The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:03:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Creepy Crawleys 8th Dec (A)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creepy Crawleys 8th Dec (A)  (Read 7896 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2018, 07:27:15 am »

You sound very disgruntled. As pointed out Morais has only just become available, Hoskins is Hoskins and at the moment there is nobody any better except perhaps Morais. In fact by Jan 1st Hoskins future with NTFC may well be in doubt. To criticize the Manager for being stupid in selecting certain players is a bit rich especially when he has got us upto 14th when that seemed unlikely a few weeks ago. I dont how long you have been a Cobbs supporter but the Victory on Sat was very much in the traditions of a NTFC performance ; backs against a wall, raging opposition and equally enraged support. We are not a free flowing outfit not even CW side really achieved that. That kind of performance was very reminiscent of past years when we did well. Only grit and determination will get us out of this Division and beyond.  I do agree that vV is an essential member of the team and hope he stays with us for this season; even if it means upping hs salary to ward off would be suitors.
Upping his salary !!!
Are you for sure ...
He’s on over £5k a week .....
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2018, 08:24:11 am »

Upping his salary !!!
Are you for sure ...

Is He?
He is under contract until Jun 2020.
If someone came in for him and he wanted to leave there would need to be payment involved.
Increasing his wages would only continue his stay for the wrong reasons.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2018, 08:28:43 am »

Is He?
He is under contract until Jun 2020.
If someone came in for him and he wanted to leave there would need to be payment involved.
Increasing his wages would only continue his stay for the wrong reasons.
Exactly
Plus it would have to be a fee in excess of the money we paid for him .
I don’t want him to leave and also want Crooks and Turnbull to stay who are also high earners .
I’m not sure about the other high earner , Taylor .
KT clearly wants to balance the books though .
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2018, 09:20:16 am »

Back to the thread, on the Crawley board that think that Saturdays ref was the worst they've ever had, obviously Mr Breakspear hasn't been to Crawley !

They don't think it was a pen, or a sending off but they should have had a pen / free kick for when Ash Taylor either "pushed with 2 hands in the back" or "clearly pulled him back" near the end. To me it was an obvious pen, it was right in front of where I stood, their guy didn't touch the ball but totally took out Pierre. I can't comment on the other 2 incidents as I was too far away but for the sending off, it was right in front of the lino and the ref.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2018, 09:39:15 am »

Back to the thread, on the Crawley board that think that Saturdays ref was the worst they've ever had, obviously Mr Breakspear hasn't been to Crawley !

They don't think it was a pen, or a sending off but they should have had a pen / free kick for when Ash Taylor either "pushed with 2 hands in the back" or "clearly pulled him back" near the end. To me it was an obvious pen, it was right in front of where I stood, their guy didn't touch the ball but totally took out Pierre. I can't comment on the other 2 incidents as I was too far away but for the sending off, it was right in front of the lino and the ref.

Agreed, I was in line with the penalty, it was definitely a pen and I believe given by the AR over the comms because the Ref wasn't in a good position to be 100%. I also couldn't see the other two incidents, the TV replay suggests that the sending off was harsh although it was directly in front of the other AR who immediately signalled and with enough vigour to suggest that it was a serious offence (violent conduct). 
The last one; from our end it looked like Taylor had taken their man out and to be fair at the time I was surprised that the Referee waved it away.  It would have been a straight red if he had given it.  It was outside the area so, even though also down to 10 men, it was only a FK which they may or may not have scored from.  They ballooned one over the bar just after from a similar position.
Report Spam   Logged

guest170

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2018, 11:17:30 am »

Agreed, I was in line with the penalty, it was definitely a pen and I believe given by the AR over the comms because the Ref wasn't in a good position to be 100%. I also couldn't see the other two incidents, the TV replay suggests that the sending off was harsh although it was directly in front of the other AR who immediately signalled and with enough vigour to suggest that it was a serious offence (violent conduct). 
The last one; from our end it looked like Taylor had taken their man out and to be fair at the time I was surprised that the Referee waved it away.  It would have been a straight red if he had given it.  It was outside the area so, even though also down to 10 men, it was only a FK which they may or may not have scored from.  They ballooned one over the bar just after from a similar position.
I wasnt at the game but agree with above from watching the replay. Definitely a pen, a bit of 'gamesmanship' by standing his ground and not really moving but cant go through a player like that. Red did look harsh but more i see it the more i think it was. Plus the club tweeted a still of his arm going into Pierre. Taylor for me was a foul, free kick and a red card so we got away with one. But they all balance over the season  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2018, 12:37:41 pm »

Was it just me or did anyone else see that a few seconds before the penalty challenge, one of their players flicked an elbow after jumping?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2018, 13:16:34 pm »

Upping his salary !!!
Are you for sure ...

I said even if!................If (?) he is on £5k/wk then that might discourage a few L1 and some Championship Sides. Perhaps a modest increase on his salary might deter a few more. That may leave just those clubs( a few) who can afford such a salary and £300k fee.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2018, 14:23:23 pm »

I said even if!................If (?) he is on £5k/wk then that might discourage a few L1 and some Championship Sides. Perhaps a modest increase on his salary might deter a few more. That may leave just those clubs( a few) who can afford such a salary and £300k fee.

It’s only a guess , but I wouldn’t think increasing the salary of KVV is on KT’s agenda ...
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2018, 15:33:23 pm »

It’s only a guess , but I wouldn’t think increasing the salary of KVV is on KT’s agenda ...

Grin Grin

Great win though. I was just staggering off of a crazy fairground ride whilst in Copenhagen and my son came running over shouting 'Daddy, Daddy Van Veen has scored'!

I've read the thread in its entirety. I  think its fair to say that these Boothroyd-esque performances/results are (each and everyone) a bonus at the moment. Im hoping that Crookes return (and Morais) plus the fact we are now 10 points clear of the drop zone will mean that the displays start to improve a tad now. But W5, D4, L2 is a bloody decent return from KC's first 11 games. Very decent.
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2018, 17:04:12 pm »

Didn't play free flowing football under Wilder - what a ridiculous comment.
Report Spam   Logged
Spinney cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2018, 17:08:58 pm »

Didn't play free flowing football under Wilder - what a ridiculous comment.
Smiley Smiley :)He must not of been at the away games at Luton,Leyton orient or Carlisle just to name a few.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 17:12:29 pm by Spinney cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2018, 19:03:11 pm »

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/crawley-town/crawley-town-verdict-crawley-town-fans-left-angry-by-referee-s-decisions-1-8734154

Not sure if he should give up his day job just yet.
Report Spam   Logged

REDLETTER

we came,we saw,we conquered.N.t.f.c.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2018, 19:31:07 pm »

Before kickoff a large section of fans took one shoe off and held it above their head,what was the chant?And is the first time that this has been done. Found it amusing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2018, 21:19:04 pm »

Nice to see an unbiased report on the game  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2018, 22:57:58 pm »

Smiley Smiley :)He must not of been at the away games at Luton,Leyton orient or Carlisle just to name a few.

Luton was hardly FF until RH came on! You conveniently forgot about Yeovil, Exeter and Mansfield  - even Dagenham Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:17:23 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2018, 06:09:00 am »

Spinney Cobbler your latest response re the performance of Wilders team sums up for me the negativity about the Cobblers that always emerges from its fan base. Lets get it right apart from Carr's promotion winning side the football played during Wilders promotion team was the best I have seen since I started flowing the Cobblers in the mid eighties.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2018, 06:12:10 am »

Luton was hardly FF until RH came on! You conveniently forgot about Yeovil, Exeter and Mansfield  - even Dagenham Roll Eyes

I must have had too many beers that day then. Because from memory, the first 45 minutes at Luton was the best I've ever seen us play away from home, 3-1 up at half time and it could easily have been 5 or 6. Capped off by the best free kick routine I've ever seen. Your a hard man to please Evers!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2018, 08:37:41 am »

Spinney Cobbler your latest response re the performance of Wilders team sums up for me the negativity about the Cobblers that always emerges from its fan base. Lets get it right apart from Carr's promotion winning side the football played during Wilders promotion team was the best I have seen since I started flowing the Cobblers in the mid eighties.

So you have to make a point about the moaners Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2018, 08:40:31 am »

I must have had too many beers that day then. Because from memory, the first 45 minutes at Luton was the best I've ever seen us play away from home, 3-1 up at half time and it could easily have been 5 or 6. Capped off by the best free kick routine I've ever seen. Your a hard man to please Evers!  Grin

I was upset about the 3 goals conceded  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: