The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:23:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Head Down Hoskins

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Head Down Hoskins  (Read 17611 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2018, 19:02:23 pm »

We're lucky to have him
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2018, 19:14:47 pm »

Can we cut with all this terminology that makes 'Super Sammy' appear better than he apparently is...
Assist = questionable pass that may or may not have lead to a goal or goal scoring opportunity!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2018, 21:12:51 pm »

How many assists does Hoskins have this season? (grown up adult games only, not the youth cup thing from the other night)
31 chances not 31 assists! He’d have more assists if we had finished the chances... surely not too difficult to understand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2018, 21:38:58 pm »

I more or less agree with this, which is why I expect a little more from certain players (ahem) when they regularly make

The gap between Championship and Premier League, for example, is massive. Discounting the game where they played each other, Cardiff and Fulham have registered 2 wins in 22 matches between them so far this season and they finished 2nd and 3rd in the Championship last season respectively, this gives some indication how tough it is to succeed at that level.

It's not all gloom and doom, Wolves are doing ok and none of the promoted teams from 16/17 were relegated. Only Middlesborough from the 15/16 promoted sides are not still in the Prem
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2018, 08:55:47 am »

I would say otherwise...

Lincoln 15 shots
Carlisle 14 shots
Wycombe 11 shots
Cambridge 20 shots
Morcambe 12 shots
Colchester 13 shots
Tranmere 17 shots
Cheltenham 8 shots
Port Vale 8 shots
Notts C 15 shots
Mansfield 3 shots
Bury 13 shots
Swindon 12 shots
Forest Green 12 shots
MK Dons 12 shots
Macclesfield 21 shots
Oldham 9 shots
Crewe 14 shots
Lincoln 10 shots

Excludes 3 games in the waste of time cup/vase/thingy.

The numbers don't add up on that 31 assist quote...

If the list above is accurate, that's 239 shots. If every shot has an assist, even if Hoskins had 31, a couple of others must have a similar if not greater number, given I doubt goalkeeper and centre backs assist much, that leaves 6 or 7 outfield positions to assist.

239 divided by 7 even, is 31 and a bit - and that's based on equal contributions which we know isn't reality.

I think that 31 assists quote is someones subjective analysis rather than anything factual
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2018, 10:18:10 am »

Hoskins is sh1t.......aaaaarrrrrararrrrararararar
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2018, 10:52:32 am »

Is anyone else sick of the continuous slagging off of Hoskins? Please change the record.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 18:26:52 pm by Cordwainer2 » Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2018, 10:59:59 am »

Cordwainer2 is sh1t........aaaaaarrrrhh!!!!      Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2018, 11:25:05 am »

If the list above is accurate, that's 239 shots. If every shot has an assist, even if Hoskins had 31, a couple of others must have a similar if not greater number, given I doubt goalkeeper and centre backs assist much, that leaves 6 or 7 outfield positions to assist.

239 divided by 7 even, is 31 and a bit - and that's based on equal contributions which we know isn't reality.

I think that 31 assists quote is someones subjective analysis rather than anything factual

The majority of shots do not have an attributable assist.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2018, 12:05:56 pm »

Is anyone else sick of the continuous sagging off of Hoskins? Please change the record.

Yes , Its why I don't listen to the opinion of about 80% of our fans. Most will just follow what they hear others saying and unfortunately our most negative fans are often the loudest.

It does work both ways though, Some players become untouchable alas Taylor last year but its mainly people picking a scape goat and it catching on M.Taylor, D'Ath , Grimes or Hoskins.

Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »

Is anyone else sick of the continuous sagging off of Hoskins? Please change the record.

Actually I have no problem agreeing with you - the endless repetitive comments on an average player where we have no obvious replacement! Still it gives some moaners a chance to have a say. To go out of your way to criticise a Cobblers player in such unfavourable terms is hardly the sign of genuine supporter. On those who offer seemingly malicious comments and call it an opinion should be challenged.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2018, 12:19:03 pm »

Yes , Its why I don't listen to the opinion of about 80% of our fans. Most will just follow what they hear others saying and unfortunately our most negative fans are often the loudest.

It does work both ways though, Some players become untouchable alas Taylor last year but its mainly people picking a scape goat and it catching on M.Taylor, D'Ath , Grimes or Hoskins.

Agree in principle with your sentiments, though don't agree with your example of Taylor being put forward.
Very much divided opinion on him - personally, loved the guy, superb opportunity everytime he had a freekick, though yes, legs had gone.

Sammo for me as a bang average player and rather poor manager seems to have gilded 'legend' status!
More latterly, Richards and to an extent JJOT fit the mould!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:20:39 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2018, 12:19:40 pm »

Can we cut with all this terminology that makes 'Super Sammy' appear better than he apparently is...
Assist = questionable pass that may or may not have lead to a goal or goal scoring opportunity!  Wink

I don't really agree on the definition here albeit tongue in cheek - the prem have a clear one and it's the following - "a deliberate pass that leads directly to a goal with no other player than the goal scorer touching the ball"

Having said that Hoskins contribution to true assists by that definition is not great from an opportunity to result ratio
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2018, 12:35:02 pm »

I don't really agree on the definition here albeit tongue in cheek - the prem have a clear one and it's the following - "a deliberate pass that leads directly to a goal with no other player than the goal scorer touching the ball"

Having said that Hoskins contribution to true assists by that definition is not great from an opportunity to result ratio

If said ‘assiter’made a pass which should have resulted in a goal. Then it’s somewhat churlish to deny that player of an assist.
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2018, 12:48:24 pm »

If said ‘assiter’made a pass which should have resulted in a goal. Then it’s somewhat churlish to deny that player of an assist.

Getting a bit too theoretical here - its an assist for a goal not an assist for a chance of a goal so no I don't think the definition is wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2018, 16:59:21 pm »

Getting a bit too theoretical here - its an assist for a goal not an assist for a chance of a goal so no I don't think the definition is wrong.

If an assister gives the assisted an opportunity to score, it seems unfair that the assister gets penalised for the assisted's failure to score.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2018, 18:17:50 pm »

31 chances not 31 assists! He’d have more assists if we had finished the chances... surely not too difficult to understand.
Thank you, but I can read. What I meant to ask and what I did ask was how many assists he had.
I'd also like to know what qualifies as a "chance". Like I said, does a crosss that goes out for a goal kick count? Does a shot from the edge of the box that hits somebody near the corner flag count?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2018, 19:02:05 pm »

If the list above is accurate, that's 239 shots.

The numbers are from the BBC stats. Who knows how accurate they are but it should give us an idea  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2018, 19:06:04 pm »

Is anyone else sick of the continuous slagging off of Hoskins? Please change the record.

This is what it sounds like backwards..... rarararararrrrararrrrraaaaa.......t1hs si sniksoH (ɥosʞıus ıs sɥ⇂ʇ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙ɐɐɐɐɐɹɹɹɹɹɐɹɐɹɹɹɹɐɹɐɹɐɹɐɹɐɹ for Melbourne Cob)

A cover of Who put the sham in the shamalamadigdong is on the B side.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 19:09:18 pm by Ron Obvious » Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2018, 19:13:04 pm »

If an assister gives the assisted an opportunity to score, it seems unfair that the assister gets penalised for the assisted's failure to score.

Cheesy love it
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: