in most things he did . JJOT was totally out of sorts again.
Crooks didn’t do enough again .
Williams and Powell showed glimpses but nothing more .
Bowditch was useless.
Curle has a lot to do with this very unbalanced squad
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: