The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:21:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alive and kicking or dead and Buryed?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alive and kicking or dead and Buryed?  (Read 10548 times)
guest3230

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2018, 16:56:54 pm »

Agree that Mayor was the best player on the pitch last night.

Thought we looked competitive and more solid. Sadly lacking goals as usual though and it's a definite concern.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2018, 18:44:24 pm »

If I was a defender I would hate Hoskins. If I was a keeper I'd love him.

As a defender, just keep showing him wide. He never takes it past a defender and ends up floating it chest height into the keeper.

Twice I've seen an opposition play him a perfect through ball for an unpressured 1v1 only to watch him hit it straight at the keeper both times. A traffic cone in the middle of the goal would have stopped hoskins scoring this season.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2018, 22:09:28 pm »

I stick by what I said Morias and Van veen only have 34 career goals between them. ok with Williams, over 3 years then , 23 goals. We need another striker or 2

Perhaps. IMO the issue is the lack of service our forwards receive and this could be resolve by signing a creative player, whether that be an out-and-out winger or an attacking midfielder. However if a prolific forward can be bought in during January you won't find any complaints from me!

Just to be devils advocate I'll list these stats regarding 4 of our forward players:

Williams, only played 9 in league games last season. A check on Wiki shows only 3 of those were starts. In fact I've just checked and see he missed at least four months last season with an ankle injury, which clearly explains his lack of appearances last term:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42098358

In the previous three seasons he scored 44 in 129 appearances, 3/4 of his goals in L1. This is 1 goal in less than every 3 matches, a decent record.

Van Veen has 23 league goals in 105 appearances in England, most at L1 level, 1 in roughly every 4.5 games. Not prolific but any means but not too shabby. There's a lot more to his game than just scoring too, I'm not sure he can be best described as an 'out-and-out' centre forward and feel he would work best in a partnership where he creates as much as he scores, often dropping deeper to link up with the midfield, I guess as a kind of 'false 9'.

Waters has 16 in 85 career league appearances over the last three seasons, a record of 1 in just over every 5 matches. Again not prolific but also not too shabby for a relatively young player who is more of an inside forward than a target man like Williams.

Morias has 11 in 47 appearances over the last 3 seasons a record of 1 in just over every 4 matches, again not prolific but far from shabby for a player who is again more of an inside-forward than a centre forward/target man type attacker.

Until January at least there are goals in the squad, Curle just needs to figure out the best system for the squad he has. When he does the goals will come IMO.

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2018, 06:21:42 am »

An issue for me as well as the above is the ability to score goals throughout the team.

Crooks should get some, O Toole has or had the knack of finding the net. Taylor and Pierre are big guys and should be more of a threat from set plays.

It wouldn’t matter so much if we had a 30 goal forward partnership. Reality is we don’t so need cover from all areas and I can’t see much coming.

Get McWilliams fit as although a goal scorer his energy and breaks from midfield give others more time.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2018, 07:40:03 am »

I reckon, with a bit of luck, Morias will get 12 this season.
Games, not goals.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2018, 10:38:53 am »

Games, not goals.

His injury is certainly not dampening his dancing ability as I watched him bust a move or two pre-match on Tuesday. Just for clarification it was more funky chicken than human worm.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2018, 12:00:29 pm »

Another way to look at the issues we've had has to be consistency. If you put aside the close season, we average a manager nearly every three months. That is total madness. What hope is there for any player to get into his stride, if during his playing time, he faces the chance of his boss changing every 12 or so games.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 14:16:04 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2018, 14:38:14 pm »

An issue for me as well as the above is the ability to score goals throughout the team.

Crooks should get some, O Toole has or had the knack of finding the net. Taylor and Pierre are big guys and should be more of a threat from set plays.

It wouldn’t matter so much if we had a 30 goal forward partnership. Reality is we don’t so need cover from all areas and I can’t see much coming.

Get McWilliams fit as although a goal scorer his energy and breaks from midfield give others more time.

I noticed that pierre stayed back for corners , leaving  the midgets up for corners
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2018, 16:30:29 pm »

Games, not goals.

Grin t  - hought you were to say 'minutes'.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2018, 17:17:33 pm »

In your preamble you did not clarify your point which is why Macc Cobbler commented on your post. You must do better and ensure yr posts are idiot proof. Is that not right Frank?

What are you one about? My point is perfectly clear.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2018, 18:50:01 pm »

Without someone like Grimes on corners, we'll struggle from set pieces this year regardless how big they are.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2018, 16:00:09 pm »

Games, not goals.
I stand by this.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2018, 16:40:15 pm »

I stand by this.

He may struggle  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2018, 16:52:47 pm »

Ok guys time to place your money.. I will takes 10000 at evens he appears 12 times for us this season
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: