The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 03:29:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102254 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 27, 2018, 14:31:13 pm »

Lets start a proper thread for all our January dealings in the latest transfer window.

All rumours welcome, even the ridiculous ones  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 14:45:11 pm »

Hallem Hope... Carlisle - standard signing from an ex manager

Ricky Homles (on loan)

Enoch Ebo Andoh (Nuneaton)
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 14:47:29 pm »

Hallem Hope... Carlisle - standard signing from an ex manager

Ricky Homles (on loan)

Enoch Ebo Andoh (Nuneaton)

Are these rumours or just left overs from your wish list to Santa?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 14:49:28 pm »

Ricky Holmes is injured and expected to be out for a number of weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 15:06:19 pm »

so he is currently better than Hoskins Waters Bridge Powell then.....
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 15:09:19 pm »

Was watching Hope last night on the goals on quest and thought would Curle be in for him.
Report Spam   Logged
MunchyMagic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 15:58:27 pm »

Was watching Hope last night on the goals on quest and thought would Curle be in for him.

Rumour has it that we (Carlisle United) are in the crap financially and all bar two of our players are out of contract at the end of the season so if Keith did fancy any of them then the biggest earners will be given the push and you will get them with ease.

There was a funny story when Hope left Bury he went to Los Angeles or somewhere near in America for his holidays and Keith flew out there and hounded him - the story is obviously true as Keith himself confirmed it on the radio, he said that "I ran after Hallam more than I have ever chased after a woman in my life" Cheesy

The bit that angered the fans was the rumour that to sign Hope then we had to sign his apparently 'rubbish' mate Kelvin Etuhu who was also released by Bury - turned out that Etuhu was quality, possibly our most consistent performer this season and would easily average a seven for his performances.

I would not like to lose either or both of those two but it looks imminent even if not to yourselves, Keith likes Devitt and Jones who are also on high money and out of favour (Devitt was swearing at our manager on Saturday even though we won 6-0).

It wouldn't surprise me if you go in for Bury's Adams or Cambridge's Ibehre as Keith loves the pair of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 16:07:35 pm »

Ricky Holmes is injured and expected to be out for a number of weeks.
And even when not injured, he's injured! Has to have regular injections. Despite his quality, appears on the wane and inconsistent appearances as well as performances, is expected to return to his parent club from Oxford Utd.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 16:09:14 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 16:17:05 pm »

Rumour has it that we (Carlisle United) are in the crap financially and all bar two of our players are out of contract at the end of the season so if Keith did fancy any of them then the biggest earners will be given the push and you will get them with ease.

There was a funny story when Hope left Bury he went to Los Angeles or somewhere near in America for his holidays and Keith flew out there and hounded him - the story is obviously true as Keith himself confirmed it on the radio, he said that "I ran after Hallam more than I have ever chased after a woman in my life" Cheesy

The bit that angered the fans was the rumour that to sign Hope then we had to sign his apparently 'rubbish' mate Kelvin Etuhu who was also released by Bury - turned out that Etuhu was quality, possibly our most consistent performer this season and would easily average a seven for his performances.

I would not like to lose either or both of those two but it looks imminent even if not to yourselves, Keith likes Devitt and Jones who are also on high money and out of favour (Devitt was swearing at our manager on Saturday even though we won 6-0).

It wouldn't surprise me if you go in for Bury's Adams or Cambridge's Ibehre as Keith loves the pair of them.

Thanks for the info.

However, there is no-way that Nicky Adams would re-sign for us. He left us to join you at Carlisle and to be closer to his family in the Manchester area, so Bury is where he will stay, unfortunately. We are also trying to reduce our wage budget, so doubt we will sign your high earners.         
Report Spam   Logged
MunchyMagic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 16:39:45 pm »

Thanks for the info.

However, there is no-way that Nicky Adams would re-sign for us. He left us to join you at Carlisle and to be closer to his family in the Manchester area, so Bury is where he will stay, unfortunately. We are also trying to reduce our wage budget, so doubt we will sign your high earners.         

No problem pal.

However we have had players in recent times who wanted to leave as we were too far north and they wanted to be nearer family in London and when they left they promptly signed for Scottish clubs Cheesy

As for reducing your wage bill, I am guessing that a lot of your players are on League One salaries and Keith knows exactly what our players are on as he signed them - our highest earners will be on about a grand to fifteen hundred quid a week, apart from Gerrard who is on more allegedly but his contract is up next month anyhow.

What is the wage structure like at your place mate? - I do know that Keith put incentives into all his signings here with massive win bonuses and clean sheet bonuses so expect these at Northampton.

It worked for us a couple of seasons back and we were top of the league at Christmas - then because we were winning loads of games then the bonuses kicked in to the point that we ran out of money and stopped paying them the bonuses!

To cut a long story short Keith had a rant on the radio saying that people inside the club were against him, the club apparently were in their rights not to pay the bonuses after the players took it to the FA and we dropped like a stone, to the point where we had to win at Exeter on the final day to make the play-offs and we scraped into them.

It was a complete mess and the Carlisle United board shafted him.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 16:48:42 pm »

No problem pal.

However we have had players in recent times who wanted to leave as we were too far north and they wanted to be nearer family in London and when they left they promptly signed for Scottish clubs Cheesy

As for reducing your wage bill, I am guessing that a lot of your players are on League One salaries and Keith knows exactly what our players are on as he signed them - our highest earners will be on about a grand to fifteen hundred quid a week, apart from Gerrard who is on more allegedly but his contract is up next month anyhow.

What is the wage structure like at your place mate? - I do know that Keith put incentives into all his signings here with massive win bonuses and clean sheet bonuses so expect these at Northampton.

WOW  , clean sheet bonus  Shocked wed turn a profit every season if we applied that

It worked for us a couple of seasons back and we were top of the league at Christmas - then because we were winning loads of games then the bonuses kicked in to the point that we ran out of money and stopped paying them the bonuses!

To cut a long story short Keith had a rant on the radio saying that people inside the club were against him, the club apparently were in their rights not to pay the bonuses after the players took it to the FA and we dropped like a stone, to the point where we had to win at Exeter on the final day to make the play-offs and we scraped into them.

It was a complete mess and the Carlisle United board shafted him.

Report Spam   Logged
MunchyMagic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 17:04:35 pm »

That's what I mean pal, the players have to earn it but there is an incentive to earn big money if you are successful - our board bricked it when we went on that winning run and we had ran out of money by Christmas, half way through the season.

There is no better way to implode than when you are top of the league and you reward your players by stopping their bonuses.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 17:20:09 pm »

Yes MunchyMagic most of our players are on League One wages, although they were apparently reduced following relegation. Our Chairman has already stated that we need to bring the spending down in the next two transfer windows, so it will be interesting to see what activity takes place in January. 
Report Spam   Logged
MunchyMagic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 18:24:26 pm »

Yes MunchyMagic most of our players are on League One wages, although they were apparently reduced following relegation. Our Chairman has already stated that we need to bring the spending down in the next two transfer windows, so it will be interesting to see what activity takes place in January. 

We had that problem after relegation with lazy players sitting tight on high wages and Keith got rid of them - Paynter was a waste of space but Dicker divided the fans as he was pretty decent but Keith made them do extra training as they were always coming back from injury and they reported him to the FA.

Paynter by the way was on a fortune and claimed he had nowhere to stay as he was from Liverpool so slept in his car at times in the club car park till he found a caravan out somewhere along the Solway!

Keith got lucky and offloaded him to Hartlepool and he managed to help relegate them.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 20:42:55 pm »

Draw incentives I've heard!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 17:45:40 pm »

Who mentioned (Mathius) that Zaser Kasim has already left the club? He was out doing the warm down with the subs after the game according to Jeremy Casey along with John-Joe O'Toole.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 18:44:38 pm »

KC said after the game he's a few things possibly lined up (regarding transfers)...
Hopefully, some clubs will also come in for some of our players too as we really need to ship some out...Can't keep persevering with the same underperforming players

Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 21:10:21 pm »

Draw incentives I've heard!  Tongue
Very good, Rob!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 12:09:43 pm »

I notice that Karl Henry left Bradford last week - if rumours are to be believed we were interested before he went up there several weeks back. I’ve no idea why he cut short his stay, I suppose it could be fitness related.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 12:33:51 pm »

I notice that Karl Henry left Bradford last week - if rumours are to be believed we were interested before he went up there several weeks back. I’ve no idea why he cut short his stay, I suppose it could be fitness related.

Interesting, we all know KC was in for him previously. Maybe the offer of a longer contract here or elsewhere is the reason he's left Bradford early (he signed a short term deal until the end of January).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: