The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:10:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trust Making Bid for Fan Ownership?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Making Bid for Fan Ownership?  (Read 6954 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 17:00:25 pm »

We do not  need fan ownership
We’ve got KT
He told the council he’d got the money to get the stand finished and I’m sure he will
What sort of (fit in as applicable) would he be if he was only interested in land acuasition after all...
What sort of idiots would the council be if they were bent over a second time.
What sort of aftertimers would the trust be if they came out with all this nonsense when posters on here have been asking questions that they should have been asked by the trust  months ago.....

New board....(gone back on promises to the council)
New council leaders....(not fit to be in office)
New trust(not fit for purpose and a new trust set up with new members replacing the ineffectual one that has served us so well)

You sound more bitter than that guy from Carlisle.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 17:12:41 pm »

Can you save a lot of time by giving us one fan owned club that has been a resounding success? Or thrived past league one level?

Bit of a moot point as existing at Championship level costs multi millions now. Competing at that level and you are talking mega money. The club has been available for purchase for a long time and no-one with those funds has come forwards.

Oh yeah Bayern Munich.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 17:13:10 pm »

None are above league one level at the moment, but when have we in the past 40 years looked like performing above League one level (aside from the play off loss to Grimsby). We are a perennial lower league club and without serious investment and serious owners that is all we are likely to remain. I would much rather be a lower league club that is fan owned than be like we are now!

Quite.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 18:07:38 pm »

Funny how when we talk about fan owned those opposed mention the Championship and above yet spend most their time defending current chairmen (DC & KT) with the 'he saved us' line and that they are grateful to have a club to support

I mentioned Portsmouth because it was only when they became fan owned did they start to move forward and able to attract real outside investment. I know Portsmouth are way way above us but the fact that the new owner came from Disney Parks (which is focused on providing top quality, attention to detail and family / together entertainment) might also be part of the reason they are doing so well this season.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2018, 18:56:03 pm »

We can't even have one unified travel club.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 19:36:49 pm »

We can't even have one unified travel club.
Why would it be better if we did???
There are small but beneficial differences in having the choice...pub stops/straight back/weekenders etc. Having a closed shop one fits all travel club is certainly no way forward in that regard!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 23:02:13 pm »

Funding?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3264

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 04:20:26 am »

I am slowly coming round to the best way forward for NTFC being fan ownership, as the utopia benefactor seams a pipedream!

Can anybody get a statement from NBC to what their discussions have been on behalf of the electorate and precisely what land is for the benefit of the club ie; does the running track still come under the juradiction of NTFC?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 07:38:45 am »

This is a good statement Nigel, but, in the last 50 years we haven't really thrived past League 2 level under private ownership. Wycombe, Exeter, AFC Wimbledon and Newport are all fan owned, are all above us in the League and all of them survive on smaller gates than us.
   If we were fan owned, the club would still have a CEO, I think that James Whiting pretty much runs the club most of the time whilst KT is in America and DB is in Dubai, so in that respect it wouldn't be much different.

You are absolutely right. It wouldn’t be much different. In essence, it would perform exactly the same as it has historically.

If what a fan owned club has to offer is a maximum of league one football, which is what all evidence from elsewhere suggests it is. Then what’s the point? The club and the supporters do not need another board that keeps us ticking over.

I'd need to see a bit more than “I think the CEO runs the club” to suggest the credentials of any proposed takeover extends past a tick on the Trusts bucket list.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 09:33:28 am »

Why would it be better if we did???
There are small but beneficial differences in having the choice...pub stops/straight back/weekenders etc. Having a closed shop one fits all travel club is certainly no way forward in that regard!

It was more a point about the previous arguing between the two parties.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2018, 11:39:17 am »

Funding?
A very valid point, I assume the one word  question refers to where a fan run club find the funds for the running of the club?

The pros would be;
A sharp increase of gates should ntfc become fan owned,
Knowing their local football club is now dependent on fans turning up more regularly as well as  getting involved with fund raising inititives that fully benefit the clubs growth.  
An increase in sponsorship and investment from the general population and business community. How much money over the last 15 years have the club lost from local buisneses not wanting to show good will to a club with speculators at the helm, only in it for personal profit?

The money from sky etc, that helps pay the bills will still be available.
Should major investors appear on the horizon, they can just step in and take over, subject to what it is they have to offer (genuinely have to offer!) And full agreement of the clubs fans by vote.

Organisation, there are many already involved with the day to day running at the club who are experts in their field who would now work with the clubs supporters trust to ensure the smooth transition period and implemention of ideas to ensure growth in all areas of our club.

The cons;
There are none, these past 15 years  have seen our club regress so far behind our rivals.
Time for change.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2018, 12:29:32 pm »

I would hope that a fan owned (or majority share holding) would have togetherness as it's driving factor, something I thing is vitally important and plays a massive role in overachieving

As Beds says a fan owned club would hopefully inspire more fans and businesses to become involved, but the staff would have to pull in the same direction for the same ends. In staff I mean ALL, from the tea lady to the players, but actually do it, live it, believe it, not just lip service and meaningless quotes.

And Hammy if League 1 was the ceiling the aim would be to have the club in the best position to attract extra funding and also allow the Trust to retain some shareholding to at least maintain some voice on the board, a far far far better scenario than what we currently have.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2018, 14:09:26 pm »

Cannot see why the attendances would sharply increase just because of a fan owned club. Where are the figures to support this theory ? Real figures, not just made up theories. 
Contrary to a lot of people's misguided beliefs, not every supporter wants a fan owned club.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2018, 14:22:57 pm »

I would hope that a fan owned (or majority share holding) would have togetherness as it's driving factor, something I thing is vitally important and plays a massive role in overachieving

As Beds says a fan owned club would hopefully inspire more fans and businesses to become involved, but the staff would have to pull in the same direction for the same ends. In staff I mean ALL, from the tea lady to the players, but actually do it, live it, believe it, not just lip service and meaningless quotes.

And Hammy if League 1 was the ceiling the aim would be to have the club in the best position to attract extra funding and also allow the Trust to retain some shareholding to at least maintain some voice on the board, a far far far better scenario than what we currently have.

Hi Random how are you this pm, I reckon these guys just don’t understand you?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2018, 14:24:31 pm »

Cannot see why the attendances would sharply increase just because of a fan owned club. Where are the figures to support this theory ? Real figures, not just made up theories. 
Contrary to a lot of people's misguided beliefs, not every supporter wants a fan owned club.

Of course they won’t. We can’t fill it for local derbies. Let alone because a few fans are on board. Likewise with sponsorship.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 15:30:01 pm »

I won't buy a season ticket while Thomas keeps dragging things out and I'm quite the fanatical about our club.
I still pay £24 on the day but have stopped going little league 2 night games due to our clubs lack of direction under this present regime.
I feel the club these past 12 years is less representative of the Town of Northampton and have distanced themselves from the community, to me it seems its more about our outsider owners who surrounded themselves with our more obsequious supporters to help with their personal gains from the land our clubs ground sits on.
If you asked 100 Northamptonian's  would you be more likely to visit Sixfields to watch a community owned club trying hard to grow its standing within the game or that of speculators, just here to profit from adjacent land deals, the answer would be a resounding YES..
I fully accept a very small minority of fans wouldn't want a fan owned club, they certainly wouldn't  want Thomas and co sticking around much longer,  which would suggest they hope for  big investors to take over, but we all know they won't come in with present owners at the helm, who probably are asking way over the odds for a complete takeover?
It must be noted that a fan (community) owned club can easily step aside for any serious investors should they appear.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 15:34:14 pm »

A very valid point, I assume the one word  question refers to where a fan run club find the funds for the running of the club?

The pros would be;
A sharp increase of gates should ntfc become fan owned,
Knowing their local football club is now dependent on fans turning up more regularly as well as  getting involved with fund raising inititives that fully benefit the clubs growth.  
An increase in sponsorship and investment from the general population and business community. How much money over the last 15 years have the club lost from local buisneses not wanting to show good will to a club with speculators at the helm, only in it for personal profit?

The money from sky etc, that helps pay the bills will still be available.
Should major investors appear on the horizon, they can just step in and take over, subject to what it is they have to offer (genuinely have to offer!) And full agreement of the clubs fans by vote.

Organisation, there are many already involved with the day to day running at the club who are experts in their field who would now work with the clubs supporters trust to ensure the smooth transition period and implemention of ideas to ensure growth in all areas of our club.

The cons;
There are none, these past 15 years  have seen our club regress so far behind our rivals.
Time for change.

More holes than a colander again unfortunately...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 15:48:41 pm »

Of course they won’t. We can’t fill it for local derbies. Let alone because a few fans are on board. Likewise with sponsorship.
We can't sell out/ sell more tickets for popular games when in league 1 due to severe capacity restrictions,  you need spare capacity to be able to invite casuals and for regulars being able to take their friends or family members to a one off game. To get in you need to be data based and No tickets can be sold on matchday, those who do get a ticket will be gaureenteed a s*** seat.  It possibly loses us over 1000 plus sales every time.
Why would local buisneses want sponsor Northampton ventures or CNDL?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 15:54:06 pm »

Sorry Beds, they are not facts, they are just thoughts in your head.
Ive been watching the Cobblers for years and it would not be a resounding positive response from me if the Club were fan owned.
You are just talking pie  in the sky, you have no figures, no facts and no basis for your theory. You just give a perfect reason  why a fan owned club would not be the correct route to follow.
In other words you're just talking bulls***.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2018, 16:50:53 pm »

Sorry Beds, they are not facts, they are just thoughts in your head.
Ive been watching the Cobblers for years and it would not be a resounding positive response from me if the Club were fan owned.
You are just talking pie  in the sky, you have no figures, no facts and no basis for your theory. You just give a perfect reason  why a fan owned club would not be the correct route to follow.
In other words you're just talking bulls***.
OK, so we've never previously been a community fan owned club so you're right, I have no proof it wouldn't be any better than rotting away under  Cardoza or Thomas, but I can have a bloody good guess it would be a shed load better.
Like you I've followed the club for many years, Ive actually seen us play outside the bottom 2 divisions, I was taken to a league 1 game as a 5 year old, my next game was in 1970 in the 4th division where, would you believe  we are still now 😂😂
You say I'm talking pie in the sky and talking bull5hit, but you present no argument to the contrary, so I have to stick with my assumptions until you kindly tell me why a secretive club run by Northampton town ventures fc with Thomas pulling the strings with his collective of ar5e sucking hangers on would be a better option..Go..
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: