The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:22:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ash Taylor

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ash Taylor  (Read 4010 times)
AbingtonCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: November 27, 2018, 19:29:57 pm »

Why is Ash Taylor back in the team !
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 19:45:28 pm »

Why is Ash Taylor back in the team !

More to the point why has Turnbull been dropped - not clear.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 19:47:36 pm »

More to the point why has Turnbull been dropped - not clear.

Attitude?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 19:49:27 pm »

Attitude?

I don't care if he curled one out into Keith's shoe - he's twice the player Taylor is at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 20:42:29 pm »

I don't care if he curled one out into Keith's shoe - he's twice the player Taylor is at the moment.

This
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 20:47:28 pm »

This twice.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 20:56:45 pm »

May well be true, but what impact might that have on everyone else. It's all supposition as no one knows what goes on behind closed doors. But I know his attitude stunk when swindon got relegated, thought he was too good for LG 2 then and ended up in Scotland as no one in lg1 wanted him.

Also lead to eleven he was one of the players that did not want to stay here in the sumner as again felt he was too good for us. Who knows but for austin to leave him out the squad for the first 10 games and then curle to leave him out twice despite having decent games, there must be something no quite right with him.

That said form alone he should be in ahead of Taylor at present
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 00:07:22 am »

Attitude?

Where has that rumour come from in relation to The Cobblers?
Based on tonight, Taylor doesn't deserve to be in ahead of him.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 07:05:31 am »

Don't get me wrong, I like Ash Taylor.

He wins an awful lot of headers (in a league with a lot of hoofball), makes some good tackles and brave blocks.

However, this comes at the cost of some of the worst passing I have ever seen from a pro footballer. Short passes nowhere near the player who wants it, and the dreaded long/hoof/Hollywood passes that give the ball straight back to the opposition or go out of play.

When on form he looks fantastic, but I don't think one half of being decent means he should be getting in ahead of Turnbull, who has been great alongside Pierre this season.

He is also not the only player quick to blame other people when the ball hits the back of our net.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 08:27:34 am »

Turnbull should be partnering Pierre . Fact .
I am not anti Taylor like some , but the combination of the other two was working so why change it ?
I think KC thinks Turnbull isn’t aggressive enough personally and hot bullied at Exeter.
His distribution is the best of any of our defenders though .
Austin didn’t like Turnbull . He tried to offload him because he is a big earner and involved in too many relegated teams .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 09:01:33 am »

i want my centre halves at league 2 level to be able to defend first and play football second.

i dont mind taylors hoofball if he is defending properly - which he isnt.

likewise i dont mind turnbull playing football but not at the expense of his defensive duties.

either way - there is flaws with all our centre halves, and the team as a whole has a soft centre that 4 managers have failed to change.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 09:05:24 am »

The Shot at the end summed it up for me.

Zero composure and a complete lack of judgement. His awful distribution invites pressure continuously and the second we are under the slightest bit of pressure we start kicking to touch with Taylor in the team.

I didn't rate him last year and I certainly don,t rate him this year.
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 09:47:10 am »

Where has that rumour come from in relation to The Cobblers?
Based on tonight, Taylor doesn't deserve to be in ahead of him.

I don't know anything of fact from his time with us.

I do know Swindon had massive issues with his attitude and he more or less refused to play for them on them dropping down to league 2 - which as I've already said he thought at the time he would pick up a Lg1 club easily it didn't happen and he ended up in Scotland.

That doesn't mean for a second that it has happened again, but there were rumours at the start of the season he didn't want to play for us in lg 2 and Austin clearly had issues with him as didn't select him.

It maybe a case of 2+2 = 7 but he has form
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 09:56:17 am »

Yep. Taylor in = goals conceded.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 10:24:47 am »

I don't know anything of fact from his time with us.

You should've stopped then...
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 10:27:56 am »

You should've stopped then...

Why because it goes against your thoughts?Huh?

I'm just speculating possibilities as to why he may have been dropped last night as on form most would have him in ahead of Taylor
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 12:32:27 pm »

If I was Turnbull and had been subbed off on Saturday instead of Taylor, I think I'd have an attitude problem for at least a few days
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 12:34:13 pm »

Ash Taylor is a caricature of what a defender should be.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 17:12:41 pm »

Why because it goes against your thoughts?Huh?

I'm just speculating possibilities as to why he may have been dropped last night as on form most would have him in ahead of Taylor

What you were saying was indicating more than speculation, as if it was the reason.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 17:58:08 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I like Ash Taylor.............
He is also not the only player quick to blame other people when the ball hits the back of our net.

More or less share your opinion on Taylor. When he joined he looked like a championship player in the making..... it’s more or less been downhill since then. I believe he still can be a useful asset for us. Like most on here I was dismayed by Turnbull’s relegation to the bench so breaking up a useful partnership. No reasons given so cue for the rumours mostly unfounded. A reliable fan told that in his opinion Turnbull was not good at Exeter so replaced by Taylor who apparently was outstanding. Hence Newport team. It appears most players(8/9) had poor games and only Pierre scored a 6. The overreaction we get from some fans (the usual?) with messages of doom and regrettably more distasteful anti Taylor  posts. Now we have a silly thread on KC ‘honeymoon’ period issued by one of our notorious barometer posters.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 18:02:50 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: