The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:06:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Forest Green Rovers - 13 Oct 18

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers - 13 Oct 18  (Read 11190 times)
TownOwl

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2018, 20:49:19 pm »

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere, so here's a note to celebrate that Pierre scissor kick. What a goal from a centre back that nearly was. It may well have been goal bound until Billy Waters managed to clear it off the line!

I agreed with the post earlier in the thread about Waters not being great defensively, until I watched the highlights. He actually made some key interventions. Shame he couldn't bury a sitter and saved Pierre's worldy.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
guest3063

« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2018, 21:02:16 pm »

I was more or less in line. The 2 fans next to me also shared my view - as did KC.

So was I, the people near me mostly thought it was offside. Did you hear the reaction towards the officials at half time? KC didn't want to start blaming the officials particularly as we ended up winning the game. I seem to remember DA got into that way (blaming officials) this season and it didn't help his situation.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2018, 21:15:58 pm »

So was I, the people near me mostly thought it was offside. Did you hear the reaction towards the officials at half time? KC didn't want to start blaming the officials particularly as we ended up winning the game. I seem to remember DA got into that way (blaming officials) this season and it didn't help his situation.

You have to ask him row and seat number - if he says North Stand or West Stand from Dug out to South End of West; then give up as he must have extra terrestial vision. East Stand ok , where the youngsters are Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest47

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2018, 21:20:03 pm »

So the answer is you can't be sure!

Given that I’m sure he couldn’t run 5 yards in half a second he must have been offside when the pass was made.
Do you think he was off side?
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2018, 21:41:43 pm »

Hurrah - Clarence is back Cool

I couldn't keep myself away after yesterday's result!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2018, 21:50:34 pm »

Given that I’m sure he couldn’t run 5 yards in half a second he must have been offside when the pass was made.
Do you think he was off side?

I think he prob was, but it's inconclusive to say for sure from whee I was and from the replays I have seen.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2018, 21:55:36 pm »

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere, so here's a note to celebrate that Pierre scissor kick. What a goal from a centre back that nearly was. It may well have been goal bound until Billy Waters managed to clear it off the line!

I agreed with the post earlier in the thread about Waters not being great defensively, until I watched the highlights. He actually made some key interventions. Shame he couldn't bury a sitter and saved Pierre's worldy.

That was a weird one. It sounded like the whistle had gone and most of the players (including possibly Waters) weren't sure if play was meant to be going on or whether the free-kick was going to be bought back. (edit: In fact you can tell on the highlights that the ref blew his whistle after Buchanan played the ball and this caused some confusion, a terrible piece of refereeing for sure.) Waters still could have done better though as it was ultimately a decent opening, but I certainly wouldn't describe the chance as a 'sitter' by any means.

Edit: To Waters' credit I recall him showing good composure and making space for a shot for himself on a couple of occasions, one which worked the keeper and one which took a deflection and looped past the goal out for a corner, neither of which are on the extended highlights. I've got a feeling he's got goals in him for us this season.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 22:22:17 pm by ClarenceInDefence » Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2018, 22:32:55 pm »

I think he prob was, but it's inconclusive to say for sure from whee I was and from the replays I have seen.

We were sat in the East stand during the first and from behind the play at least he looked to be in an obvious offside position. The highlights don't clear this up, but if you look where Reid is standing when the ball is headed up field 2-3 seconds before the pass for the goal he is level with Facey and appears to be stationery. It's not like he made a run from deep on to the through ball by which his momentum could have opened up the large gap between him and the defenders as the ball came back over the top. IMO it was a very questionable decision.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2018, 06:50:39 am »

We were sat in the East stand during the first and from behind the play at least he looked to be in an obvious offside position. The highlights don't clear this up, but if you look where Reid is standing when the ball is headed up field 2-3 seconds before the pass for the goal he is level with Facey and appears to be stationery. It's not like he made a run from deep on to the through ball by which his momentum could have opened up the large gap between him and the defenders as the ball came back over the top. IMO it was a very questionable decision.

facey played him onside - he admitted so after the game
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2018, 06:59:27 am »

If Facey has admitted playing Reid onside, will the West Stand amateur officials admit they are wrong too.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2995

« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2018, 07:25:37 am »

That was a weird one. It sounded like the whistle had gone and most of the players (including possibly Waters) weren't sure if play was meant to be going on or whether the free-kick was going to be bought back. (edit: In fact you can tell on the highlights that the ref blew his whistle after Buchanan played the ball and this caused some confusion, a terrible piece of refereeing for sure.) Waters still could have done better though as it was ultimately a decent opening, but I certainly wouldn't describe the chance as a 'sitter' by any means.

Edit: To Waters' credit I recall him showing good composure and making space for a shot for himself on a couple of occasions, one which worked the keeper and one which took a deflection and looped past the goal out for a corner, neither of which are on the extended highlights. I've got a feeling he's got goals in him for us this season.

He was definitely onside and it was poor defending all the way from the header that went straight to their player to the goalkeeper that made a hash of it by coming out too far
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2018, 08:03:20 am »

If Facey has admitted playing Reid onside, will the West Stand amateur officials admit they are wrong too.

If Facey did admit that he played him on then fair enough I was wrong. However, from the amount of boos at half time it's fair to say the vast majority felt the same as me and others on here.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2018, 08:34:54 am »

If Facey did admit that he played him on then fair enough I was wrong. However, from the amount of boos at half time it's fair to say the vast majority felt the same as me and others on here.

As always, there was only one person in the best position to make the decision, he did and was correct.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10808860/referee-myth-busting-how-many-decisions-do-officials-get-right

Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2018, 09:00:36 am »

With due respect, Facey can't know if he played Reid onside or not but only suspect this, unless he has two sets of eyes of course.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:00 am »

As always, there was only one person in the best position to make the decision, he did and was correct.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10808860/referee-myth-busting-how-many-decisions-do-officials-get-right

Without a replay showing the incident in full we can't confirm this either way. Good job in the end it didn't matter!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2018, 09:19:21 am »

‘If’  - what on an ‘if’.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2018, 09:42:48 am »

What concerns me after watching the short highlights from Saturday is the amount of shots from the opposition where the player hasn't been closed down to prevent the efforts.
This has been a Cobblers problem for at least a season now and doesn't appear to have been addressed by any of the managerial incumbents.
If the opposition can't shoot, they can't score.
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2018, 09:55:05 am »

Just because fans booed the Ref and Linesman at halftime it doesnt mean they are correct. When im at a game it pisses me off all these so called experts who always get it right, but, havent got enough balls themselves to ever Ref or run the line. To many times fans see a player receive the ball and complain he is offside, either they dont understand the offside rule, or they dont see where the receiving player was when the ball was played.
 I will go with what Facey says, him and the linesman had the best views.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3063

« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2018, 10:33:52 am »

Just because fans booed the Ref and Linesman at halftime it doesnt mean they are correct. When im at a game it pisses me off all these so called experts who always get it right, but, havent got enough balls themselves to ever Ref or run the line. To many times fans see a player receive the ball and complain he is offside, either they dont understand the offside rule, or they dont see where the receiving player was when the ball was played.
 I will go with what Facey says, him and the linesman had the best views.

I know it's not the best standard but I have run the line and refereed a couple of games at Sunday morning level after my playing days were over. I know what a hard job it is don't worry about that but the inconsistency of decisions really frustrate me at times.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2018, 10:36:31 am »

I know it's not the best standard but I have run the line and refereed a couple of games at Sunday morning level after my playing days were over. I know what a hard job it is don't worry about that but the inconsistency of decisions really frustrate me at times.

Which one was inconsistent, the AR got this one right didn't he?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: