The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:58:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trust Making Bid for Fan Ownership?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Making Bid for Fan Ownership?  (Read 6949 times)
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2018, 14:21:50 pm »

So, either of you want to resond to the actual question ?  If the Football Club requires a cash injection, eg, inland revenue bill, new players, new East Stand, how will a community run club raise the money.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2018, 14:30:49 pm »

Is this really the case? I think the only cash injections we have had from KT are paying off HMRC when he took over and paying off a few crap managers. But does KT take a wage from NTFC ? DC did and I would think there's a fair chance that KT does so that's a potential saving.
    Obviously a community run club would have to live within its means but several Trust run clubs, that are all above us, manage to do that on smaller gates than we get, so it's quite possible to do.

The Trust is only going to get control of NTFC in dire financial circumstances unless that it is the Trust is ready to meeting KT's asking price said to be north of £2 million and that may not include the CDNL lease.  So this topic is currently cloud cuckoo land but fills in a match free weekend.

Reading comments above the view seems to be from a few that with a CEO a la James Whiting in place the club could be run from day to day. Maybe, but I very much doubt that the Trust would have within its ranks the expertise to create a board of directors able to meet the challenge.  I am in favour of Trust representation on the Board despite the sorry Cardoza legacy but majority control IMO needs to stay with investor owners (I accept what Barton says about our present owners in that context) able and willing to grow the club.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2018, 15:15:35 pm »

So, either of you want to resond to the actual question ?  If the Football Club requires a cash injection, eg, inland revenue bill, new players, new East Stand, how will a community run club raise the money.
I'm glad your asking fellow supporters and not Thomas as to what keeps our club afloat, and that's all we're doing keeping afloat, as you may now get a proper answer.
Just for the record, are you one of those who proudly posses a selfie with Thomas and are  fully befriended with him on facebook? If yes you've been had, he pressed a lot of flesh, kissed babies, posed for selfies in order to buy time to allow the organisation he fronts to aquire as much council land as possible. Our club was just a door opening to riches.
Don't feel bad, many others also thought he had the club at heart, I was told a Cobblers fan even named his newly born twins Katie and Kelvin! I bet he now wishes he called them Beds and Cobb.

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2018, 16:03:40 pm »

On what possible basis can NTFC be worth £2m??
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2018, 16:53:58 pm »

I'll reply to you Beds
No I've never had a selfie taken with KT.
No I've not befriended him Facebook or anywhere else.
No I have never thought he was the great saviour.
No  I do not believe he has done the Club to many favours.
I asked questions on that pathetic radio that was just ignored, I don't in any way believe that KT is just at the Club without looking for any reward.

Now can you reply to me,
Where will a community owed club raise money for the reasons I listed earlier ??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 19:16:59 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2018, 16:57:22 pm »

On what possible basis can NTFC be worth £2m??

Cornell transfer value  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2018, 17:54:11 pm »

Cornell transfer value  Wink

I have heard that 2 Championship clubs are looking at him - unable to name source!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2018, 18:38:22 pm »

Is this really the case? I think the only cash injections we have had from KT are paying off HMRC when he took over and paying off a few crap managers. But does KT take a wage from NTFC ? DC did and I would think there's a fair chance that KT does so that's a potential saving.
    Obviously a community run club would have to live within its means but several Trust run clubs, that are all above us, manage to do that on smaller gates than we get, so it's quite possible to do.
[/quote

source may not be too reliable but i am told its 2.4m to date.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2018, 18:51:14 pm »

A few thoughts:

1. We are in L2 rather than L1 due to one key factor: a succession of poor managerial appointments. If we had appointed a half-decent manager when Wilder left (or even when Page and JED left) we would still be in L1; if we had appointed another Wilder-level genius we might even be in the Championship. Would a fan board have done any better on this front? Not according to initial surges of support for Gary Johnson, JFH and Dean Austin.

2. As I've said many times, the current regime funded what is almost certainly the most expensively-assembled squad in Cobblers history: Crooks, Walters, Van Veen, Morais, Facey all bought in for fees; Pierre, Taylor, Foley, Williams all on fairly serious money given the competition we faced to get them. We've spent more than AFC Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Accrington and many more clubs who are outperforming us. It is very unlikely that a fan-owned model could match the current budget.

3. The current youth set up is arguably the best in the club's history. Again, would a fan-owned model be able to match the current level of investment in it? Doubtful.

By all means the trust should look to extend their influence, but not at the expense of the genuine high-level investment needed to take things forward.

Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2018, 19:26:21 pm »

I have heard that 2 Championship clubs are looking at him - unable to name source!

I heard one L1 and a top end Championship side. Should we cash in though?
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Mr Jellyby

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2018, 19:40:23 pm »

Look, the club is going no where until someone takes a long term view and starts to build from it's foundations , the main reason isn't a succession of poor managers it's because the facilities are nowhere near at the requires standard . No proper medical department ,  no proper all conditions training facilities , it's national league stuff . Manager after manager keep telling us so. We have produced hardly anything in the last 15 years MK come along and bang out Sheyi Ojo , Bredan Galloway and Dele Ali right under our noses . Nobody bats an eyelid . I havnt seen any literature from the trust to suggest that bettering the facilities are even on the agenda

Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2018, 19:47:49 pm »

Look, the club is going no where until someone takes a long term view and starts to build from it's foundations , the main reason isn't a succession of poor managers it's because the facilities are nowhere near at the requires standard . No proper medical department ,  no proper all conditions training facilities , it's national league stuff . Manager after manager keep telling us so. We have produced hardly anything in the last 15 years MK come along and bang out Sheyi Ojo , Bredan Galloway and Dele Ali right under our noses . Nobody bats an eyelid . I havnt seen any literature from the trust to suggest that bettering the facilities are even on the agenda

Fraser Hornby. Michael Jacobs. Luke Chambers.

Not top level bar Fraser. Also don't recall one manager moaning about any of our facilities.

Nothing wrong with wanting better but let's not talk bollocks.
Report Spam   Logged
Mr Jellyby

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2018, 20:06:25 pm »

No sure if you are joking or not , none of them have played in the Prem,  far from it in fact . There's nothing Bollox  of about the 3 mk players and we havnt produced one and that we don't have our own training ground . They are facts . I could genuinly name past players that laugh at their time here and the facilities available, one of them an esteemed ex captain . I wont but I could . And anyway , I don't need to, just do a vague comparison with almost any other club to see

But, with respect . I do understand there are many like you , who with the  trust are just happy to continue our 40 year hiatus from any sort of progress and just keep on sacking managers
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2018, 21:24:20 pm »

Still absolutely baffled by the indignation surrounding KT? Around 3 or so years ago the bloke had absolutely no connection with the town or the club (other than he had previously worked with the manager at the time). Having accumulated his wealth through various business interests over the years he invests money in the playing staff, managers etc etc, not to mention a considerable amount of time. Let’s not forget this time also has a value as it could have been spent cultivating other business interests elsewhere? Is it a surprise or something that this has not been done for charitable purposes or out of some instantaneous love for the club? He’s here for one reason only, and that’s because he felt it was a lucrative opportunity to make money based on previous experience. This is directly at odds with most supporters expectations. Think about it, the alternative would be akin to someone on here suddenly acquiring a huge fortune and then going and buying Barnet or someone, and blowing the cash on them out of the goodness of their heart? If outsiders come in and buy the club then they are in it for what they can get, always have been and always will be. Some may be more ethical about it than others, but to expect otherwise is bonkers. The only alternative is if the club is run by the people who truly love it. However, then you have the significant issue of raising the finance at a massive risk to fulfill the supporters almost insatiable expectations. It’s Option A or B, there is no C. You decide, but I tell you what won’t work, sitting on our hands whining and waiting for someone else to do it. That hasn’t worked for the last 50 years and it won’t work for the next 50 either.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2018, 01:49:06 am »

Still absolutely baffled by the indignation surrounding KT? Around 3 or so years ago the bloke had absolutely no connection with the town or the club (other than he had previously worked with the manager at the time). Having accumulated his wealth through various business interests over the years he invests money in the playing staff, managers etc etc, not to mention a considerable amount of time. Let’s not forget this time also has a value as it could have been spent cultivating other business interests elsewhere? Is it a surprise or something that this has not been done for charitable purposes or out of some instantaneous love for the club? He’s here for one reason only, and that’s because he felt it was a lucrative opportunity to make money based on previous experience. This is directly at odds with most supporters expectations. Think about it, the alternative would be akin to someone on here suddenly acquiring a huge fortune and then going and buying Barnet or someone, and blowing the cash on them out of the goodness of their heart? If outsiders come in and buy the club then they are in it for what they can get, always have been and always will be. Some may be more ethical about it than others, but to expect otherwise is bonkers. The only alternative is if the club is run by the people who truly love it. However, then you have the significant issue of raising the finance at a massive risk to fulfill the supporters almost insatiable expectations. It’s Option A or B, there is no C. You decide, but I tell you what won’t work, sitting on our hands whining and waiting for someone else to do it. That hasn’t worked for the last 50 years and it won’t work for the next 50 either.

People talk a good game on here. Seems nobody that shouts loud on here actually has the get up and go to do anything about it. Shame.

Jellyby, there's three groups. Those that don't care what goes on and wanna just turn up and watch football. Those that care but realise there probably isn't a huge amount they can do. Those with some crazy ideas and suggestions, (and some good ones tbf) but never actually do anything. Last two groups aren't that far off each other in both wanting better.

I honestly don't for the life of me know why those that spout so much on here about moving the club forward don't get together and start the wheels moving, nothing stopping them. Nothing. Their hearts are in the right place, some of them are trolling at times of course but not always. It's easy to castigate people with different views, hell I do it regularly! The one thing we should all remember is we all support the same team and generally everyone wants progress.

My real hope is that those that talk so passionately on here actually do something.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2018, 04:26:05 am »

People talk a good game on here. Seems nobody that shouts loud on here actually has the get up and go to do anything about it. Shame.

Jellyby, there's three groups. Those that don't care what goes on and wanna just turn up and watch football. Those that care but realise there probably isn't a huge amount they can do. Those with some crazy ideas and suggestions, (and some good ones tbf) but never actually do anything. Last two groups aren't that far off each other in both wanting better.

I honestly don't for the life of me know why those that spout so much on here about moving the club forward don't get together and start the wheels moving, nothing stopping them. Nothing. Their hearts are in the right place, some of them are trolling at times of course but not always. It's easy to castigate people with different views, hell I do it regularly! The one thing we should all remember is we all support the same team and generally everyone wants progress.

My real hope is that those that talk so passionately on here actually do something.

Hear hear. There are some right sanctimonious know it all's on here always talking down to others for having an opinion, maybe it's time for less typing and more action!

One thing is evident, thanks to Cardoza the club is worthless, nobody with any ambitions of a decent club will come near us with the complications, Sixfields is frankly pathetic.

The only way forward will be for some individual or a group, trust of some kind with real local connections and a pride in the area to pull it together again. Whatever some may think, local businesses, large and small will be more likely to support, sponsor or help in some way if the club is not being run by out of town shysters looking only to pull the arse out of the club and it's community.

DC's plan was so evident to those who have seen it before in business, plough some cash in and talk big, buy the minds of simpletons, you know who you are, wait until the right moment, raise cash on it if you can then sell it all off every last asset, run to the hills and repeat with the next business.

Until this circle is broken the club is fucked. So those here who like to talk down to the others, you had better grow some and walk the walk. Just as KT hasn't the cash, you can find those that have, now get on with it.

Hamster must be first in the queue.

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2018, 19:15:44 pm »

KT and partners did step in when needed when things were very dark. Time has passed by and we have not progressed any further which is a real shame both on and off the field.

D C had the golden ticket of land and finances and for various reasons f ucked it up.  More to come in due course I’m sure. Could have done the lot, made money, paid off debt and walked away a relative hero. But he didn’t.

KT got the club for a song and if you compare it to most clubs the club has a big footprint of land, not including CDNL parcel, that “could” offer commercial opportunity to develop further. Original hotel was at the bottom of main car park.  In addition KT and DB have control of all the land under CDNL leases as we know NBC were too naive to regain control of the land.

KT and DB could probably still do the development of the stadium using cash of CDNL land, make some decent cash off the CDNL land and walk away with most happy. No £10.25 million to repay NBC after all.

Will they do all this or just move on from the club? I’m not a betting man but...

Is the Trust looking to buy in all reality?
Have they managed to register the Asset of Community Value after three failed attempts?

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 21:40:40 pm »

KT and partners did step in when needed when things were very dark. Time has passed by and we have not progressed any further which is a real shame both on and off the field.

D C had the golden ticket of land and finances and for various reasons f ucked it up.  More to come in due course I’m sure. Could have done the lot, made money, paid off debt and walked away a relative hero. But he didn’t.

KT got the club for a song and if you compare it to most clubs the club has a big footprint of land, not including CDNL parcel, that “could” offer commercial opportunity to develop further. Original hotel was at the bottom of main car park.  In addition KT and DB have control of all the land under CDNL leases as we know NBC were too naive to regain control of the land.

KT and DB could probably still do the development of the stadium using cash of CDNL land, make some decent cash off the CDNL land and walk away with most happy. No £10.25 million to repay NBC after all.

Will they do all this or just move on from the club? I’m not a betting man but...

Is the Trust looking to buy in all reality?
Have they managed to register the Asset of Community Value after three failed attempts?

Its my guess they hoped to get far more land than they actually managed, possibly worth several million and use say £700k to do a bog standard fit out of the boxes and finish block work / cladding to fit a function room and toilet block within it, but maybe claiming it cost 2 million.
But With only half the running track secured, they probably dont want to share any of it with the football club?
Hopefully if they can cash in on the land the got, they may allow the club to be taken over as a community run organisation, as the club having such poor infrastructure  is only kept going by the 5000 regulars and sky tv so no real maket value.
Any initial payments made by kt and co to secure the club have been repaid many times over, ie, Holmes sale, Man Utd cup tie, league 2 championship winning season etc would've paid them back and some.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2018, 22:34:23 pm »

Are you going to reply to my question then Beds? Seeing as I had the good manners to reply to yours.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2018, 05:57:17 am »

Are you going to reply to my question then Beds? Seeing as I had the good manners to reply to yours.

You've no chance, he doesn't deal in facts or realism.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: