The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:10:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ash Taylor

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ash Taylor  (Read 4007 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 18:01:59 pm »

What you were saying was indicating more than speculation, as if it was the reason.

Not at all, just purely speculation on my part, but there does have to be a reason why he was dropped and it may ir maybe not be it. Like I also said it can't be form as he would be in ahead of Taylor on current form
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 22:41:40 pm »

He is utter crap.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 07:45:56 am »

He is utter crap.

quite possibly, but certainly not at fault for any of the 3 goals on Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 07:47:42 am »

Not at all, just purely speculation on my part, but there does have to be a reason why he was dropped and it may ir maybe not be it. Like I also said it can't be form as he would be in ahead of Taylor on current form

Absolutely agree. There is a reason and I would love to know what it is. Kev Simons (formerly Insider) posted in a cobblers Facebook group after the game on Tuesday that Turnbull is leaving in January. Can see there being legs behind that suggestion.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 07:52:44 am »

Weather or not he has been directly responsible for any of the goals is irrelevant....

He causes unnecessary unease within the team when he plays...

Pierre looked a totally different player when he was partnered with JT and JT himself has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped.

With AT in the team we look a complete shambles!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2018, 08:30:02 am »

Weather or not he has been directly responsible for any of the goals is irrelevant....

Pierre looked a totally different player when he was partnered with JT and JT himself has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped.

Ah the voice of reason 🤪
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 08:46:38 am »

Taylor does appear to unsettle the defence when he is in there, as with Cornell not coming for the ball towards the end of the Grimsby game. It also appeared there was a lot of arguing between Buchs / Taylor and the rest of the defence which had disappeared when he wasn't playing. So yes I think Taylor is very much a disruptive influence on the team, if Curle can change this and get him back to how he was earlier last season then he should do alright if not then he needs to go.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 08:48:55 am »

All sorts of things go in behind closed doors .
It might even be that Turnbull has cultivated a move for himself in January and KC has fallen out with him .
Who knows ....
I think the singling out of Taylor this season is unecessary and childish .
He did well last season overall and he needs to get his game back on track.  This also applies to others like JJOT and McWilliams but they don’t get the same abuse .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 08:57:23 am »

Taylor does appear to unsettle the defence when he is in there, as with Cornell not coming for the ball towards the end of the Grimsby game. It also appeared there was a lot of arguing between Buchs / Taylor and the rest of the defence which had disappeared when he wasn't playing. So yes I think Taylor is very much a disruptive influence on the team, if Curle can change this and get him back to how he was earlier last season then he should do alright if not then he needs to go.

i partly agree, i think the dislike is driven by his perceived arrogance and speed at which he blames someone else for errors/goals.  the goal 1st game of the season against lincoln being a fine example.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 09:17:47 am »

I think the singling out of Taylor this season is unecessary and childish .
He did well last season overall and he needs to get his game back on track.  This also applies to others like JJOT and McWilliams but they don’t get the same abuse .

I agree singling out a single player is somewhat unfair but his manner of play is obvious and possible disruptive affect on others seems to be credible.

I'm not sure I can agree on next point though - he presided over one of the worst defensive performances over a season I have ever witnessed.

JJOT for me this season has been a disaster and not one I'm sure he will recover from. McWilliams has made a lot of mistakes in the last few games but his age and clear natural talent will I hope see him through this patch. 
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 10:14:52 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/turnbull-omission-purely-tactical-curle-1-8721603
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 11:59:45 am »

Absolutely agree. There is a reason and I would love to know what it is. Kev Simons (formerly Insider) posted in a cobblers Facebook group after the game on Tuesday that Turnbull is leaving in January. Can see there being legs behind that suggestion.

Makes sense - if you know someone is going then you dont give them game time ahead of others unless you need to.
Could argue he is needed though...
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 12:16:13 pm »

Kev Simons (formerly Insider) posted in a cobblers Facebook group after the game on Tuesday that Turnbull is leaving in January. Can see there being legs behind that suggestion.

is he still watching them train? and is he still taking over the club?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 18:13:07 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2018, 20:09:06 pm »

Grin

I like Kev - one of the mirrors fell off the coach whilst travelling up the M1 last season; he climbed up and fixed it. Sorry he has disappeared off here. Quite enjoyed his insider posts.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2018, 20:20:13 pm »

At least he never spent his time making snide comments about other people on message boards, Kevin has forgot more about the Cobblers that you will ever know.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2018, 22:05:03 pm »

I like Kev - one of the mirrors fell off the coach whilst travelling up the M1 last season; he climbed up and fixed it. Sorry he has disappeared off here. Quite enjoyed his insider posts.
Sometimes people do have inside knowledge at first hand and it’s interesting to hear .
Sadly , you get bullied off on here if you try to share it .
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2018, 22:19:05 pm »

quite possibly, but certainly not at fault for any of the 3 goals on Tuesday.

For those that follow me on Twitter will know my thoughts on Taylor.
He may not be responsible directly for conceded goals but he seems to make the other 10 players nervous, his constant clapping like a seal is more annoying than I can ever get into words here, he looks more like a band conductor the way he waves his arms around, he unsettles  me just watching him and would hate to work with someone like that.

Move him out of the team quickly otherwise we will be back in relegation.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2018, 22:42:08 pm »

For those that follow me on Twitter will know my thoughts on Taylor.
He may not be responsible directly for conceded goals but he seems to make the other 10 players nervous, his constant clapping like a seal is more annoying than I can ever get into words here, he looks more like a band conductor the way he waves his arms around, he unsettles  me just watching him and would hate to work with someone like that.

Move him out of the team quickly otherwise we will be back in relegation.

I prefer Turnbull to Taylor; if Taylor plays well and holds his place on merit then thats fine by me. You do know he was a window cleaner by trade?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3245

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2018, 00:21:11 am »

He is a player on our books, who may need to move on to find his true home (a return to Tranmere, perhaps?)

Until then, why shoot down one of our own?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: