The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 16:29:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

South car park sold and club locked out

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South car park sold and club locked out  (Read 3457 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 15:43:27 pm »

I am probably behind the pace on this but I thought the car park was owned by a Government agency. But like all our national assets I expect it has been sold on and someone in the inner circle stands to make a big profit on the developments that follows. It is a disgrace brought about by the Tories time and time again. As for our club we have obviously been side-lined and so the area around Sixfields becomes overnight more constricted. That won't bother our owners who stand to gain big time from the CDNL land.  We the supporters are being ripped off and nothing is done to stop this.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 17:34:31 pm »

I can’t beleive the current board haven’t purchased it
Surely it would bet beneficial for the club.
Maybe kelvin will enlighten us as to why he deems the athletics ground useful but not the actual away fans car park??
You Would be requured to use money in order to take control of the car parks.
Chunks of Sixfields  running track are free.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 17:43:11 pm »

I am probably behind the pace on this but I thought the car park was owned by a Government agency. But like all our national assets I expect it has been sold on and someone in the inner circle stands to make a big profit on the developments that follows. It is a disgrace brought about by the Tories time and time again. As for our club we have obviously been side-lined and so the area around Sixfields becomes overnight more constricted. That won't bother our owners who stand to gain big time from the CDNL land.  We the supporters are being ripped off and nothing is done to stop this.

The land was owned by English Partnerships, which became the Homes and Communities Agency....but that was actually replaced almost a year ago now by Homes England and the Regulator of Social Housing.

Seeing as this land was never likely to be used for "homes" it was sold off, hence the intention to sell being posted well over a year ago. I'm struggling to see why it has changed "just before the holiday" though.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 18:01:13 pm »

Thanks for the background information GPC but my point remains the same, that a Government agency has sold off land that was community land for profit and obviously to the detriment of the football club.  Similarly, community land once held by our club under a 150 years lease and now owned by CDNL will be sold by our beloved owners at a big profit to them but there is likely to be little or nothing for the club and so its supporters.  Shameful but the silence is deafening from those who purport to represent our interests.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 18:29:50 pm »

Thanks for the background information GPC but my point remains the same, that a Government agency has sold off land that was community land for profit and obviously to the detriment of the football club.  Similarly, community land once held by our club under a 150 years lease and now owned by CDNL will be sold by our beloved owners at a big profit to them but there is likely to be little or nothing for the club and so its supporters.  Shameful but the silence is deafening from those who purport to represent our interests.

Understand where you are coming from....but how far back do you go? How did the council come to obtain the land to build Sixfields on in the first place? The West Stand "VIP Car Park" was always under control of the club, but the gravel car parks have been used on, I guess, some sort of agreement, and we were always second best should a travelling funfair, a circus or suchlike want to rent them.

Sad times, but just the way of the world I guess! Perhaps if it was up for sale for 400k then that was the time for the Football Club owners to step in and buy, then it would have been an asset for the football club.

What next? The North gravel car park goes the same way if someone comes along and wants to build a retail outlet on it?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3086

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 18:32:35 pm »

The owners couldn't care less about the club, I am afraid, other than the profit they can make from it. The peasants need to rise up, raise a claret flag and oust them from the town boundaries. Unfortunately the peasants have been subverted by fear, hence Brexit.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 18:54:35 pm »

Understand where you are coming from....but how far back do you go? How did the council come to obtain the land to build Sixfields on in the first place? The West Stand "VIP Car Park" was always under control of the club, but the gravel car parks have been used on, I guess, some sort of agreement, and we were always second best should a travelling funfair, a circus or suchlike want to rent them.

Sad times, but just the way of the world I guess! Perhaps if it was up for sale for 400k then that was the time for the Football Club owners to step in and buy, then it would have been an asset for the football club.

What next? The North gravel car park goes the same way if someone comes along and wants to build a retail outlet on it?

Hold on. Loads of posters on here think that the owners should just pass the club on without recovering their investment to date and them the same individuals berate them for not spending another £400k.

That sums up why the fans can never be considered sensible enough to run this club.

Just buy it for Christ sake , its available.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 18:59:42 pm »

Hold on. Loads of posters on here think that the owners should just pass the club on without recovering their investment to date and them the same individuals berate them for not spending another £400k.

That sums up why the fans can never be considered sensible enough to run this club.

Just buy it for Christ sake , its available.

?? I didn't say they should just pass it on....in fact I said I think it would take a lot of money to shift them...and that was indeed based on their investment to date.

Under the clubs control it (the car park) would have been a) an asset....and we don't have many of them! and b) a revenue stream. As it is now we don't have either a or b
Report Spam   Logged

Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 19:03:05 pm »

I cannot disagree with that.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 21:20:13 pm »

Closed again for the MK game. Extra parking open opposite the north car park.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 21:44:26 pm »

Closed again for the MK game. Extra parking open opposite the north car park.
And if your feeling fit, the Saints car park will be open.

www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/mk_parking/
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest168

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 01:34:48 am »

i'll say it first......

I can see sixfields being sold off and a new stadium built near the motorway / Kislingbury way somewhere

The more houses built around sixfields (Duston, Upton, Hunsbury etc) the more valuable the land around sixfields becomes. I mean sixfields businesses are almost always busy so will be demand for more.

That is what we should have done with the £10m loan plus help from the land sale.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 10:32:51 am »

i'll say it first......

I can see sixfields being sold off and a new stadium built near the motorway / Kislingbury way somewhere

The more houses built around sixfields (Duston, Upton, Hunsbury etc) the more valuable the land around sixfields becomes. I mean sixfields businesses are almost always busy so will be demand for more.

That is what we should have done with the £10m loan plus help from the land sale.

Interesting theory....based on anything?

Not saying that it doesn’t make sense, but it is a bit ‘left field’
Report Spam   Logged

Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2018, 20:02:10 pm »

If you have a house for sale and nobody buys it, spending thousands of pounds on extra land means you have to increase your asking price... Which nobody has been willing to pay in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
guest3086

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2018, 20:51:19 pm »

Why do you think they built that new road from J16 to Weedon Bec.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 21:01:00 pm »

Why do you think they built that new road from J16 to Weedon Bec.

To bypass Flore and Weedon? They had only been planning it for the last 50 years  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 06:52:29 am »

Anyone heard any update on the car park? Will it be open this season?
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
guest2934

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2019, 10:10:45 am »

Totally agree with Random, they should sell off every inch of the godforsaken land around Sixfields and bulldoze that pathetic stadium, it's cursed!

Build a spanker on Abington Park, great boozers a plenty again, happy daze.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 20:36:03 pm »

They should just move in with the cricket club then the ground will be utilized 12 months of the year.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 07:06:09 am »

They should just move in with the cricket club then the ground will be utilized 12 months of the year.

What a novel idea. I’m surprised nobody’s thought of it ...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: