The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:20:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

5 Weeks till transfer window opens......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Weeks till transfer window opens......  (Read 17429 times)
Grove

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2018, 17:49:17 pm »

And possibly Jay Williams
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2018, 18:04:51 pm »

And possibly Jay Williams

Jay Williams is still on youth terms but that may change in the near future.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2018, 18:08:34 pm »

Jay Williams is still on youth terms but that may change in the near future.

That's why I said possibly, IF, someone else doesn't snap him up first
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2018, 18:13:15 pm »

Out of contract:
Shay Facey, David Buchanan, Sam Foley, Daniel Powell, James Goff, Dean Bowditch, John-Joe O'Toole, Joe Iaciofano, Luke Coddington, Zaser Kasim.

Jack Bridge's contract was undisclosed when he signed.

Under contract:
David Cornell, Hakeem Odoffin, Ash Taylor, Sam Hoskins, Andy Williams, Kevin van Veen, Junior Morias, Aaron Pierre, Shaun McWilliams, Jordan Turnbull, Billy Waters, Matt Crooks, Sean Whaler, Morgan Roberts, Joe Bunney.
From that list of out of contract players, only Foley is likely to be retained in my view. JJOT has a lot to do if that is to be changed around this season
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2018, 18:41:05 pm »

I completely forgot about bridge - if he’s fit then his recent omission from match day squads probably means the writing could be on the wall.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2018, 18:43:06 pm »

Thanks for the list. Facey.. possibly renew, possibly not, foley yes for me, have to say wouldn’t be surprised to see Bowdich offered terms as I think KC likes him.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2018, 20:29:09 pm »

Thanks for the list. Facey.. possibly renew, possibly not, foley yes for me, have to say wouldn’t be surprised to see Bowdich offered terms as I think KC likes him.
Facey is on his way to non league
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2018, 21:57:13 pm »

I will trust Curley-Cobblers to do the right thing.  He can balance a budget.  And he's pushed enough players to do stuff that they weren't expecting to do. He will know who to keep, and who to let go.  Whether he can make the changes he wants.....It's all to do with Supply & Demand in the Market come 1 Jan. 
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2018, 11:30:11 am »

Whatever our thoughts are about Cornell, I'd happily have Adam Smith back! Coddington seemingly can't even cut it at Guiseley...Smith looks to be on his way out from the Gas!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2018, 12:09:18 pm »

Whatever our thoughts are about Cornell, I'd happily have Adam Smith back! Coddington seemingly can't even cut it at Guiseley...Smith looks to be on his way out from the Gas!

Based on Cornells performances this season and then compared with Smith's last few matches here Smith is no great improvement over Cornell. I see Matt Ingham at QPR has more or less been sidelined; however based on his performance at Oldham (a) last season not sure about him either!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 13:12:27 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2018, 12:26:42 pm »

Based on Cornells performances this season and then compared with Smith's last few matches here Smith is no great improvement over Cornell. I see Matt Ingham at QPR has more or less been sidelined howvere based on his performance at Oldham (a) last season not sure about him either!

For me Smith is defiantly a step up on Cornell, yes he is prone to the odd howler too, but he's a much more complete Goal Keeper.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2018, 12:39:59 pm »

Guiseley were bottom of the league conceding goals left, right and centre. But when he was at Wrexham he did well, and was liked by the supporters. He has only played 1 league game for us, so nobody really knows how good he is.

I was watching the pre-match warm-up on Saturday and some of the saves he was making were outstanding, Morias even stood and clapped after he tipped over one of his efforts.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2018, 13:11:28 pm »

For me Smith is defiantly a step up on Cornell, yes he is prone to the odd howler too, but he's a much more complete Goal Keeper.

I have seen a lot of Smith's games and can assure you that he is not significantly better than Cornell; in fact if at all. The only 'keeper better than Cornell(& Smith) was ROD who deserted us for a failing L1 team. I still vividly remember Smith's performance against Man U - do you?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 13:13:10 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2018, 13:41:47 pm »

I have seen a lot of Smith's games and can assure you that he is not significantly better than Cornell; in fact if at all. The only 'keeper better than Cornell(& Smith) was ROD who deserted us for a failing L1 team. I still vividly remember Smith's performance against Man U - do you?

Well that's your opinion nevers, which I respect but do not agree with. As I said imo smith is a far more complete compatability keeper than Dai. I suspect another lg1 club may sign him if he does leave rovers, which is on no way certain given the fact they are manager less.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2018, 14:03:30 pm »

I think that Smith made the EFL team of the season, Cornell has about 15 better keepers than him in League 2. Smith was poor against Man Utd but do you remember the Orient game ? Cornell had payed 22 matches for NTFC before this season and in most of them he wasn't very inspiring, he has done better this season but is still prone to a few mistakes in most games, some he gets away with some he don't.
   Evers, I can assure you Smith IS significantly better than Cornell !
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2018, 14:04:49 pm »

Guiseley were bottom of the league conceding goals left, right and centre. But when he was at Wrexham he did well, and was liked by the supporters. He has only played 1 league game for us, so nobody really knows how good he is.

I was watching the pre-match warm-up on Saturday and some of the saves he was making were outstanding, Morias even stood and clapped after he tipped over one of his efforts.
Hence me using the word 'seemingly'!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2018, 14:22:37 pm »

Hence me using the word 'seemingly'!

"Coddington seemingly can't even cut it at Guiseley"

Nothing about his Cobblers career, or lack of it.

I was giving a reason why he may have struggled there compared with his time at Wrexham.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2018, 14:59:48 pm »

Smith was bang average when he left and seems to have gone downhill since, could be good but I think he would be an expensive risk.

We really are obsessed with bringing back ex-players.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2018, 15:59:02 pm »

Smith was bang average when he left and seems to have gone downhill since, could be good but I think he would be an expensive risk.

We really are obsessed with bringing back ex-players.
I didn't mention bringing Smith back, I just pointed out the fact that he is a better keeper than Cornell
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2018, 17:04:43 pm »

"Coddington seemingly can't even cut it at Guiseley"

Nothing about his Cobblers career, or lack of it.

I was giving a reason why he may have struggled there compared with his time at Wrexham.
Can't comment on his Cobblers career - he hasn't had one!
I'll say again (despite what you think Wrexham fans think!)...seemingly can't (even) cut it at Guiseley, who are still letting in goals left right and centre - if not to the extent of Maidenhead Utd or Nuneaton Borough!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 17:06:56 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: