The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 04:39:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindon Town

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindon Town  (Read 7574 times)
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2018, 17:52:26 pm »

Turbull was outstanding at the back Motm for me.
Hoskins one on one yet again fails to score, as for Walters dear oh dear less. Said the better.
Good overall effort, final ball truly pityful.

Any other players other than Turnball good today?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest2677

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2018, 18:26:16 pm »

Any other players other than Turnball good today?  Tongue
Everyone put a shift in.
If I were KC, my immediate concerns from today would be finding two wingbacks and at least one forward who can put the ball in the back of the net.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2018, 18:58:02 pm »

Well I did enjoy that even if it was two below average teams, a draw was about the right result.

I thought Foley was excellent (my MOM), Turnbull superb at tge back and to be fair Cornell was very good, two excellent saves so willing to eat a bit of humble pie there, but we will see how the season continues to pan out.Mcwilliams was decent at wing back and listening to brown on tge radio coming back it was an area they targerted

Crookes showed glimpse of brilliance but was wasteful in possession a few times
 Hoskins caused them.problems with his pace but the final ball/finish/decision is still as awful as ever

I thought Williams was very poor, his movement non existent which suprised me and we looked more of a threat once KVV had come on.

Suprised by how poor swindon were but they had doughty out today who is suppose to be their best player. Also suprised by how much Rico got slated on bbc wilts coming back it's seems like their fans have had enough of him.

Anyway my glass is half full and certainly blocks to build on.

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2018, 19:03:18 pm »

Well I did enjoy that even if it was two below average teams, a draw was about the right result.

I thought Foley was excellent (my MOM), Turnbull superb at tge back and to be fair Cornell was very good, two excellent saves so willing to eat a bit of humble pie there, but we will see how the season continues to pan out.Mcwilliams was decent at wing back and listening to brown on tge radio coming back it was an area they targerted

Hoskins caused them.problems with his pace but the final ball/finish/decision is still as awful as ever

I thought Williams was very poor, his movement non existent which suprised me and we looked more of a threat once KVV had come on.

Suprised by how poor swindon were but they had doughty out today who is suppose to be their best player. Also suprised by how much Rico got slated on bbc wilts coming back it's seems like their fans have had enough of him.

Anyway my glass is half full and certainly blocks to build on.

I also want to praise KC for going for tge win at 0-0 and that posative change paid off inside 3 mins. Very odd seeing KVV trot over to wingback tho as other said pleased it was quickly addressed
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2018, 20:18:53 pm »

Agree on Foley and Turnbull. Cornell made two great saves today and gave no freebee’s away. No humble pie from me though. He ain’t good enough and unfortunately one performance in 50 is not enough to change that.

Hoskins with an assist putting in a great cross for the goal, also outpaced the backline and put another beauty of a cross right on Williams boot in the first minute for what should have been opener. He also put one on Crooks head that he missed in the 2nd half. General play was good, work rate on and off the ball both in and out of possession excellent. I seem to cut a lonely figure in this opinion at the minute but I thought he was good again today.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2018, 20:25:23 pm »

Agree on Foley and Turnbull. Cornell made two great saves today and gave no freebee’s away. No humble pie from me though. He ain’t good enough and unfortunately one performance in 50 is not enough to change that.

Hoskins with an assist putting in a great cross for the goal, also outpaced the backline and put another beauty of a cross right on Williams boot in the first minute for what should have been opener. He also put one on Crooks head that he missed in the 2nd half. General play was good, work rate on and off the ball both in and out of possession excellent. I seem to cut a lonely figure in this opinion at the minute but I thought he was good again today.

He's so incredibly frustrating, has all tge attributes to be a top player until he gets to tge final third (the bit that actually makes a diffetence) and it's simply not good enough 9.5 times out of 10 at time again today he didn't even look up before he pkayed the final ball.

Agree to some extent about Cornell and I was expected tgat mistake to come, thought it might from the low shot from the edge of the box which he held onto, he hasn't convinced me yet, but I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack of he time being.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2018, 20:43:02 pm »

You make yourself look a silly billy with the last 10 words. Still if that's your patter, patter more. There is a few here that need a laugh  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2018, 22:05:38 pm »

Draw away at a side placed 11th and went for the win. Defensively good by all accounts and without Taylor. Is Cornell starting to win his doubters around, crucial saves again? Very good start by Curlio and we’ll done all round.
There aren't doubters for us who actually travel to watch them!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2018, 22:11:30 pm »

Now what's the word I'm looking for?
You give no credit to Cornell but think Hoskins did a good job...I think 'twat' is what I'm looking for!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2018, 06:47:26 am »

Not a stunning performance, but encouraging signs. Definitely more fight in the side. Thought Cornell did very well first half. Didn’t have a lot to do second half. 

As for those booing Matt Taylor  Grin A lesson in terms of form being temporary and class permanent.

Still worried about our finishing, or la k of it.

It’s a conundrum that Curle is going to have to solve - Williams and Hoskins provide hard work and non stop running but inconsistent end product whereas Van Veen and to a lesser extent Waters provide the opposite.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2018, 08:04:46 am »

You give no credit to Cornell but think Hoskins did a good job...I think 'twat' is what I'm looking for!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2018, 09:13:43 am »

Short corners left a lot to be desired. As did pretty much any final ball.

Same shortcomings as under DA.  Quelle surprise.

KvV at RWB was bizarre. Thankfully addressed within 10/15 minutes... but it should never have been tried.

We scored from a short corner
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2018, 09:19:43 am »

I’ve just seen the highlights and you’re being unfair on Hoskins, he did a very good job on this occasion. He set up our goal and created numerous chances. The hopeless miss by AW was from one of his crosses
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2018, 09:24:00 am »

Great to see Shaun back in , hes such a great tackler, and how many crosses does he get in , Waters has to stay on the bench, no impact whatsoever, although he could start in place of Hoskins, would like to see KVV and Waters given a go cos Hoskins Williams doesn't work . Jonjo is slowly coming back from his serious hair injury , hope that goal was one of many to come
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2018, 09:24:57 am »

I’ve just seen the highlights and you’re being unfair on Hoskins, he did a very good job on this occasion. He set up our goal and created numerous chances. The hopeless miss by AW was from one of his crosses

Numerous ?  3 I can recall
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2018, 09:37:21 am »

Agreed - ask Swindon players and fans which player worried them most and I’m fairly sure Hoskins would come out as a popular choice - sure we all know the end results are often not as we would wish but he still would be in my team from the current squad we have.

No one can argue that Cornell had a good game but I’m not sure it’s the height of intelligence calling Patmore a twat because he suggest one swallow doesn’t make a summer.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2018, 09:53:13 am »

Tbf tho the other 7 or 8 were pants and a wasted opportunity to get decent service into the box
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2018, 09:55:53 am »

It's the ones he misses and tge umpteen times he gets himself into good positions in the final third then chooses the wrong option that the highlights don't show is why he us correctly critised and is why he is so very frustrating.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2018, 10:01:56 am »

Agreed - ask Swindon players and fans which player worried them most and I’m fairly sure Hoskins would come out as a popular choice - sure we all know the end results are often not as we would wish but he still would be in my team from the current squad we have.

Disagree because his final ball/ option / finish us so very poor 99% of the time. He could play against no defence or keeper and still manage to choose the wrong optin ir miss the target,  biggest problem for him is he still has his head down most of the time, if he actually looked up and held onto to the ball for a split second longer before booting it anywhere as hard as he can I'm sure it would give him a better opportunity to pick out a better option.

For me tho, his been here for 3+ years working under numerous managers and in that time has shown zero improvement in the final third in that time so he is what he is.
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2018, 10:21:57 am »

And from the other 10?
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print