The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:59:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Crewed.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crewed.  (Read 7443 times)
guest170

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2018, 07:53:33 am »

I'm struggling to see where the fouls was in the build up to the first goal and as for they were side looking like scoring before our second, he needs to clean his glasses.

Agreed, i didnt see anything at the time and didnt looking at the highlights. There is contact and a small amount of holding but nothing worthy of a free kick and certainly nothing that would result in the tantrum he had during and after the game.

Did they show the incident with KVV at the end on the extended highlights? KVV and Ng were having a bit of a tussle and the ref was watching, KVV did move towards him but I didnt see it as a foul and again not on the level the dive (got up quick when the red card didnt come out) and tantrum from Artell
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2018, 08:49:37 am »

An efficient performance, and a very comfortable win.

If Crewe had actually tried to attack us...like they did the moment the 2nd goal went in...the game could have been very different. I thank them for that!

Add a winger to the team in January and a return to league1 could be a possibility. If of course we get to January a maximum of 5 points away from being in the mix.

Concrete Dolphin had another very good game; Im really starting to like him.
The one thing we do need is a left sided wide player .
Whether that’s a wing back or midfield / forward player is debatable but we seriously lack pace on the left .
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2018, 10:12:13 am »

The one thing we do need is a left sided wide player .
Whether that’s a wing back or midfield / forward player is debatable but we seriously lack pace on the left .

The squad really needs some left footed options.

With DB out of contract at the end of the season it wouldn't surprise me to see KC strengthen at left back during January.

And a left footed winger would be a decent addition as well
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2018, 10:32:55 am »

Don't we need a right-sided wide player?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2018, 11:32:13 am »

Don't we need a right-sided wide player?

No, we have enough players and have a great youth team to back them up.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
defender

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2018, 12:22:04 pm »

I  think we will get a point from this one. COME ON COBBLERS!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2018, 12:23:08 pm »

I  think we will get a point from this one. COME ON COBBLERS!

Reckon we will probably get 3 myself.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2018, 16:34:42 pm »

Reckon we will probably get 3 myself.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2018, 08:19:43 am »

I think the most important question from Saturday is: did Gollum finally overstep the mark (but not the touchline) on Saturday when he was thrown out?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2018, 10:50:47 am »

I think the most important question from Saturday is: did Gollum finally overstep the mark (but not the touchline) on Saturday when he was thrown out?

Which one? We have at least 500 Gollums among us. Having said that I am sure we have a quite few orks and even the odd Wizard.
Report Spam   Logged

Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2018, 11:20:24 am »

Which one? We have at least 500 Gollums among us. Having said that I am sure we have a quite few orks and even the odd Wizard.

The really Angry chav. From such times as relentlessly getting angry and kicked out. My favourite one was at Leeds when we got relegated. He lasted about 5 minutes.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2018, 11:37:57 am »

Also known as kick the boards. He was kicked out which was another highlight  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2018, 11:47:25 am »

Also known as kick the boards. He was kicked out which was another highlight  Grin

Ahh that one. Seen him kicked out,.. well actually carried out like a short plank on more than one occasion.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2018, 12:33:31 pm »

I think he wanted to get kicked out. Im basing that assumption on the fact that he had an unlit fag in his mouth. The equivalent of signalling to the bench to say 'Im coming off boss'.

My favourite nutcase is the guy with the dark straggly hair, about 5ft 8...Id guess late 40's. He was given a red card for celebrating on the pitch when we scored againt Oldham. He spent the first half on Saturday on the back row, a couple of seats away from me, and was extremely quiet. Id actually got my mate and my 8 year old to swap seats (me in the middle) to 'protect' Cory from his industrial language, and thats saying something coming from me!  Grin Grin

Anyway, at half time he returned to his usual position in his 'technical area', front row behind the goal...and was on hand to protest against the chucking out of the bloke who ran on the pitch. He's harmless, even if he doesn't sound or behaves like he is. When the games boring he provides some alternative entertainment!   Grin

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2018, 12:39:42 pm »

Agreed, i didnt see anything at the time and didnt looking at the highlights. There is contact and a small amount of holding but nothing worthy of a free kick and certainly nothing that would result in the tantrum he had during and after the game.

I guess we all see things differently but for me there was enough pulling contact to make him misdirect his control giving us the breakthrough -  so a foul for me, but having said that I don't know what the issue with the 4th official was as my understanding is they have no power on a retrospective decision if the ref hasn't given it.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2018, 18:54:48 pm »

I think he wanted to get kicked out. Im basing that assumption on the fact that he had an unlit fag in his mouth. The equivalent of signalling to the bench to say 'Im coming off boss'.

My favourite nutcase is the guy with the dark straggly hair, about 5ft 8...Id guess late 40's. He was given a red card for celebrating on the pitch when we scored againt Oldham. He spent the first half on Saturday on the back row, a couple of seats away from me, and was extremely quiet. Id actually got my mate and my 8 year old to swap seats (me in the middle) to 'protect' Cory from his industrial language, and thats saying something coming from me!  Grin Grin

Anyway, at half time he returned to his usual position in his 'technical area', front row behind the goal...and was on hand to protest against the chucking out of the bloke who ran on the pitch. He's harmless, even if he doesn't sound or behaves like he is. When the games boring he provides some alternative entertainment!   Grin

He's a plank. The one that chucked the ball back to Cornell despite Cornell telling him to slow it down a bit? They scored about 30s later so that worked. He was telling anybody that would listen out the back at half time "I don't want to slow it down, it's the 39th minute and we're drawing" Hmm. I'd rather listen to the pro than you
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest170

« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2018, 12:49:37 pm »

I guess we all see things differently but for me there was enough pulling contact to make him misdirect his control giving us the breakthrough -  so a foul for me, but having said that I don't know what the issue with the 4th official was as my understanding is they have no power on a retrospective decision if the ref hasn't given it.
I think you're being very kind to their player! I just think it was a shlt ball!! Im sure he was at fault for the second as well being caught in possession.
I can see how a foul could have been given but would have been very weak. I agree with you on the 4th official though, I thought they held the board up and made sure the mangers and subs etc behaved themselves.

Seems we're wrong though... "He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all points connected with play." I've never seen it where the get involved with incidents such as the Crewe game though and more if there was serious foul play off the ball, mass brawls etc
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2018, 21:55:18 pm »

I think you're being very kind to their player! I just think it was a shlt ball!! Im sure he was at fault for the second as well being caught in possession.
I can see how a foul could have been given but would have been very weak. I agree with you on the 4th official though, I thought they held the board up and made sure the mangers and subs etc behaved themselves.

Seems we're wrong though... "He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all points connected with play." I've never seen it where the get involved with incidents such as the Crewe game though and more if there was serious foul play off the ball, mass brawls etc
I'm sure Phil Crossley had a lengthy consultation with the 4th official and linesman in making that awful decision to penalise Eric Sabin rather than send off the Mansfield player in the infamous play-off game.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2018, 11:41:54 am »

I'm sure Phil Crossley had a lengthy consultation with the 4th official and linesman in making that awful decision to penalise Eric Sabin rather than send off the Mansfield player in the infamous play-off game.
I'd love to ask Curle now whether he remembers Crossley's performance that night as the Mansfield manager. And how much he paid him Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2018, 15:53:37 pm »

Three pages so far on a match thread, just shows how people prefer to moan than praise. Well done on gaining three points on a game low in quality
yes but what a great 3 pages they were..
Home game usually have less people on here.
Plus people are watching the game on ifollow
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: