The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:09:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Head Down Hoskins

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Head Down Hoskins  (Read 17622 times)
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2018, 17:48:26 pm »

The simple fact of the matter is that since the start of last season we have been far more likely to win when Hoskins plays than when he doesn't. Last season we only won 12 games out of 53. In the games that Hoskins played at least 60 minutes, we won 9 out of 21.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2018, 17:57:13 pm »

The simple fact of the matter is that since the start of last season we have been far more likely to win when Hoskins plays than when he doesn't. Last season we only won 12 games out of 53. In the games that Hoskins played at least 60 minutes, we won 9 out of 21.

That's a stupid fact!

What about all the games we won under wilder that hoskins sat on tge bench!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2018, 17:59:41 pm »

He's only seen one game all season (last Saturday)...although I couldn't guarantee that because he didn't wear his flower in his hair.

Haha you know when your losing an argument when you resort back to the old not being there chestnut! Nevers likes that one!

How do you know how many games I gave and haven't been too?

No I left the flower out of my hair, did it disappoint??

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 18:10:52 pm »

That's a stupid fact!

..but Glasto he said since the start of the season! I dont think it is wise to say somebody's fact is stupid after all you deal in facts all the time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:12:48 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 18:17:58 pm »

That's a stupid fact!

I've heard of fake news and alternative facts but stupid fact ? What is that an inconvenient truth. Chris Wilder had better players to choose from, particularly in the early part of the season, Hoskins was raw, had few league appearances behind him, but still scored 8 goals and contributed to that season's success.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 18:35:47 pm »

Haha you know when your losing an argument when you resort back to the old not being there chestnut!

By your own admission you missed most of the games last season; you even missed the games against Pompey. As for this season you have failed to make any away games and far as I can make out you have only attended two home games.  Oxford is a reasonable journey for you to make? Yet you pronounce views on all matters relating to Cobblers with most of them presented as facts.  Of course there is nothing wrong in making comments on the team but when challenged on the authenticity of your facts you get very evasive even 'rude'! Can you please consider outlining the games you have been to this season so we can take your opinion seriously. Lets face it you were wrong on Cornell and almost certainly on Hoskins.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2018, 18:57:38 pm »

Haha you know when your losing an argument when you resort back to the old not being there chestnut! Nevers likes that one!

How do you know how many games I gave and haven't been too?

No I left the flower out of my hair, did it disappoint??

I am an old chestnut.
Using your tried and tested method of stating facts without evidence.
Yes.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2018, 19:27:52 pm »

By your own admission you missed most of the games last season; you even missed the games against Pompey. As for this season you have failed to make any away games and far as I can make out you have only attended two home games.  Oxford is a reasonable journey for you to make? Yet you pronounce views on all matters relating to Cobblers with most of them presented as facts.  Of course there is nothing wrong in making comments on the team but when challenged on the authenticity of your facts you get very evasive even 'rude'! Can you please consider outlining the games you have been to this season so we can take your opinion seriously. Lets face it you were wrong on Cornell and almost certainly on Hoskins.

😂😂😂😂 you do spout some tripe nevers.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2018, 21:10:18 pm »

😂😂😂😂 you do spout some tripe nevers.

Which part did you not understand? Basically all you need to do is confirm which games you have been to this season?
As I said when faced with straightforward questions you issue your version of defensive tripe. Presumably you want your readers to feel confident that the 'facts' you present are correct?
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2018, 21:50:22 pm »

Which part did you not understand? Basically all you need to do is confirm which games you have been to this season?
As I said when faced with straightforward questions you issue your version of defensive tripe. Presumably you want your readers to feel confident that the 'facts' you present are correct?

Look nevers you have your opinion and I have mine, many people will agree with each of us. Bit in my opinion whilst sammy hoskins is in our first 11 we will in my opinion be nowhere near a top half league 2 club.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2018, 21:57:02 pm »

Look nevers you have your opinion and I have mine, many people will agree with each of us. Bit in my opinion whilst sammy hoskins is in our first 11 we will in my opinion be nowhere near a top half league 2 club.

You merely avoid the question - every time Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

guest47

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2018, 22:40:47 pm »

If only the league position was down to one player. Your hatred of Hoskins seems personal rather than football related.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2018, 22:51:41 pm »

If only the league position was down to one player. Your hatred of Hoskins seems personal rather than football related.

Not at all, it's down to the quality of our squad. Sammy is imo a top end confrence / bottom end lg 2 player at best. The year we won the league we had Nicky Adams and Ricky Holmes in front  of him, both far superior players.

To push to the top end of the table we need this competition and quality all over the park, just sammy is the obvious example because he does imo lack quality (decision making / final third/ finishing ability / final ball).

I love sammy for the fact he always give 100% and will run his arse off, to progress as avteam you need more than that tho) again all imo
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2018, 22:53:45 pm »

You merely avoid the question - every time Roll Eyes

If you must know I've seen us on 4 occasion this year so far nevers (not sure quite what difference it makes) but to you this seems the be all and end all when making judgement!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2018, 23:12:13 pm »

Stat fans, Sam Hoskins figures for his 2 seasons with us in league 2 and all competitions excluding FA Cup

2015-2016 Total Games 38, Goals 7, Assists 2

2018-2019 Total Games 13, Goals 1, Assists 2

That’s what the figures I read say. Doesn’t seem to be any worse than in the title winning season? When you read the old reports from this season players have missed sitters from his crosses as well, including Williams at Port Vale?

Make of that what you will?
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2018, 01:36:23 am »

So, I have read absolute blither from folk who have clearly never seen beyond their beer-bellies.

So everyone with a different opinion has a beer belly?

Are you Donald Trump or something?

Is there really a need to discriminate against beer drinkers? I mean come on a beer drinker has just been appointed to the top, top, top position in the USA courts.

Lets be honest here, it's safe to say over the past year there ain't 1 player in the team who has performed above and beyond, they have been average at best, this is likely down to the managers though and i would expect them to improve under a manager who they like, last season on paper we had a very, very good squad on paper, would we have said it would get us relegated? not on your nelly.

Off for a latte.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2018, 10:01:12 am »

Not at all, it's down to the quality of our squad. Sammy is imo a top end confrence / bottom end lg 2 player at best. The year we won the league we had Nicky Adams and Ricky Holmes in front  of him, both far superior players.

To push to the top end of the table we need this competition and quality all over the park, just sammy is the obvious example because he does imo lack quality (decision making / final third/ finishing ability / final ball).

I love sammy for the fact he always give 100% and will run his arse off, to progress as avteam you need more than that tho) again all imo

You have a very anti Hoskins stance with some historical utterances made  to prove it. I don’t think you have any ‘love’ or respect for the player at all. When challenged you resort to defensive statements which are contrary to yr written views. You now claim admiration for Hoskins given his 100% effort but at the same time claim the player should not be near a Cobblers X1. As somebody says you have personal hatred for the player; which you exhibit at any given opportunity.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:28:56 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2018, 10:07:56 am »

If you must know I've seen us on 4 occasion this year so far nevers (not sure quite what difference it makes) but to you this seems the be all and end all when making judgement!

It certainly helps to give a fair assessment!
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2018, 11:24:14 am »

Im confused now, i cant make the home game Saturday, the early kick off works against me. But i can go away the week after.
Does this make me a bad supporter because im missing a home game, or a super fan because im making an away game ?
Does it mean ive got a small dick or a big dick ? Does it mean my Dad is bigger than everybody elses. or is he just a midget ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2018, 11:28:11 am »

Im confused now, i cant make the home game Saturday, the early kick off works against me. But i can go away the week after.
Does this make me a bad supporter because im missing a home game, or a super fan because im making an away game ?
Does it mean ive got a small dick or a big dick ? Does it mean my Dad is bigger than everybody elses. or is he just a midget ?

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: