The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:47:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Creepy Crawleys 8th Dec (A)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creepy Crawleys 8th Dec (A)  (Read 7884 times)
guest2934

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2018, 03:53:16 am »

Apart from a 10 min spell around the hour mark, that was utter gash. Forth Division all day long.

Hiding in the corners for the last 20 mins against 10 very average players who still managed 60% possession. Tells it all.

I hope the beer and pies made it worth going.

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2018, 07:59:27 am »

Hoskins today was industrious, I can think of a few runs down the flanks and won a good few headers.

The only player who didn't cut it today was Bowditch, no idea what he offers and can only assume he played to be put in the shop window.

His industrious every week, just has zero quality.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2018, 09:48:54 am »

Hiding in the corners for the last 20 mins against 10 very average players who still managed 60% possession. Tells it all.

Agreed - we all understand the need to grind out a result but that was painful and I really hope when KC gets the squad he wants and a few more points on the board we don’t see that again.

Whilst we got the rub of the green on some decisions the penalty and red card were both pretty easy for the ref and Crawley’s histrionics probably stem from their Steve Evans days.
Report Spam   Logged
Robas

View Profile
100 Posts Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2018, 11:53:05 am »

Conditions were not very good and it was a day to try and keep the ball on the ground. However, that is not something that, presently, we excel at. This helps to explain how Crawley had 60% possession. Midfield is an area we need to address.

In truth we made hard work of it, although we defended well for the most part. Pierre and Turnbull, in particular, were outstanding.  I thought that midfield looked to have holes in the middle after Foley was taken off and with 11 Crawley might have taken more advantage (they nearly did with 10). Bowditch was largely anonymous, but when he was involved I thought he did actually keep possession quite well.

It was a stonewall penalty, no doubt in my mind about that and van Veen is a very confident penalty taker. I did not see the sending off incident, but when I saw the reaction of Buchanan I thought a red card was a possibility. 

Powell made a bit of an impact as a sub, but could have laid one on a plate for Morias and wrapped the game up , but chose to shoot himself. It nearly cost us.

From a distance I though Taylor got away with that challenge very late on, another ref (Mr Brakespear??) might have taken a different view!

I see the usual Hoskins moaners are at it again. They seem to have a magnifying glass on anything that goes wrong and ignore everything else (including good chasing back, a couple of timely interventions, a couple of powerful runs ending in fouls and a nice cross in to van Veen which nearly resulted in a goal). Still, if and when he is gone, they can spend the next five years moaning about why did we let him go!

Anyway, having got that off my chest, yesterday was again a small step forward. Curle is at least finding about about the players at his disposal and they are all being given a chance to impress (or not).
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2018, 12:00:14 pm »

did did you see super SAMs shot in the first half, went for another throw in, seems to be his speciality.
Quite how he starts ahead of Moaris I don't know.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2018, 12:52:43 pm »

did did you see super SAMs shot in the first half, went for another throw in, seems to be his speciality.
Quite how he starts ahead of Moaris I don't know.

To be fair, Morias has only been available for selection for a couple of league matches since Curle took over!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2018, 12:57:16 pm »

Conditions were not very good and it was a day to try and keep the ball on the ground. However, that is not something that, presently, we excel at. This helps to explain how Crawley had 60% possession. Midfield is an area we need to address.

In truth we made hard work of it, although we defended well for the most part. Pierre and Turnbull, in particular, were outstanding.  I thought that midfield looked to have holes in the middle after Foley was taken off and with 11 Crawley might have taken more advantage (they nearly did with 10). Bowditch was largely anonymous, but when he was involved I thought he did actually keep possession quite well.

It was a stonewall penalty, no doubt in my mind about that and van Veen is a very confident penalty taker. I did not see the sending off incident, but when I saw the reaction of Buchanan I thought a red card was a possibility. 

Powell made a bit of an impact as a sub, but could have laid one on a plate for Morias and wrapped the game up , but chose to shoot himself. It nearly cost us.

From a distance I though Taylor got away with that challenge very late on, another ref (Mr Brakespear??) might have taken a different view!

I see the usual Hoskins moaners are at it again. They seem to have a magnifying glass on anything that goes wrong and ignore everything else (including good chasing back, a couple of timely interventions, a couple of powerful runs ending in fouls and a nice cross in to van Veen which nearly resulted in a goal). Still, if and when he is gone, they can spend the next five years moaning about why did we let him go!

Anyway, having got that off my chest, yesterday was again a small step forward. Curle is at least finding about about the players at his disposal and they are all being given a chance to impress (or not).

Thks Robas eñjoyed yr report! Have added you to the Pantheon of Cobblers Reporters (PCR).
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2018, 13:07:36 pm »

Apart from a 10 min spell around the hour mark, that was utter gash. Forth Division all day long.

I hope the beer and pies made it worth going.

You want to get to a game and enjoy the camaraderie of 499 supporters on a wet windy afternoon . Loser!
Report Spam   Logged

ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2018, 13:53:14 pm »

Following yesterday our points record so far under Curle puts us 6th in the form table:

MK            - 28pts in 11 games
Colchester - 22pts in 11 games
Mansfield  - 21pts in 11 games
Bury         - 20pts in 11 games
Tranmere  - 20pts in 11 games
Cobblers   - 19pts in 11 games
FGR         - 17pts in 11 games
Lincoln     - 16pts in 10 games

Worth noting that 7 of these 11 matches have been against teams currently in the top half, so it hasn't been an easy run of matches either.

We have conceded 11 in the 11 games, scoring 18.

We are 6th in the defensive table for the 11 games under Curle:

MK - 3
Mansfield - 7
Colchester - 9
Bury - 9
Lincoln - 10
Cobblers - 11
Oldham - 12
FGR - 13
Exeter - 13
Swindon - 15
Tranmere - 16
Carlisle - 16
Stevenage - 17
Newport - 19

Worth noting that 4 of the top 7 defensive teams for the last 11 matches are the sides relegated from last season, which IMO indicates our current form is more on par for us than a 'blip'.

Cobblers are currently 5th in the scoring form table:

Bury - 24
MK - 22
Tranmere - 20
Newport - 19
Cobblers - 18
FGR - 16
Lincoln - 15 (in 10)
Mansfield - 15
Carlisle - 15
Stevenage - 14
Colchester - 13
Crawley - 13 (in 10)
Oldham - 13
Exeter - 10
Swindon - 9

Worth noting that similar to the defensive form, 3 of the top 5 form sides are last seasons relegated sides, IMO again indicating that our current form is more on par for us than being a blip.

Also worth noting that we have missed Crooks for many games and Morias has more or less missed the entirety of Curles' reign so far. If these two had been fit and available our scoring record would have been considerably better IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2018, 14:09:51 pm »

Following yesterday our points record so far under Curle puts us 6th in the form table:

Worth noting that 7 of these 11 matches have been against teams currently in the top half, so it hasn't been an easy run of matches either.

MK - 3
Mansfield - 7
Colchester - 9
Bury - 9
Lincoln - 10
Cobblers - 11
Oldham - 12
FGR - 13
Exeter - 13
Swindon - 15
Tranmere - 16
Carlisle - 16
Stevenage - 17
Newport - 19

Worth noting that 4 of the top 7 defensive teams for the last 11 matches are the sides relegated from last season, which IMO indicates our current form is more on par for us than a 'blip'.

Bury - 24
MK - 22
Tranmere - 20
Newport - 19
Cobblers - 18
FGR - 16
Lincoln - 15 (in 10)
Mansfield - 15
Carlisle - 15
Stevenage - 14
Colchester - 13
Crawley - 13 (in 10)
Oldham - 13
Exeter - 10
Swindon - 9

Worth noting that similar to the defensive form, 3 of the top 5 form sides are last seasons relegated sides, IMO again indicating that our current form is more on par for us than being a blip.

Also worth noting that we have missed Crooks for many games and Morias has more or less missed the entirety of Curles' reign so far. If these two had been fit and available our scoring record would have been considerably better IMO.

Is it also worth noting that {(19÷11)×25)}+26=69pts, or not?
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2018, 15:47:05 pm »

Is it also worth noting that {(19÷11)×25)}+26=69pts, or not?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that this forum is full of low-IQ, lack-of-attention-span, rude, window-lickers. Thanks for the reminder. Hope this is much more in keeping with the usual drivel posted on here.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2018, 15:51:08 pm »

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that this forum is full of low-IQ, lack-of-attention-span, rude, window-lickers. Thanks for the reminder. Hope this is much more in keeping with the usual drivel posted on here.

I asked you a question Clarence. No need for that.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2018, 16:28:05 pm »

Good post (ignore the cretins).

Curle's pragmatism is a breath of fresh air.

It will be interesting to see what formation we eventually settle into. 5-3-2 seems to fit our personnel. This is what I'd like to see:

Cornell

Taylor (or + additional CB)  Pierre   Turnbull

Facey (+new RWB to challenge)                                                                  New LWB (Buchs as reserve)

McWilliams/O'Toole            Foley

Crooks

Morais           Van Veen

By this reckoning we need three new first team players: two new wing backs and a centre back to replace Barnett and provide much-needed competition for Taylor. It would also be good if the wing backs were versatile enough to be able to play in a 4-4-2 as traditional wingers if we need to change it up. 

Of course, this is assuming we don't lose anybody....

Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2018, 17:48:39 pm »

Don't care if we played crap or not..

eieieio...

Bring on Stevenage...
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest2677

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2018, 17:58:45 pm »

Good post (ignore the cretins)
Was it?
Regurgitating readily available data with no interpretation is not what I'd call a good post.
I'd call it facile, something a five year old is capable of.

Shall I point out what colour the sky is in Barby at midday tomorrow Bungle, might you find that equally interesting?

I'm pleased you've come to some kind of conclusion in your equally 'sensible' post.
Not one I'd agree with in its entirety though.
Putting Taylor on either side of a three is, in my opinion, asking for trouble, as he would be hopelessly exposed. I'm also fairly certain that Pierres preferred position is on the left of a defensive three, whilst Turnbull is better at operating on either side (or indeed in the middle).
Or have you been a little 'freeform' about your line up, and those three positions just came out the way you typed them?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2018, 18:02:26 pm »

Don't care if we played crap or not..

eieieio...

Bring on Stevenage...
Will We be facing the Revsmeister Doc? He used to be the greatest you know..
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2018, 18:04:27 pm »

MK - 3
Mansfield - 7
Colchester - 9
Bury - 9
Lincoln - 10
Cobblers - 11
Oldham - 12
FGR - 13
Exeter - 13
Swindon - 15
Tranmere - 16
Carlisle - 16
Stevenage - 17
Newport - 19

Bury - 24
MK - 22
Tranmere - 20
Newport - 19
Cobblers - 18
FGR - 16
Lincoln - 15 (in 10)
Mansfield - 15
Carlisle - 15
Stevenage - 14
Colchester - 13
Crawley - 13 (in 10)
Oldham - 13
Exeter - 10
Swindon - 9

Nice work, I was wondering where we would be in the table had the season started 11 games ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2018, 21:06:36 pm »

The last couple of games ive watched have been rubbish, Grimsby, Cambridge and Crawley, change for changes sake, the continued use of Hoskins when morais and Powell look far more threatening. Playing Bowditch in an attacking midfield role was stupid when you have otoole who is most effective there, bowditch added absolutely nothing. Playing this awful type of football, is putting me off, good job it was only £16 to get in yesterday. The standard of this league has dropped from last time we were here and we are a below average league 2 side, without Van Veen we would be boll0xed
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2018, 21:54:25 pm »

The last couple of games ive watched have been rubbish, Grimsby, Cambridge and Crawley, change for changes sake, the continued use of Hoskins when morais and Powell look far more threatening. Playing Bowditch in an attacking midfield role was stupid when you have otoole who is most effective there, bowditch added absolutely nothing. Playing this awful type of football, is putting me off, good job it was only £16 to get in yesterday. The standard of this league has dropped from last time we were here and we are a below average league 2 side, without Van Veen we would be boll0xed

You sound very disgruntled. As pointed out Morais has only just become available, Hoskins is Hoskins and at the moment there is nobody any better except perhaps Morais. In fact by Jan 1st Hoskins future with NTFC may well be in doubt. To criticize the Manager for being stupid in selecting certain players is a bit rich especially when he has got us upto 14th when that seemed unlikely a few weeks ago. I dont how long you have been a Cobbs supporter but the Victory on Sat was very much in the traditions of a NTFC performance ; backs against a wall, raging opposition and equally enraged support. We are not a free flowing outfit not even CW side really achieved that. That kind of performance was very reminiscent of past years when we did well. Only grit and determination will get us out of this Division and beyond.  I do agree that vV is an essential member of the team and hope he stays with us for this season; even if it means upping hs salary to ward off would be suitors.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2018, 22:53:20 pm »

Early on under Austin we were loosing games in which we looked the best team in. Now under Curle we are winning games we look second best in.

All we need to do now is loan out O'Tool to Southend for a bit then recall him to help us secure a playoff place.

Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: