The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:36:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Head Down Hoskins

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Head Down Hoskins  (Read 17633 times)
guest3245

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2018, 22:28:42 pm »

I think the new club owners will have a Million Pound player, once Curley-Cobblers has given him belief!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2018, 22:51:22 pm »

Didn’t have his best game today but was unlucky with a few of those offside decisions .
He and Williams seem to have very little understanding
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2018, 11:46:48 am »

All of this "does he, doesn't he" debate concerning Hoskins deserving a place in the team, it's a moot point. The simple fact is, a majority of our recent managers consider him worthy. Now, I'll admit that from where I'm standing (or more usually sitting), I'm sure it is the lad's pace and work rate which gets him picked - it certainly isn't his finishing, but our squad has been woefully pedestrian for a few seasons now. Hoskins has been one of the few grafters.
I like Sammy's attitude, and I'd love him to iron out the many flaws in his game. But I think January could prove quite telling for the lad, because unless he can suddenly learn to read the game better, and not panic when in sight of goal, I'm expecting his to be one of the places in jeopardy from new arrivals.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:48:34 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Robas

View Profile
100 Posts Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2018, 13:39:14 pm »

All of this "does he, doesn't he" debate concerning Hoskins deserving a place in the team, it's a moot point. The simple fact is, a majority of our recent managers consider him worthy. Now, I'll admit that from where I'm standing (or more usually sitting), I'm sure it is the lad's pace and work rate which gets him picked - it certainly isn't his finishing, but our squad has been woefully pedestrian for a few seasons now. Hoskins has been one of the few grafters.
I like Sammy's attitude, and I'd love him to iron out the many flaws in his game. But I think January could prove quite telling for the lad, because unless he can suddenly learn to read the game better, and not panic when in sight of goal, I'm expecting his to be one of the places in jeopardy from new arrivals.

I take your point.

Although this whole thread is titled "Head Down Hoskins", I'm not sure that is what he does when shooting at goal, as a number of attempts seem slightly mis-hit. Perhaps adopting a "just smash it at goal" approach, concentrating 100% on getting the right ball contact might produce better results.

He's still in my team though.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2018, 15:45:05 pm »

I think the new club owners will have a Million Pound player, once Curley-Cobblers has given him belief!
Piss poor attempt to get a bite from the IQ challenged on here Franky boy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2018, 16:00:26 pm »

I take your point.

Although this whole thread is titled "Head Down Hoskins", I'm not sure that is what he does when shooting at goal, as a number of attempts seem slightly mis-hit. Perhaps adopting a "just smash it at goal" approach, concentrating 100% on getting the right ball contact might produce better results.

He's still in my team though.

He is in the team because he has bugger all in the way of competition.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2018, 16:06:06 pm »

Thought he was poor. What annoys me the most is the stupid and unnecessary off-sides.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2018, 13:47:21 pm »

Back in the starting XI for this afternoon's game v Oldham.

Let's hope he nets on his return to the side, as Powell did on Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2018, 20:44:25 pm »

Back in the starting XI for this afternoon's game v Oldham.

Let's hope he nets on his return to the side, as Powell did on Tuesday.

Worked hard second half and laid on a sitter for Crooks. Have no idea why he dropped Powell, Waters and Williams. Was crying out for Williams to come on in the last 15 mins.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 22:19:13 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2018, 21:55:10 pm »

Worked hard second half and laid on a sitter for Crooks. Have no idea why he dropped Powell, Waters and Williams. Was crying out for Williams to come on in the last 15 mins.
Am I thinking of a different chance? but wasn’t the Crooks one a Powell cross that the defender put into Crooks path?
As for the players dropped, Waters didn’t start against Macclesfield? and for me VV has to start and he got a goal and assist to surely  justify this, who plays alongside him is arguable, but non of our other strikers have done anything to merit a place. Maybe harsh to drop Powell who scored in the previous game.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2018, 22:09:14 pm »

Am I thinking of a different chance? but wasn’t the Crooks one a Powell cross that the defender put into Crooks path?
As for the players dropped, Waters didn’t start against Macclesfield? and for me VV has to start and he got a goal and assist to surely  justify this, who plays alongside him is arguable, but non of our other strikers have done anything to merit a place. Maybe harsh to drop Powell who scored in the previous game.

Hoskins laid on a 1-on-1 chance for Crooks in a good counter attack in the early stages of the 2nd half, which Crooks lifted wide.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2018, 22:21:42 pm »

Hoskins laid on a 1-on-1 chance for Crooks in a good counter attack in the early stages of the 2nd half, which Crooks lifted wide.

You were obviously there Clarence😇
Report Spam   Logged

Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2018, 22:29:12 pm »

Apart from the chance Hoskins set up for Crooks, thought he offered little going forward, however defensively I thought he was excellent in the second half
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2018, 05:47:03 am »

He did his job in the second half. A good performance.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2018, 08:49:54 am »

Hoskins was poor again going forward offers little to no threat, defensively he runs and runs and runs.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2018, 09:20:20 am »

First half he was a passenger. Absolutely hopeless.

Second half really helped the defence and contributed to a solid team display.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2018, 09:25:27 am »

I am not a constant Hoskins knocker but he was terrible yesterday .
In the first half he lost the ball persistently and was no threat at all . His understanding with VV is zero .
Second half he scurried about okay but he is not the answer up front .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2018, 10:20:40 am »

Hoskins was poor again going forward offers little to no threat, defensively he runs and runs and runs.

Some of yr predictions used to be accurate; just recently you have been all over the place. You even got Macclesfield wrong! What’s the problem? Woman trouble? Brexit?
Report Spam   Logged

OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2018, 10:32:18 am »

Some of yr predictions used to be accurate; just recently you have been all over the place. You even got Macclesfield wrong! What’s the problem? Woman trouble? Brexit?

Stop picking fights with people you cretin.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2018, 10:36:32 am »

Stop picking fights with people you cretin.

Thks - you don’t pick fights with Manny boy! Very abusive comment; please offer an apology without delay!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: