The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:53:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102447 times)
lordjord

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #480 on: January 09, 2019, 12:55:43 pm »

A Carlisle fan suggested we may be one of a few clubs interested in Ashley Nadesan who has just finished a loan spell at Carlisle for the second time. Pacey striker apparently, Carlisle fans seen to rate him.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #481 on: January 09, 2019, 17:09:54 pm »

Sam Slocombe in on loan from Bristol Rovers?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #482 on: January 09, 2019, 17:44:43 pm »

Sam Slocombe in on loan from Bristol Rovers?

Or Adam smith - they certainly look like they’re going to loan one of them out. Having said that I don’t think goalkeeper is at the top of our list of priorities.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #483 on: January 09, 2019, 17:51:13 pm »

Or Adam smith - they certainly look like they’re going to loan one of them out. Having said that I don’t think goalkeeper is at the top of our list of priorities.
Second top  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2019, 18:18:52 pm »

Here we go...ding ding, Round 2!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #485 on: January 09, 2019, 20:06:06 pm »

Pierre out?  Sad

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/09/por-chase-on-for-northampton-ace-pierre/

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #486 on: January 09, 2019, 20:12:22 pm »

Don’t mention the war Pike ...... I mean goalkeeper
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 09, 2019, 21:42:45 pm »

Sigh!

You just know we'll sell to the first bidder for pennies & omit any sell on...

Meanwhile, Ash (I'm too good for L2 & my form ain't dipped) Taylor will no doubt remain as our first choice CB...
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 09, 2019, 21:53:06 pm »

I think it would be suicide if we got rid of Pierre or crooks - KT has got to tread very carefully when looking to “balance the books”.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #489 on: January 09, 2019, 22:00:00 pm »

Hitc are hardly a reliable source - 9 months ago they were trumpeting that QPR were interested in Taylor!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2019, 08:01:39 am »

Hitc are hardly a reliable source - 9 months ago they were trumpeting that QPR were interested in Taylor!
True...But SportsPete has tweeted the same and he is usually not too far off the mark
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #491 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:32 am »

In other news Crooks to Rotherham may have some legs  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:33 am »

KT and DB might be many things but they don’t strike me as stupid people - it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to deduce that if we lose Pierre and crooks (and replace them with completely untried prem/championship youngsters or over the hill Carlisle castoffs) we will likely keep losing, fall further down the league, fans will become very restless and the anger will be directed to KT and DB. Having said that neither of them are based in this country so the ire will fall on James whiting.
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2019, 10:12:02 am »

True...But SportsPete has tweeted the same and he is usually not too far off the mark
He is not usually of the mark though in this case he is quoting HITC as his source. Hope this has no legs.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2019, 10:47:15 am »

Hardly surprising that clubs are looking at quality players at a club that has to balance its books is it?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2019, 11:07:45 am »

I know that “housekeeping” and “balancing the books” have become the buzz words (repeated ad nauseum in every interview) but KT would do well to look to address the majority of this in the summer when hopefully we are safe and we can look at a new start. The risks of a fire sale in January when we are in shocking form and dropping like a stone are there for all to see (I just hope that KC isn’t too blinkered to realise that we can easily get sucked into a relegation battle).
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2019, 11:12:49 am »

I don't think for a moment it will happen, but if we lost Pierre and Crooks and Van Veen without equal replacement then it would be the worst transfer window I ever remember happening.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2019, 11:25:11 am »

From Curle's point of view though - Even our better players are extremely inconsistent.

The one and only exception to that is Turnbull over recent (unless you count Hoskins who is consistently useless of course)

So from his point of view (I have no idea what Pierre and Crooks are on moneywise) - but lets say a combined 8K/9K a week.

Maybe just maybe KC thinks he can use that 8K a week more wisely and get maybe 4 players in (some of whom maybe more consistent) 

I've said before for the first time in my memory I would not be too disappointed if any particular member of this squad left as none of them are irreplaceable. The issue maybe more the ability to bring in quality in the January market.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 10, 2019, 11:40:33 am »

From Curle's point of view though - Even our better players are extremely inconsistent.

The one and only exception to that is Turnbull over recent (unless you count Hoskins who is consistently useless of course)

So from his point of view (I have no idea what Pierre and Crooks are on moneywise) - but lets say a combined 8K/9K a week.

Maybe just maybe KC thinks he can use that 8K a week more wisely and get maybe 4 players in (some of whom maybe more consistent) 

I've said before for the first time in my memory I would not be too disappointed if any particular member of this squad left as none of them are irreplaceable. The issue maybe more the ability to bring in quality in the January market.

I agree with that to an extent, and there isn’t a single player who hasn’t been inconsistent this season, but if we were to lose Pierre it rips the heart out of our already creaking defence and take crooks out and the creativity goes completely - there is no way that KC would be able to replace either adequately. I notice that KC is urging crooks to play in a more advanced position to capitalise on his creativity but I’m sure he hasn’t been dropping back in the grimes “quarterback” position on his own volition - the reason he’s been so deep is that KC is insisting on this playing out from the back and crooks is about the only player we’ve got who is confident on the ball.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #499 on: January 10, 2019, 11:49:05 am »

I don't think for a moment it will happen, but if we lost Pierre and Crooks and Van Veen without equal replacement then it would be the worst transfer window I ever remember happening.

This sums up my thoughts entirely.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: