The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 05:26:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102257 times)
AbingtonCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #660 on: January 11, 2019, 18:41:49 pm »

The town are going down
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #661 on: January 11, 2019, 18:44:28 pm »

According to some crooks was lazy and useless yet as a result of us moving him we are doomed. Odd.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 11, 2019, 18:47:51 pm »

The town are going down

Slap some talc on your cheeks and snuggle down with a favourite blankie. You will feel better tomorrow at ten past three when we will have witnessed a quick fire hat trick from Hoskins  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #663 on: January 11, 2019, 18:47:58 pm »

Are you seriously telling me he justified what were paying him.

Yes he was the most creative of our midfield, but that says more about just how bad the others are more than anything else.

To be paying 3-5k for someone that turns up and plays once a month is not good enough in my opion.

Compare him to someone like Martin Smith (who would have the same standing in the squad as crooks does presently) crooks us not for the lace smudgers boots.

Let's see what curle has in store shall we?

Glasto, it’s been a pretty sh**y day all in all and the prospect of tomorrow to come, is there any chance we can move away from the fantasy wages game - you’ve already proved you haven’t got a clue of the actual figures. For the last time no one is claiming that he was the second coming of Martin smith but he was our most talented player and one of the few that occasionally lit up the mediocrity. I agree that it all depends on what KC brings in but I wish I shared your optimism on the quality of replacements.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #664 on: January 11, 2019, 18:48:06 pm »

According to some crooks was lazy and useless yet as a result of us moving him we are doomed. Odd.

Yep, lazy, useless, not fit to lace Smudger's boots - but curiously being bought by a team two divisions above us....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2090

« Reply #665 on: January 11, 2019, 18:49:11 pm »

Slap some talc on your cheeks and snuggle down with a favourite blankie. You will feel better tomorrow at ten past three when we will have witnessed a quick fire hat trick from Hoskins  Grin

Very good Ron, made me chuckle
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 11, 2019, 18:49:57 pm »

The reality was somewhere in between. Underrated by some and the same time being overrated by others. He was OK but not the be all and end all.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #667 on: January 11, 2019, 18:50:57 pm »

Did we play and lose a game today?

Just wondered, because of the amount of doom-mongers on this forum tonight. Mostly the same ones that come out after a defeat.

It's the 11th January - has the transfer window closed?
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #668 on: January 11, 2019, 18:52:01 pm »

KC puts it well in his summary, if player valuations are met, then talks can happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 11, 2019, 18:53:23 pm »

A lot of our fans have called the players gutless. Boots on the other foot reading some over the top comments on here from some.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #670 on: January 11, 2019, 18:53:47 pm »

Hope and am sure that he will do well. This will be a massive loss for us.

Looking forward to us investing the cash on new players as I'm sure that is what we can expect  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #671 on: January 11, 2019, 18:54:26 pm »

Good move from KT.
Especially on the business front.
Frees up some cash.
My source has been 100% correct so far.
Next up...JJOT or Pierre?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #672 on: January 11, 2019, 18:55:48 pm »

KC puts it well in his summary, if player valuations are met, then talks can happen.
Surely now Pierre and Turnbull are the only players left in the squad with any monetary value whatsoever and the rest could happily leave on free transfers.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #673 on: January 11, 2019, 18:58:55 pm »

Signing Crooks was a huge coup at the time but we failed to get the best out of him.
Gutted he's gone as probably our most talented forward player.
That said, he's average League 1 and can't see him pulling up trees in a struggling Championship side.
Can accept he wanted to play at a higer level and can accept him going IF the money is invested in replacements.
Given a choice between keeping JJOT and Crooks, I'd want JJOT in this division every time. Don't understand the criticism of JJOT. He was poor last few games but was carrying injury and 1 yellow from a ban.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #674 on: January 11, 2019, 19:04:17 pm »

Apologies if I’ve overreacted - I’ve calmed down a bit now and regained a bit of perspective (like I say it’s been a sh** day on top of a cr** week for one reason or another!). After reading KC’s well balanced interview it does make sense (to a degree) - it’s likely to be short term pain before hopefully longer term gain. Here’s hoping we can pull off some kind of a result tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2019, 19:07:54 pm »

Apologies if I’ve overreacted - I’ve calmed down a bit now and regained a bit of perspective (like I say it’s been a sh** day on top of a cr** week for one reason or another!). After reading KC’s well balanced interview it does make sense (to a degree) - it’s likely to be short term pain before hopefully longer term gain. Here’s hoping we can pull off some kind of a result tomorrow.

Defiantly if you read KC's but on the entire it makes sense and as you say long term gain for a bit of short term pain
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2019, 19:13:11 pm »

I think we'll be in a relegation battle.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2019, 19:13:39 pm »

I bet Ash Taylor is getting twitchy that nowt is happening for him at the moment on the transfer front.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2019, 19:14:35 pm »

Glad Crooks has gone. He didn't put in the effort. Unless Rotherham have got him on a bargain basement fee they have f#cked up badly. We need to get rid of about 5 more now. The only issue is will KT and his mates fork out for some replacements? Personally I don't think they will. Based on the fact that I think he is in an asset-stripping exercise. I can't stand the guy.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2019, 19:15:12 pm »

Will be happier come the summer if we are still in league 2 and can really clear some of the deadwood. Would be amazed if anyone out of contract gets a new offer.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: