The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:12:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Karl Henry?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karl Henry?  (Read 9915 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 20:42:50 pm »

I wonder wether Matt Crooks has a long term injury?

Henry is a defensive midfielder while crooks is attacking - besides curle has said today that crooks could be fit for Saturday (having said that I reckon curle likes some mind games and he could be bluffing I suppose). I think crooks is our most important player and it is critical that he stays fit and available for as long as possible.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 20:46:45 pm »

As a matter of interest can said Player sign for us now and be available for selection; are players without a Club still subject FA rules and have to wait until Jan '19?

He can sign now and play. He's been a free agent since June 2018.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 21:01:36 pm »

Thanks Norm
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 21:12:11 pm »

Thanks 'Norm' Wink  - lets hope he signs now! Then hold Wolvo to account on his hero Wink Wink Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 21:17:23 pm »

Thanks Norm

Yes, you tell him Leonard  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 21:29:26 pm »

I cant see the problem, in signing him on on a short term contract, until the end of the season.
He may well be an asset, Ian Taylor turned out to be very useful.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3114

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 22:11:44 pm »

I cant see the problem, in signing him on on a short term contract, until the end of the season.
He may well be an asset, Ian Taylor turned out to be very useful.
Very useful??? Best signing we’ve ever made Kid and I’ll fight anyone who doesn’t agree. As long as they are under 4 foot 8” that is. Otherwise carry on, as I will worshiping Mr Taylor.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 22:27:35 pm »

Very useful??? Best signing we’ve ever made Kid and I’ll fight anyone who doesn’t agree. As long as they are under 4 foot 8” that is. Otherwise carry on, as I will worshiping Mr Taylor.

If we do sign him and he turns out to be even half as good as Ian was we will stand a great chance of making the playoffs or better.

I'm 4 foot 7" and could take you any time Derek! Picking up your teeth with a broken arm!
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 22:33:16 pm »

If we do sign him and he turns out to be even half as good as Ian was we will stand a great chance of making the playoffs or better.

I'm 4 foot 7" and could take you any time Derek! Picking up your teeth with a broken arm!
Perhaps I was being overly optimistic with the maximum height restriction. That’s what a few wins does to your confidence levels?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 22:37:00 pm »

I appreciate your input. Superb player. So who you gonna scrap with down under?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3114

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 22:42:37 pm »

I appreciate your input. Superb player. So who you gonna scrap with down under?
They don’t care about football down here kid, hence my constant visits to this forum. That and they’re all too hard through scrapping with the wildlife, even the dwarfs. I should add that I only came out with the comment cause I am on the other side of the world, the height restriction was only for “insurance” purposes.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 22:55:20 pm »

They don’t care about football down here kid, hence my constant visits to this forum. That and they’re all too hard through scrapping with the wildlife, even the dwarfs. I should add that I only came out with the comment cause I am on the other side of the world, the height restriction was only for “insurance” purposes.
I dont give a fcuk about non PC comments. So, tell me more about the Aussie dwarfs.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3114

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 01:48:36 am »

I dont give a fcuk about non PC comments. So, tell me more about the Aussie dwarfs.  Grin
Well said kid, I should point out that my comments referred purely to the mythical entity and bore no relevance to any midgets either living or dead.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 10:53:14 am »

Well said kid, I should point out that my comments referred purely to the mythical entity and bore no relevance to any midgets either living or dead.

You enjoy a good back-scuttle don't you Derek?
Report Spam   Logged

Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 10:56:37 am »

I would be happy with him if he signs.

I guess KC thinks a bit more steel in central midfield is required to advance further up the table.

I think Foley is a neat and tidy player but he is no enforcer or major creator. JJOT doesn't seem to be the same player as 2 years ago. McWilliams is still young and not really kicked on in centre midfield position despite the promise. All of these players would benefit playing alongside someone like Henry.
Report Spam   Logged
Humanpunk

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 11:23:37 am »

Would be a superb signing for the dressing room as much as on the pitch. I think the comparison with Taylor is good, he's a tough leader who loves the game and is someone who understands football from the pitch to the terraces much like Wilder
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2018, 12:43:19 pm »

If this signing was being made a few days after Kieth joined, and before his 2nd game in charge...then Id have been totally 100% all for it. At the moment, Im not so sure. Only because we are on bloody good form and he doesn't tick the obvious 'winger box' that we need to tick.

That said, whose to question Kieth? 4 wins, 2 draws and just 1 defeat in 7 games...over a season thats 92 points. See how it plays out if he does come in.

Maybe the players will be asked to turn to page2 of Kieth's book if he joins. And the defenders will be told to play short passes to him instead of hoofing it up to the pitch!
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2018, 12:56:40 pm »

I before E except after C isn't really a rule.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2018, 13:53:31 pm »

I before E except after C isn't really a rule.  Grin
As proved by science..
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2018, 14:02:32 pm »

If this signing was being made a few days after Kieth joined, and before his 2nd game in charge...then Id have been totally 100% all for it. At the moment, Im not so sure. Only because we are on bloody good form and he doesn't tick the obvious 'winger box' that we need to tick.

That said, whose to question Kieth? 4 wins, 2 draws and just 1 defeat in 7 games...over a season thats 92 points. See how it plays out if he does come in.

Maybe the players will be asked to turn to page2 of Kieth's book if he joins. And the defenders will be told to play short passes to him instead of hoofing it up to the pitch!

It's been blinding obvious to most that ontop of a winger or two we desperately need a midfield dynamo, general enforcer type and tgat is precisely what Henry will provide alongside added quality
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: