The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 01:28:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Questions to NBC & NTFC over Sixfields redevelopment

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions to NBC & NTFC over Sixfields redevelopment  (Read 4630 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2019, 23:13:20 pm »

I actually agree with you! The KT consortium came in, and made a promise, that they would complete the stand. There was money set to do this, I’m sure it formed part of the due dilligence.
Yes, there was an issue with the leases but that ran it’s course and was allegedly sorted 7 months ago, yet KT still has no plans, and seemingly no long term vision for the club.

I doubt he is planning to do anything anytime soon, we are cutting costs not spending money.

It is possible that KT etc has perhaps fallen between a rock and a hard place. Maybe NBC will be the real heroes in all this; time will tell!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3086

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2019, 07:21:54 am »

I do not think that is the case at all. KT wants to sell the Club (and devel. the land); NBC wont let him until he commits to completing the East Stand. Fortunately for us NBC are acting as our guarantoor. The dilemma for KT etc is that they have to spend £2 to £4m on the East Stand otherwise they face 'difficulties' with NBC on the land. This probably is the delay in sorting out some kind of deal. All along NBC are acting in our interests.

Is this actually the case or are you surmising as this is the first time I have heard this? If it is true then it is good but why can't they tell us directly?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2724

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:02 am »

I'm just coming back to this after several years of lethargy....and hope that we might get to the championship..

Does anybody know what the leases on the East Stand land require any developer to do with regard to section 106 agreements? Is it specifically spelt out in the leases?

A second question (because I am sure that the first one is easy)...I am assuming that NBC will be the freeholder of the land and will be able to charge ground rent on any development that takes place? Does anybody have any information on this?

Many thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2019, 08:21:49 am »

It is possible that KT etc has perhaps fallen between a rock and a hard place. Maybe NBC will be the real heroes in all this; time will tell!
I agree [regarding NBC]. Why the secrecy over the development of the land? Tell us what it's intended for. It would be ideal as training facilities for the club which would not require extraction of waste to anywhere near the same extent, if at all. I know this won't happen but it is a missed opportunity we will never see again.   
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2019, 08:43:07 am »

Is this actually the case or are you surmising as this is the first time I have heard this? If it is true then it is good but why can't they tell us directly?

If correct then should imagine the discussions might be a little tense.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2019, 08:47:17 am »

What we know so far from information from NBC and NTFC.

The club say they have funds ready to go to complete the East Stand.

But the club also has plans for land at Sixfields including "nearby land under the control of CDNL"

The Council have previously stated that NTFC owners "had given the council assurances when taking on the club that they had ample funds immediately available"

and that

!The council has consistently shown a willingness to facilitate this development and as recently as November 2017 provided draft documentation for the club to consider. The chairman subsequently proposed inclusion of further land, which was not part of the original draft documentation".

CDNL's two active directors are David Bower and Kelvin Thomas.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2019, 09:12:32 am »

These are my own views and without prejudice, the current board do not want to run the club anymore but they still want the ££££millions from the land.
The council hold all the cards with regards to a section 106 which would then put some serious zeros onto the land value, now here's the rub NBC want a cut, quite a large one I am told and KT and Boyer have to "finish" that fkcing awful east stand as part of the deal with CNDL saying they need money from the land to do it hence the stalemate.
In the meantime they are trying to flog the club for a lot of money, I saw the email offering the club for sale that was circulating last year and posted such on here.
The good will and money seems to have gone dry from the Middle East and now we are cutting the opex by £100k per month.
Anyone thinking we are going to sign some quality L2 players need to reset their expectations.
My advice to NBC would be get a good lawyer..............
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2019, 09:23:25 am »

These are my own views and without prejudice, the current board do not want to run the club anymore but they still want the ££££millions from the land.
The council hold all the cards with regards to a section 106 which would then put some serious zeros onto the land value, now here's the rub NBC want a cut, quite a large one I am told and KT and Boyer have to "finish" that fkcing awful east stand as part of the deal with CNDL saying they need money from the land to do it hence the stalemate.
In the meantime they are trying to flog the club for a lot of money, I saw the email offering the club for sale that was circulating last year and posted such on here.
The good will and money seems to have gone dry from the Middle East and now we are cutting the opex by £100k per month.
Anyone thinking we are going to sign some quality L2 players need to reset their expectations.
My advice to NBC would be get a good lawyer..............

There are certainly a myriad of questions to answer. The latest non-update will only bring more scrutiny on this situation.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2019, 10:02:32 am »

#wewantanswers2.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2019, 11:19:00 am »

No supporter should be content with the present state of affairs at the club. Well over years into the present ownership we are labouring in the lower reaches of the bottom division and concerns are being voiced that we may be drawn into the relegation dog fight.

The transfer window is into its 20th day and we have signed one rookie with no previous league experience and as part of the the cost cutting exercise in progress we are selling players who fetch a fee and our squad remains populated by a number of players who are simply not good enough.  We all know who they are and they need to cleared out.  KC appears to have his hands tied behind his back in the transfer market. Before the window he was routinely talking about the jigsaw not being his jigsaw and that changes would be made. Since the window has opened he has been rowing back and now says he won't be rushed into the market.  All seems clear to me - the owners' wallets are shut tight. 

It is impossible to disconnect what is happening on the pitch from the off-pitch situation.  Our owners have done nothing to improve the infrastructure in their time here.  The statement issued last week by NTFC(Thomas) and NBC (Nunn, Candler) tells us absolutely nothing and is an insult to our intelligence.  What I think we are getting just a glimpse of through the thick fog is a re-run of the agreement the Council made with CDNL under its previous ownership.  There will be no benefit to the club and its supporters other than a pre-condition that the East Stand is finished. To what standard and what it will contain only our owners can know and they are intent on not sharing this with us.  Draw your own conclusions.

What is clear is that owner and owner has failed us.  Therefore, the present ownership model is broken and needs to be changed, quickly and radically.  That will take our present owners to leave the scene as regards ownership of NTFC. The danger is we are burdened with another in a long series of owners who fail us.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2019, 11:19:14 am »

#wewantanswers2.
As recently as 2 months ago Thomas  replied to a question in a direct radio interview that the land that is now in the hands of private investors, is not or never was to be used for any redevelopment enabling of Sixfields.
Well thats how I interpreted it, he had to be prompted by the interviewee to answer the question after much skirting around the issue.
It looks like the council's patience has worn thin with the owners lack of activity and any show if plans after 3 long years.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:34:59 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2019, 12:15:58 pm »

I think Beds' confidence in the Council is mis-placed.  The performance of NBC throughout has been awful and is likely to continue to be so.  Consider this - at the time CDNL went into liquidation NBC did nothing to foreclose the lease with CDNL. At that time NBC could have made a deal with the Liquidators to repossess the land. No one would have stood in NBC's way. The Council did nothing it seems and so allowed DB/KT to move in to strike a deal with the Liquidators in the form of a CVA and gain control of CDNL and with it the land for a small sum of money relative to the value of the land.  Contrary to some rumours, the running track area is not contaminated and was cleaned up at the same time as the land on which the stadium sits.  It is the land beyond towards the far fence that needs a clean up.  What is known as parcel 2 (the stadium is parcel 1) is ripe for development. 

The CDNL land could and should all be in the Council's ownership but it is not and I would hazard a guess that what is under way as the "good discussions" is a re-run with variations of the 2013 NBC - CDNL agreement from which NTFC  was excluded as any kind of beneficiary. That we the public/ the supporters are totally shut out from these discussions should send smoke signals to the supporters but nothing suggests to me that all but a few will see the warning signs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2019, 12:33:01 pm »

I think Beds' confidence in the Council is mis-placed.  The performance of NBC throughout has been awful and is likely to continue to be so.  Consider this - at the time CDNL went into liquidation NBC did nothing to foreclose the lease with CDNL. At that time NBC could have made a deal with the Liquidators to repossess the land. No one would have stood in NBC's way. The Council did nothing it seems and so allowed DB/KT to move in to strike a deal with the Liquidators in the form of a CVA and gain control of CDNL and with it the land for a small sum of money relative to the value of the land.  Contrary to some rumours, the running track area is not contaminated and was cleaned up at the same time as the land on which the stadium sits.  It is the land beyond towards the far fence that needs a clean up.  What is known as parcel 2 (the stadium is parcel 1) is ripe for development. 

The CDNL land could and should all be in the Council's ownership but it is not and I would hazard a guess that what is under way as the "good discussions" is a re-run with variations of the 2013 NBC - CDNL agreement from which NTFC  was excluded as any kind of beneficiary. That we the public/ the supporters are totally shut out from these discussions should send smoke signals to the supporters but nothing suggests to me that all but a few will see the warning signs.

Very good statement of fact.

Adding to that, the County Council - as it is at this point in time - is broke, under special measures, and under the central government microscope for all spending.  Yet, is due to be merged with NBC.

All of these factors together mean that there will be no further concessions from said Council towards the football club.  Any future prospects for the club will have to financed by the current owners through whatever "deals" they can achieve based on the club's current assets (at a guess, an empty purse).
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2019, 13:30:51 pm »

Very good statement of fact.

Adding to that, the County Council - as it is at this point in time - is broke, under special measures, and under the central government microscope for all spending.  Yet, is due to be merged with NBC.

All of these factors together mean that there will be no further concessions from said Council towards the football club.  Any future prospects for the club will have to financed by the current owners through whatever "deals" they can achieve based on the club's current assets (at a guess, an empty purse).
Our clubs relationship with NBC post Thomas will be an altogether different beast.
I'm hoping the council dont go all out to appease these latest owners believing its beneficial for the clubs long term prospects,  it won't be.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2019, 13:37:12 pm »

Beds- plan for the worst and hope for the best but don't fall into the trap of wishful thinking that all will be sweetness and light with NBC once our current owners leave the scene.  I suggest you look at the facts of NBC's performance first with its mal-administration of the loan and onwards from there. How those responsible for the known ineptness haven't be brought to account beggars belief. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: