The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:06:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Macclesfield Away

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macclesfield Away  (Read 10794 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 20:58:00 pm »

Funny that; was wondering if you actually witnessed Powell's miss. Normally you are a reliable guide to onfield events! Without any wish to prolong an irrelevant point I am still of the opinion that it was a bad miss by Powell.  Its a view shared by quite a few there.

That's why we were awarded a corner?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2018, 21:14:35 pm »

Only if you catch a DOO train...

Very droll!! Still a good few years off that!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 21:48:09 pm »

That's why we were awarded a corner?

So what! Am no longer sure what your issue or point is. To me it is relatively simple - Powell had a good chance to score. He could/should have placed it (well) clear of the goal keeper but shot too near him who then made a decent if routine save. I do admit was well to the left of the goal so not ideally placed. However I would expect a player especially a forward to score in that situation. Its what he is paid to do.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 21:50:20 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2018, 22:07:03 pm »

So what! Am no longer sure what your issue or point is. To me it is relatively simple - Powell had a good chance to score. He could/should have placed it (well) clear of the goal keeper but shot too near him who then made a decent if routine save. I do admit was well to the left of the goal so not ideally placed. However I would expect a player especially a forward to score in that situation. Its what he is paid to do.

Yes, it's what he is paid to do, however he didn't do much wrong.  Give the keeper some credit, it was a good save.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 22:08:38 pm »

This is the difference between top players and lower league players. A top player will place the ball better, maybe even dink it over the keeper, but we have had plenty of one on ones this season where the forward has shot straight at the keeper.
Watching the game on Saturday you could see defenders heading the ball out of defence just for the sake of it....no thought to where it would end up. Other players running with the ball and down a blind alley when an obvious square ball was on. Throw ins the same all the time, down the line hoping for a flick on, even our corners have now turned into short corners almost every time.
That's the difference......no variety, no thought, no composure, the difference between good and average players.

Perhaps we expect too much now seeing as we are fed on a diet of Champions League, Premier League, La Liga and International Football.... maybe we lose sight of the fact NTFC are in the fourth tier of English football and expect stuff that, quite frankly our players are unable to deliver.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2018, 22:31:10 pm »

... maybe we lose sight of the fact NTFC are in the fourth tier of English football and expect stuff that, quite frankly our players are unable to deliver.

They can on their day - vV did it against FGR ! They are professional footballers and are coached to 'do better in the skills of the game'. 
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2018, 22:33:33 pm »

Yes, it's what he is paid to do, however he didn't do much wrong.  Give the keeper some credit, it was a good save.

Amen
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2018, 22:34:30 pm »

Amen

?
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2018, 22:55:51 pm »

Very droll!! Still a good few years off that!
Not down my way. And I dont care who shuts the door.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3245

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2018, 23:24:21 pm »

Is this thread about the trip to Bletchley?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2018, 04:26:46 am »

Powell must be the 7th or 8th one on one with the keeper we have missed this season. No sign of dropping a shoulder to commit the keeper, just a panic shooting asap. What is training for?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2018, 06:33:58 am »

Powell must be the 7th or 8th one on one with the keeper we have missed this season. No sign of dropping a shoulder to commit the keeper, just a panic shooting asap. What is training for?
This is exactly the point .
How many times have Hoskins , Crooks , Powell and Williams missed simple chances this season .
Also , how many corners have we scored from compared to last season ?
What I would like to know is how often do players stay behind in training to practice these things ?
These players all have good reputations but very few of the team are playing to that standard . How hard are they really working ?
It’s the question KT asked them when Austin was sacked in the dressing room . Not sure it’s sunk in .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2018, 07:51:25 am »

Composure is a big thing in football, you can't really coach it, you either have it or you don't. The players Boot & Shoe mention (except Williams) who have missed the one on one chances, clearly don't have any. They probably knock them in all the time in training but in a game situation the pressure gets to them and so does the composure in front of goal.

Just to back this up, when we had a penalty shoot out earlier in the season I think Hoskins was the only one that had the courage to take one, and he missed. Crooks didn't even take one when it went to sudden death, which is odd when he's such a classy midfield player. Like I say, no composure and all the practice in the world won't necessarily help.
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2018, 09:09:58 am »

Why Athena?  Well I like the idea from Everbrite that its a name for a 'poster' - very good, but truth is a bit more mundane. Despite falling out with my father who wanted me to be an accountant (?), I went to university and studied classics, majoring on Greek Mythology and just became fascinated with Athena and wrote my dissertation on her and her place in early Greek society (not that Im Greek I add).  She is the goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Warfare all of which seem to me to be good qualities. Thanks for asking, I can now tell my father that I was right all along and that my studies would be of some use some day - accountant indeed!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2018, 09:30:00 am »

Why Athena?  Well I like the idea from Everbrite that its a name for a 'poster' - very good, but truth is a bit more mundane. Despite falling out with my father who wanted me to be an accountant (?), I went to university and studied classics, majoring on Greek Mythology and just became fascinated with Athena and wrote my dissertation on her and her place in early Greek society (not that Im Greek I add).  She is the goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Warfare all of which seem to me to be good qualities. Thanks for asking, I can now tell my father that I was right all along and that my studies would be of some use some day - accountant indeed!
More difficult would be explaining why Everbrite calls himself Everbrite!  Wink

As an aside, name change for me to Sharapova. Obsessed, simply obsessed!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:32:06 am by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2018, 10:08:19 am »

Surprisingly few one on ones are scored, I think it's around 1 in 5 or so.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2018, 10:13:23 am »

More difficult would be explaining why Everbrite calls himself Everbrite!  Wink

As an aside, name change for me to Sharapova. Obsessed, simply obsessed!  Grin

Loser😈
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2018, 10:23:03 am »

Surprisingly few one on ones are scored, I think it's around 1 in 5 or so.
So why try them then?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2018, 15:40:50 pm »

GOOD LUCK FOR THIS ONE COBBLERS, LETS GET SOMETHING FROM THIS ONE.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2018, 17:37:05 pm »

Hope the long coach journey doesn’t tire the poor lambs like the trip to Morecombe!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: