The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:31:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lincoln City (A) 10/11 (FA Cup R1)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lincoln City (A) 10/11 (FA Cup R1)  (Read 8282 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2018, 19:31:06 pm »

Maybe a tough tackling ball winner in midfield Drilling?

Like Karl Henry?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2018, 19:31:45 pm »

Maybe a tough tackling ball winner in midfield Drilling?

Would be the 3rd player Id sign.

We need width. Even if that isn't KC's Plan A, having those type of players on the bench is vital to stretch a game.

For me, JJ, McWilliams (even though he had his worst game for us today), Crookes and Foley...is more than ample at this level. If they are supplemented by good wide players.

I do accept though that there is zero chance of an out of contract pacy winger becoming available before the window re-opens...but an old war horse might do!  Grin So if Karl Henry joins, that fixes my '3rd priority signing' in the meantime!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 19:33:42 pm by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2018, 19:51:50 pm »

Highlights are up.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46080659
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2018, 20:01:15 pm »

I might be in the minority but did that really justify a red card - I know he was stupid to get involved but it’s not like he butted him or raised his hand in his face, it looked more just a barge/a bit of handbags?
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2018, 20:32:49 pm »

I might be in the minority but did that really justify a red card - I know he was stupid to get involved but it’s not like he butted him or raised his hand in his face, it looked more just a barge/a bit of handbags?

Agreed. Not a red in my opinion but absolutely brainless from Morias. Another spell on the sidelines for him and this time I have very little sympathy.
Report Spam   Logged
alstare

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2018, 20:54:11 pm »

No excuse from Morias.  Came from a long way out to barge the player over right in front of the ref
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2018, 21:09:45 pm »

It looked like the ball hit their player on the back of his head, didn't know anything about it.

Seeing replay you appear to be correct
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2018, 21:31:36 pm »

It was a crazy charge from Morias, but i think that was frustration showing from being sidelined a long while, along with a promising break from us being cynically halted, Hoskins may well have had a good chance to equalise if play hadn't been halted. Having said that, i thought Hoskins was pretty ineffective all afternoon, offering very little and as a whole thought we didn't play that well. All 3 of Lincoln's goals were quality , in a game lacking any. Lincoln seemed happy to lump the ball forward a lot of the time and on the whole we dealt with it well, Pierre being my MOM with another very good display. We have improved dramatically this last month and despite not playing that well, we still matched the league leaders , showing great determination to come from 2 goals down , to only lose to a wonder goal at the end. Disappointing to go out like that , but the fight is there for everyone to see and we are moving in the right direction.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 23:18:17 pm »

Starlings report is short and factual. Cornell had no real chance with the 3 goals especially the first and third. Whether he might have done better with second is best left to a genuine expert at the game! It was well struck and placed with little back lift from the shooter. The games outstanding save was by their keeper against a vV super volley. I thought Bridge had a reasonable game often testing their fullback and he scored - plse note: all his critics. Still think JJOT a bit disappointing - is KC looking at
KH because JJOT no longer up to it! Williams very ineffective; Hopkins was himself imo
he should play right wing and let him do his best. Pierre was terrific and Turnbull was mostly sound. Dolphin did ok but their winger gave him some anxious moments. Thought that McWilliams was disappointing and a few times found wanting! Buchanan tried hard but looked a bit vulnerable at times. KvV was easily our most effective fwd and is now on track for 20 goals. His celebration was something too. I was disappointed that we failed to get the draw our second half display deserved. However overall Lincoln were marginally the better side yet we had the two best players on the pitch ; KvV and Pierre!

PS We really missed Crooks!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 23:42:36 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2018, 07:27:18 am »

We are also missing Foley who has finally been selected by a manager in his natural central midfield position. JJOT is struggling and looks so slow and McWilliams hasn't shone since he returned.
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2018, 08:01:14 am »

I was very surprised there wasn’t a minute silence for rememberance weekend yesterday, any idea why not so close to the actual day, anyone?
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2018, 08:19:30 am »

I was very surprised there wasn’t a minute silence for rememberance weekend yesterday, any idea why not so close to the actual day, anyone?

Was surprised. But perhaps Lincoln were home last week and did it then?

Only noticed a lino with a poppy on the shirt.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2018, 08:21:58 am »

Never a red. Di Canio pushed that ref harder and he went down less theatrically than the Lincoln player. Well, almost.

Stupid to do it but the challenge which started it all was far more cynical
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2018, 09:06:08 am »

From what I heard on Radio Noddy Hoskins had another game of wasted passes and headless chicken type play. Another gaffe from Radio Noddy in that they started off saying that because OToole and Von Veen had both been booked yesterday they would not be able to play next week at Exeter, then eventually they corrected themselves. The words "Professional Broadcasters" does not spring to mind.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2018, 09:51:08 am »

At 2-2 you close the game down and we don't appear to know how. Work for KC to do or certain.

AGREED WE MUST BE TIGHTER.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2018, 10:28:54 am »

Starlings report is short and factual. Cornell had no real chance with the 3 goals especially the first and third. Whether he might have done better with second is best left to a genuine expert at the game! It was well struck and placed with little back lift from the shooter. The games outstanding save was by their keeper against a vV super volley. I thought Bridge had a reasonable game often testing their fullback and he scored - plse note: all his critics. Still think JJOT a bit disappointing - is KC looking at
KH because JJOT no longer up to it! Williams very ineffective; Hopkins was himself imo
he should play right wing and let him do his best. Pierre was terrific and Turnbull was mostly sound. Dolphin did ok but their winger gave him some anxious moments. Thought that McWilliams was disappointing and a few times found wanting! Buchanan tried hard but looked a bit vulnerable at times. KvV was easily our most effective fwd and is now on track for 20 goals. His celebration was something too. I was disappointed that we failed to get the draw our second half display deserved. However overall Lincoln were marginally the better side yet we had the two best players on the pitch ; KvV and Pierre!

PS We really missed Crooks!!

This seems a pretty fair summary Evers. I think Pierre is going to be massive for us this season and he has really matured as a player.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2018, 10:35:38 am »

Never a red. Di Canio pushed that ref harder and he went down less theatrically than the Lincoln player. Well, almost.

Stupid to do it but the challenge which started it all was far more cynical
100% agree with this, it was a really cynical foul and he then kicked the ball away, it should have been the other way around ,red for the Lincoln guy and yellow for Junior, who should have stayed out of it.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2018, 10:52:49 am »

100% agree with this, it was a really cynical foul and he then kicked the ball away, it should have been the other way around ,red for the Lincoln guy and yellow for Junior, who should have stayed out of it.

Whilst I think the Lincoln guy got of lightly for a very cynical foul, at the end of the day Morias went in a very forthright and aggressive way and it was always going to tick the violent conduct box for the ref. Silly.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2018, 12:32:30 pm »

Whilst I think the Lincoln guy got of lightly for a very cynical foul, at the end of the day Morias went in a very forthright and aggressive way and it was always going to tick the violent conduct box for the ref. Silly.

Cynical foul followed by kicking the ball away (2 yellow card offences). Morias didn't even raise his hands, he ran into him and then the player fell over like he'd been shot. Ref sent off the wrong player.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2018, 13:38:50 pm »

This seems a pretty fair summary Evers. I think Pierre is going to be massive for us this season and he has really matured as a player.

Thks
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: