The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:47:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Franchise

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Franchise  (Read 9069 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2018, 21:53:00 pm »

I beg to differ......Waters was ok first half, in fact some said at half time that "our number 20 looked dangerous".........as for Hoskins.....didn't even realise he was on the pitch at times. He was out wide...he was then in the middle.....where was he meant to be playing?

Still, its all about opinions Evers!!

It certainly is - at least you gave an coherent opinion of the game although I didn’t agree with some of it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 21:56:45 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2018, 22:14:31 pm »

Having seen the goal on tv Agard is just marginally offside. We never get the rub of the green at MK and often have terrible officials. Today was no different.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2018, 22:21:03 pm »

Just had a look at their forum....many of their fans saying it was the best they had played for ages and going on about the good exciting football they played!!

Wow, if that is what they are served up week in week out then it’s no wonder they have to give the tickets away!  Wink

League 2 is totally crap!!

Agree with them on the ref though...I don’t think he did too bad! A few bizarre decisions, but they went both ways. Didn’t book anyone for ages then a flurry of cards, but surprisingly didn’t pull one out for the late melee involving Cornell in their box.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3114

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2018, 22:32:40 pm »

A slightly different twist on the day for me....hospitality in Club Platinum. Fantastic meal and facilities, sat on the next table to KT and other directors, Winkleman on another table opposite.
Seats in the Directors box for the game, programme, teamsheet etc. Very impressed with what they can do there.
Compare it to what we can offer at the PTS Stadium.......

But heres the thing......they are in League 2 and so are we!!

From my vantage point, dead centre of the ground, I have to say that the Cobblers fans were louder than the "MK Army"......not that they had much to cheer about. Can't beleive there were over 9000 there.....the downside to having a fantastic ground is that if you an't get it anywhere near full there is very little atmosphere.

Guess there had been a fight of some kind after the game? Couple of people handcuffed and another being treated by paramedics. A fair few Cobblers in TGI's post match.

There was an ex-Tory MP at the game and I overhead him and KT speaking before the game.....said MP seemed to be promoting a local outfit to take over the running of the club, and I heard him say that "funds and expertise were in place to finish off that stand properly" Make of that what you will!
Not entirely convinced (Im taking a wild guess) Binleys credentials are convincing enough to make that judgment call? Particularly in light of the fact there may be some sort of agenda influencing the rhetoric? Let’s not forget another ex Tory MPs (at best) apparent judgemental proficiency in the sphere of financial credit evaluation and management?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2018, 22:57:34 pm »

The Mayor of Northampton was also being entertained by the Mayor of Milton Keynes!
Did the Mayor of MK, offer him a boiled burger?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2018, 23:21:16 pm »

Did the Mayor of MK, offer him a boiled burger?

Haha.....with extra soggy onions!
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2018, 23:51:38 pm »

We were comprehensively outplayed for about 80% of that game. A single goal defeat was hugely flattering.

Long, long way to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2018, 02:07:52 am »

We were comprehensively outplayed for about 80% of that game. A single goal defeat was hugely flattering.

Long, long way to go.

It really was an awful performance and I include the management team in that. Very worrying, if we stay up this year we'll be lucky.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2018, 05:43:41 am »

THREE centre halves missing, our BEST midfielder missing, our PACIEST forward missing and potentially our best future player on the bench coming back from injury! It shows our limitations.

For the future I would go with;

Cornell

Odoffin, Facey, Turnbull, Pierre, Buchanan (Bunney 1/1/19)

McWilliams Foley

Crooks

Van Veen Williams (Morias Nov?)

Somehow we have to create chances.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2018, 07:10:26 am »

Binley is probably only interested so he can stick his ludicrous incinerator on the athletics track...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Mr Jellyby

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2018, 07:30:30 am »

Grin Grin

I love that they was all in there quaffing wine , napkins tucked into shirts loudly discussing the East Stand  . Ex Conservative MPs and everything

Fantastic
Report Spam   Logged
ntfcgavin

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2018, 08:20:27 am »

A slightly different twist on the day for me....hospitality in Club Platinum. Fantastic meal and facilities, sat on the next table to KT and other directors, Winkleman on another table opposite.
Seats in the Directors box for the game, programme, teamsheet etc. Very impressed with what they can do there.
Compare it to what we can offer at the PTS Stadium.......

But heres the thing......they are in League 2 and so are we!!

From my vantage point, dead centre of the ground, I have to say that the Cobblers fans were louder than the "MK Army"......not that they had much to cheer about. Can't beleive there were over 9000 there.....the downside to having a fantastic ground is that if you an't get it anywhere near full there is very little atmosphere.

Guess there had been a fight of some kind after the game? Couple of people handcuffed and another being treated by paramedics. A fair few Cobblers in TGI's post match.

There was an ex-Tory MP at the game and I overhead him and KT speaking before the game.....said MP seemed to be promoting a local outfit to take over the running of the club, and I heard him say that "funds and expertise were in place to finish off that stand properly" Make of that what you will!

You must have been on the table next to me GP!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2018, 10:49:27 am »

It’s a pity that the more competent match(by fans)write ups, seemed to have gone awol! However GPC , CJ and tcobb put in enjoyable efforts. For instance FWalden, Fred and Deepo all used to put in hugely readable efforts. Anyway back to the game itself; at best a mixed performance with the defence as a unit did ok. Thought that Dolphin on the whole played ok  . How one or two could criticise his overall performance yesterday is a mystery as it is at odds with some fans actually there. Pierre, Turnbull and Cornell were the the main reason for keeping the score down! The wing backs were disappointing to put it mildly with Buchs floundering and rightly subbed. The midfield gave an overall mediocre performance with JJOT exemplifying the lack lustre effort. Only Foley showed consistently but he does lack a bit of class; he is a ball winner and industrious worker! With the midfield not in the game our front three of Hoskins, vV and Williams looked marooned with Williams particularly disappointing. vV was well marked and closely watched and only showed occasionally. This left us with Hoskins who was the only one to offer a threat and to say he was awful was crude opinion as he wasn’t awful. This leads me to those who fly off the handle after a disappointing result with overstated prejudicial opinions on a certain player(s); they then bask in the afterglow of their ‘opinion’ with a cynical defensive attitude! Opinion is fine but ignorant biased comment is not.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:32:52 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:25 am »

You must have been on the table next to me GP!

Were you on the table of four who got the waiter to take a picture of you with Kelvin when he came in?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2018, 12:05:30 pm »

Thought we were second best by a distance and the scoreline was very flattering. 4 or 5 nil wouldn't have been harsh. They were better in every department and I'd be surprised if they don't win the division. They've strengthened very well over the summer since relegation.
Also thought our support was pathetic sadly. So often is the case with a large following. Very hard to make any noise and was shocked at how many were sat down.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3063

« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2018, 12:16:31 pm »

Thought we were second best by a distance and the scoreline was very flattering. 4 or 5 nil wouldn't have been harsh. They were better in every department and I'd be surprised if they don't win the division. They've strengthened very well over the summer since relegation.
Also thought our support was pathetic sadly. So often is the case with a large following. Very hard to make any noise and was shocked at how many were sat down.

Er.... isn't that what seats are for? That's what annoys me about going away from home and why I rarely go now (plus working till 1-1.30 on a saturday most weeks doesn't help). If a seat is there people are allowed to use it, if they so wish.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2018, 12:41:39 pm »

I liked the 'boots' thunderclap. Pity more didn't join in.
First time I've heard it.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2018, 12:49:45 pm »

Er.... isn't that what seats are for? That's what annoys me about going away from home and why I rarely go now (plus working till 1-1.30 on a saturday most weeks doesn't help). If a seat is there people are allowed to use it, if they so wish.

Aren't fans supposed to support the team? Didn't happen yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2018, 13:19:54 pm »

Thought it was a very poor performance from us yesterday albeit against a decent side.  I know which style of football I would rather watch out of Curle and Tisdale.  Could have easily been 3 of 4 and couldn't have complained.

Positive side I thought the back 3 were excellent.  Showing the kind of commitment that was missing at the start of the season.  Pierre and ODoffin put their bodies in the line time and time again.  Also thought Turnbull was excellent.  Shaky first five minutes for Dolphin but Curle got it spot on by switching him with Turnbull.  Dolphin is very inexperienced but there is something there with the right coaching.

Also positive mention for Cornell.  Some very good saves and a lot of his kicking is excellent.  Far bigger problems to solve than him.

Offensively we were awful.  The wing backs are ineffective until Buchs went off.  Waters puts in a shift but no attacking threat at all.  Felt a bit sorry for the midfield and strike force as there are some decent players in there.  Some worrying signs for me re our tactics.  We've seen so far Curle gets the ball forward quick then pick up second balls.  Yesterday we just aimlessly hoofed it downfield simply giving it back to a very good footballing side.  Our players were knackered as we just spent so much time chasing the ball.  It was only in the last ten mins when we actually started playing and it nearly paid off.

Powell was a joke.  I never fancied him to score when clean through and of course he didn't.  Should have scored.

Atmosphere was subdued considering the crowd size but in fairness they never gave us much to get behind.

All in all a bad day at the office and a scoreline that flattered us.  Hopefully the lack of footballing quality on display was more down to the players available for Curle to select rather than tactics.  I'm sure Curle will get us up the table but it ain't going to be pretty.

Final mention for the ref.  How anyone could think he did alright is beyond me.  Missed loads of decisions but gave other soft fouls.  Sorry but no way can a side go 35 mins without getting a free kick and something not be wrong.  He made lots of basic mistakes but easily the worst was the ODoffin booking.  You can't let a quick free kick be taken miles away from the correct place while he is still showing our defender a yellow card.  Ridiculous.  There were others I could mention but ultimately as poor as he was he luckily had nothing to do with the result.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 13:23:38 pm by MCHammer » Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2018, 14:49:29 pm »

Aren't fans supposed to support the team? Didn't happen yesterday.

Please explain where I said fans aren't supposed to support their team? Talk about putting words in someone's mouth. I said if you wish to use the seat provided and sit you should be allowed to do so. You suggested otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: