The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:15:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trust Making Bid for Fan Ownership?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Making Bid for Fan Ownership?  (Read 6946 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« on: November 28, 2018, 13:04:21 pm »

Interesting post on the Trust's Facebook page this afternoon (https://www.facebook.com/pg/ntfcsupporterstrust/posts/?ref=page_internal)

Sharing an article from Supporters Direct marking 15 years of fan ownership at Exeter City they've added the comment:

"Remember Brian Lomax issuing a rallying call to Exeter fans at Sixfields in 1995? One Grecians fan carried a banner saying 'Don't Let Our City Die'. Exeter City has been supporter-owned since 2003. It is time for the original Supporters Trust to look at a model for Northampton Town."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 17:51:04 pm »

Seems pretty standard enquiries from the Trust given the club has been up for sale for some time with no apparent buyers and no obvious movement on the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 00:23:28 am »

My previous bid went unanswered.....  what more can I say?

Many years ago, the UK went to war with China, to force them to accept the UK's Opium IMPORTS ......

Pipe Dreams, anyone?Huh???
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 06:47:45 am »

My previous bid went unanswered.....  what more can I say?

Many years ago, the UK went to war with China, to force them to accept the UK's Opium IMPORTS ......

Pipe Dreams, anyone?Huh???
Currently 1000s are being put off supporting their local club and have been for decades  due to the lack of professionalism throughout its entire structure,  the absence of any redevelopment plans and the current and previous owners constant secretive demands on our council for unconditional personal  land and leases deals have created apathy amoungst fans struggling to feel part of such a club.
A fan run club with full help from the whole of our supporters base catchment and local businesses would finally allow the club to move forward and seek the investment and funding for work to our decrepit infrastructure and being solely for the football club would entice many more to want to be a part of it.
Steady progress with all being on side and fully aware of what is happening and needed would be a great success.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:54:21 am »

Currently 1000s are being put off supporting their local club and have been for decades  due to the lack of professionalism throughout its entire structure

I've just had a flashback to my school days as I read this... "Yeah,  yeah, Jimmy Hill, chinny reckon..."
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 07:59:39 am »

Currently 1000s are being put off supporting their local club and have been for decades  due to the lack of professionalism throughout its entire structure,  the absence of any redevelopment plans and the current and previous owners constant secretive demands on our council for unconditional personal  land and leases deals have created apathy amoungst fans struggling to feel part of such a club.
A fan run club with full help from the whole of our supporters base catchment and local businesses would finally allow the club to move forward and seek the investment and funding for work to our decrepit infrastructure and being solely for the football club would entice many more to want to be a part of it.
Steady progress with all being on side and fully aware of what is happening and needed would be a great success.

On the Facebook post the Trust said that in terms of league position and infrastructure the club is little better off than it was when Sixfields opened. There's no real answer to that is there?
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 08:10:11 am »

I must say that when I was at Exeter the other week I couldn't help feel a bit jealous at the set up they have and would love us to be in a position to be a fan owned club with a set up like that. The 2 new stands they have haven't cost them a penny, it was done by selling the land behind the home end to developers to build student flats! Would be nice if the land behind the east could be used to our advantage like that. I think for a fan owned club to work a large majority of fans need to be behind the idea and I don't know if we have enough fans who want to go down that route. Maybe the trust could canvas opinion at the next few home games to see what percentage do want to go down the fan owned route.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 08:24:46 am »

Battery Man - see above. The CDNL land is under ownership of Bower & Thomas and the liquidation process post Cardoza has been halted.  So, any development gain from the CDNL land goes to our owners not to the football club.  It is about time supporters woke up and understand what is in progress.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 08:45:02 am »

Some fans still putting faith in private owners despite being in no better league position, a mangled stadium and Michael McRitchie, David Cardoza and 5USports to show for it. That's the long and short of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 08:46:13 am »

Battery Man - see above. The CDNL land is under ownership of Bower & Thomas and the liquidation process post Cardoza has been halted.  So, any development gain from the CDNL land goes to our owners not to the football club.  It is about time supporters woke up and understand what is in progress.

I know that and it was just a point I was making, we did have that land until everything went pear shaped with the previous owner!
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 08:50:38 am »

Throughout the CDNL saga there has been no suggestion from KT that I am aware of that the CDNL land is for the benefit of the football club. It seems safe to conclude any development gain (or most of it since osme may go to the Council) will go to them personally and whilst that is their legal right I for one take a dim view of it.  Meccano is absolutely right with his post today.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 11:10:32 am »

I have no doubt that fan based ownership for NTFC is the best opportunity for us to grow

Don't agree with Battery about getting most of the fans on board, most fans don't care as long as there is football to watch, it has taken even the most ardent fan 3 years to realise our current owner(s) are only in it for themselves, putting themselves 1st, 2nd and 3rd, when I saw it after 3 months. It needs some dynamic people to get involved, it needs the others to at least start putting pressure on KT to actually deliver on his promises / words.

I understand that local people wanted to do a deal but his price was too high, what a surprise, so much for doing the best for the people of Northampton bulls*** after bulls*** from KT. He stole the club from under those people with empty promises, bordering upon fraud and misrepresentation, yet many fans shrug their shoulders and say thats business. Sorry but football clubs are like no other business, football fans are unlike any other business customer, we have been used and abused by NTFC owners for more than 10 years.

TIME TO STAND UP AND TAKE BACK OUR CLUB  - Time to make life for KT as uncomfortable as legally possible  -

Again the lack of focus and togetherness off the field brings apathy on it, again not a surprise to me that once we pulled away from the drop zone results falter again - why?  Because we have achieved our goal - survival.

Fan ownership / in it for the club owners not themselves clubs are doing really well at the minute - Accrington, Portsmouth, Exeter, Wycombe, Burton for example -  read the BBC report on Betis who just beat Real Madrid 3-0, their secret is togtherness -  when did we last have it? 

The Trust need to come out in the open and drive this forward, if they know the asking price then tell everyone, time to say what they actually want rather than just cryptic politically correct statements.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 11:43:17 am »

Agree in the main with Random's comments.

Just to correct one thing and that is Portsmouth supporters sold out to an American media billionaire.  Personally I think supporters ownership alone is not sustainable long term if you want to get up and stay higher on the EFL ladder.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 13:08:21 pm »

I think the debate or questions as to how committed our fans are (Battery) to such a venture are valid.
However, to get that commitment, any club going down that path; Pompey, Exeter, Wimbledon...have all collectively been up s*** creek without a paddle, hence the 'all hands to deck' reaction from the respective fanbase.
Despite Beds and others observations/predictions of gloom (they could easily be spot on!) most of the town probably doesn't see us in such dire financial straits...yet!
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 13:11:54 pm »

I have no doubt that fan based ownership for NTFC is the best opportunity for us to grow

Don't agree with Battery about getting most of the fans on board, most fans don't care as long as there is football to watch, it has taken even the most ardent fan 3 years to realise our current owner(s) are only in it for themselves, putting themselves 1st, 2nd and 3rd, when I saw it after 3 months. It needs some dynamic people to get involved, it needs the others to at least start putting pressure on KT to actually deliver on his promises / words.

I understand that local people wanted to do a deal but his price was too high, what a surprise, so much for doing the best for the people of Northampton bulls*** after bulls*** from KT. He stole the club from under those people with empty promises, bordering upon fraud and misrepresentation, yet many fans shrug their shoulders and say thats business. Sorry but football clubs are like no other business, football fans are unlike any other business customer, we have been used and abused by NTFC owners for more than 10 years.

TIME TO STAND UP AND TAKE BACK OUR CLUB  - Time to make life for KT as uncomfortable as legally possible  -

Again the lack of focus and togetherness off the field brings apathy on it, again not a surprise to me that once we pulled away from the drop zone results falter again - why?  Because we have achieved our goal - survival.

Fan ownership / in it for the club owners not themselves clubs are doing really well at the minute - Accrington, Portsmouth, Exeter, Wycombe, Burton for example -  read the BBC report on Betis who just beat Real Madrid 3-0, their secret is togtherness -  when did we last have it? 

The Trust need to come out in the open and drive this forward, if they know the asking price then tell everyone, time to say what they actually want rather than just cryptic politically correct statements.
Maybe we dont need the majority of fans on board Random, but certainly enough to support those who are going to make up the main working body of supporters who will run things. I know it will mean bringing in professional people to run a lot of it but it is going to take a lot of time and effort of a small number of people and if a good proportion of the regular support isn't behind it, then it will struggle to be a success. Personally I think it is a great idea and the best way forward for us. We aren't likely to be a premiership club in the forseeable future and if we are going to bob around leagues 1 and 2 then I would rather do it without someone looking to make a lot of money out of our club.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 13:15:57 pm »

Can you save a lot of time by giving us one fan owned club that has been a resounding success? Or thrived past league one level?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 13:57:54 pm »

Can you save a lot of time by giving us one fan owned club that has been a resounding success? Or thrived past league one level?
This is a good statement Nigel, but, in the last 50 years we haven't really thrived past League 2 level under private ownership. Wycombe, Exeter, AFC Wimbledon and Newport are all fan owned, are all above us in the League and all of them survive on smaller gates than us.
   If we were fan owned, the club would still have a CEO, I think that James Whiting pretty much runs the club most of the time whilst KT is in America and DB is in Dubai, so in that respect it wouldn't be much different.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 14:26:15 pm »

None are above league one level at the moment, but when have we in the past 40 years looked like performing above League one level (aside from the play off loss to Grimsby). We are a perennial lower league club and without serious investment and serious owners that is all we are likely to remain. I would much rather be a lower league club that is fan owned than be like we are now!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 14:50:39 pm »

Green Bay Packers!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 16:57:01 pm »

We do not  need fan ownership
We’ve got KT
He told the council he’d got the money to get the stand finished and I’m sure he will
What sort of (fit in as applicable) would he be if he was only interested in land acuasition after all...
What sort of idiots would the council be if they were bent over a second time.
What sort of aftertimers would the trust be if they came out with all this nonsense when posters on here have been asking questions that they should have been asked by the trust  months ago.....

New board....(gone back on promises to the council)
New council leaders....(not fit to be in office)
New trust(not fit for purpose and a new trust set up with new members replacing the ineffectual one that has served us so well)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: