The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:30:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Questions to NBC & NTFC over Sixfields redevelopment

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions to NBC & NTFC over Sixfields redevelopment  (Read 4585 times)
meccanostand

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 07, 2018, 16:31:07 pm »

It has been over 3 years since the Kelvin Thomas/David Bower takeover of Northampton Town FC.

In the spirit of transparency, as advocated by the late Brian Lomax of the NTFC Supporters' Trust, questions are invited of both Northampton Town FC and Northampton Borough Council over the protracted redevelopment of the Sixfields Stadium aka the PTS Academy Stadium and surrounding land.

The questions will be delivered to NTFC and NBC by Steve Scoles, Editor of the NeneQuirer, former Editor of the Northampton Herald and Post.

Questions must come with your name, via Instant Message to this profile on the site if preferred. You can provide a public question in the main forum and your name separately via Instant Message. Names will not be published. Alternatively, questions may be asked via Twitter @nqntfc @thenenequirer.

The NeneQuirer invites questions from any community group with a care for the Cobblers.

Please produce any questions by Monday 10th December. We endeavour to forward all reasonable questions.

It would be appreciated if this thread could be left as a "stand alone" and not merged with any others.

Please label your questions FAO NTFC & FAO NBC to differentiate the two.

Thank You.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 16:48:57 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 20:28:19 pm »

ICYMI include all your questions To NBC or NTFC on the redevelopment of Sixfields here or via instant message or via @nqntfc or @nenequirer on twitter. Some good questions so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 10:00:23 am »

ICYMI include all your questions To NBC or NTFC on the redevelopment of Sixfields here or via instant message or via @nqntfc or @nenequirer on twitter. Some good questions so far.

Are there any new ones?
Just save a bit of time and regurgitate the perennials.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 08:48:25 am »

Quick reminder to get your questions in to Northampton Borough Council and Northampton Town FC on the Sixfields redevelopment. We will also be taking questions on the ownership situation at the club. No names will be shared with any of the parties or published but we ask you to include your name via instant message on this site. Any reasonable questions in the public interest considered.

A lot of discussion on the redevelopment, now is your chance to get your questions answered. Questions by Monday evening please.

Questions below or via instant message or Twitter @nqntfc @thenenequirer

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 12:08:12 pm »

Will the questions and answers be published on here?cheers
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 14:09:06 pm »

Will the questions and answers be published on here?cheers

Yes.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 19:05:46 pm »

to NBC:

1. Do you have a map showing in detail what land is under what leases around Sixfields
2. Did KT show evidence of the £4m he was to invest and was the agreement to write off the £10m loan based upon NTFC finishing the east stand
3. Has KT ever submitted plan permission for the East stand, if not what legal issues have stopped him doing so
4. What help can NBC give in assisting Northampton people gain control of NTFC (both before and after)
5. Have NBC learnt any lessons from dealing with KT,
6. Is the delay of sorting out the leases a tactic to get KT to deliver on what he promised, ie: to finish the East stand
7. Would NBC support NTFC being a fan owned club

to NTFC / KT

1. What plans or even ideas / possibilities (all and any) do you have for the East stand development?
2. What are the timescales
3. If NBC are causing the delays then EXACTLY what do you need them to do and why?
4. What is the asking price for NTFC and what are you selling exactly?
5. Hasn't is really been your intention NOT to develop the East stand once you worked out that NBC / NTFC fans are such a soft touch?
6. see q1 above
7. see q3

Thanks and good luck, you will need it getting any answers from that lot.

I hope a few fence sitters (you know who you are ! ) have the guts to at least ask some questions.

I still hope NBC hold some of the cards and won't just let KT get away with broken promises etc 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 19:51:02 pm »

I’ll help you out and save a bit of time, likely answers in brackets

to NBC:

1. Do you have a map showing in detail what land is under what leases around Sixfields (No)
2. Did KT show evidence of the £4m he was to invest and was the agreement to write off the £10m loan based upon NTFC finishing the east stand (Body cannot comment on individual cases regarding confiidential negotiations between the council and other parties)
3. Has KT ever submitted plan permission for the East stand, if not what legal issues have stopped him doing so (See question 2)
4. What help can NBC give in assisting Northampton people gain control of NTFC (both before and after) (It would be improper to discuss such matters whilst the club is under the control of other parties)
5. Have NBC learnt any lessons from dealing with KT, (There are always lessons to be learned and the councils processes are continually under review. However it would be improper to comment on any conclusions drawn from individual cases)
6. Is the delay of sorting out the leases a tactic to get KT to deliver on what he promised, ie: to finish the East stand (No)
7. Would NBC support NTFC being a fan owned club (It would be improper to discuss such matters whilst the club is under the control of other parties)

to NTFC / KT

1. What plans or even ideas / possibilities (all and any) do you have for the East stand development? (The position of the club is currently fluid with ongoing negotiations regarding the sale of the club. As such it would be improper to disclose any confirmed plans for the development of the East Stand)
2. What are the timescales (See question 1 answer)
3. If NBC are causing the delays then EXACTLY what do you need them to do and why? (See question 1 answer)
4. What is the asking price for NTFC and what are you selling exactly? (Whilst multiple negotiations are taking place it would be improper to disclose such information)
5. Hasn't is really been your intention NOT to develop the East stand once you worked out that NBC / NTFC fans are such a soft touch? (No)
6. see q1 above
7. see q3

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 06:15:46 am »

Submitted my questions.  The more who respond to this request the better. 

Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 06:46:36 am »

To both...
Is the paperwork sorted out now on the various leases. If not when will it be and whats the hold up.

To KT
Why havent you released an artists impression? We know they are likely to change during final agreements but would be close to final design and I think most would like to see something that is 70% correct than nothing at all?

When the paperwork is sorted, how long until we see workers back on the stand? 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 08:21:26 am »

Will anything ever be done with the East Stand while the club is up for sale ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 11:04:00 am »

The questions will be delivered to NTFC and NBC by Steve Scoles, Editor of the NeneQuirer, former Editor of the Northampton Herald and Post.
When you say delivered do you mean email, post etc or an actual interview. I am one of the people who doesnt have a significant issue with KT but do agree with most on here that he often replies to these questions with soundbites or one liners. I would hope that the person asking would then probe any replies as we rarely get times frames and just statements like 'its progressing' with no indication if things are imminent or 6 months away.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 12:21:38 pm »

When you say delivered do you mean email, post etc or an actual interview. I am one of the people who doesnt have a significant issue with KT but do agree with most on here that he often replies to these questions with soundbites or one liners. I would hope that the person asking would then probe any replies as we rarely get times frames and just statements like 'its progressing' with no indication if things are imminent or 6 months away.

Still sorting the format. There will be follow ups don't worry.

Non-answers will just bring more scrutiny to the subject and from wider afield.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 15:36:49 pm »

Best of luck with this Tom; I haven't personally got anything to ask that hasn't already been mentioned. Just dont challenge him to a game of poker at the end of it! 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 19:49:12 pm »

Still sorting the format. There will be follow ups don't worry.

Non-answers will just bring more scrutiny to the subject and from wider afield.
I wasn’t having a pop with my post Mac by the way. Just trying to make a point that it is routine to sleaze around or evade questions and say something that is vaguely acceptable in cases like this.  Whilst their are ongoing discussions regarding the sale of the club, even if they are minor half serious discussions, the “confidentiality “ card can be played around the East Stand. This could go on for years. I have a question for you though. What are you actually trying to achieve from this? If it’s answers I suspect that you already accept this is futile? So is it to demonstrate that KT is evading the truth and try and build pressure on the owners to act? Or is the agenda to instigate some momentum to begin the process of driving the owners out altogether or what? Seriously where are you going with this?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 19:53:22 pm »

Melbourne,  I think you know the answer to that already.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 20:12:17 pm »

I wasn’t having a pop with my post Mac by the way. Just trying to make a point that it is routine to sleaze around or evade questions and say something that is vaguely acceptable in cases like this.  Whilst their are ongoing discussions regarding the sale of the club, even if they are minor half serious discussions, the “confidentiality “ card can be played around the East Stand. This could go on for years. I have a question for you though. What are you actually trying to achieve from this? If it’s answers I suspect that you already accept this is futile? So is it to demonstrate that KT is evading the truth and try and build pressure on the owners to act? Or is the agenda to instigate some momentum to begin the process of driving the owners out altogether or what? Seriously where are you going with this?

Just some very basic questions on the matter no more no less. If you don't wish to offer one that's fine.

Deadline tonight, some interesting questions forwarded so far.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 20:15:03 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 20:25:35 pm »

Instead of developing all the land at the rear of the East Stand for commercial purposes, can some [or all]of this be used for training facilities/ pitches? This would surely benefit the Club long term to have its own training ground adjoining the PTS. It would also limit the substantial costs of removing buried refuse as its on ground where the athletics track and field events area once stood.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 07:29:54 am »

Have I left it too late to get question over?, I would've ask,

Who is making the decisions on what will be actually 'finished ' built or planned as being the very best options
In regards to them being the most future proof, profitable and enabling the clubs growth. Also what will be the real cost as opposed to the highly inflated figures usually bandied about by our clubs owners past and present, of any alterations or new built infrastructure for our club?
Will it be a supporters choice as to what we as end users get from any benefits from surrendered former council land or designs forced upon the club supporters by tbose whose interests are better served by serving up a token gesture?
Question to both parties.
(David Cadden)
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 07:32:48 am »

Have I left it too late to get question over?, I would've ask,

Who is making the decisions on what will be actually 'finished ' built or planned as being the very best options
In regards to them being the most future proof, profitable and enabling the clubs growth. Also what will be the real cost as opposed to the highly inflated figures usually bandied about by our clubs owners past and present, of any alterations or new built infrastructure for our club?
Will it be a supporters choice as to what we as end users get from any benefits from surrendered former council land or designs forced upon the club supporters by tbose whose interests are better served by serving up a token gesture?
Question to both parties.
(David Cadden)

No not too late. Noted. Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: