The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 11:32:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102266 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #720 on: January 11, 2019, 21:50:51 pm »

Who was it on here that said people on forums know less than 10% of the truth and all the rest is made up or is fake news? If we're losing £100k a month why have we made a bid for a player, according to KC?

We could have got £100k for KVV and £150k for Crooks.....and make a 10k bid for a player?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #721 on: January 11, 2019, 22:22:55 pm »

Just as I had foreseen.

You still here? I'm sure you said you were off a couple of days ago. Do us all a favour and live up to your word and f**k off
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #722 on: January 11, 2019, 22:27:21 pm »

You still here? I'm sure you said you were off a couple of days ago. Do us all a favour and live up to your word and f**k off

Grin Love it and yeah Mannyboyo FO
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #723 on: January 11, 2019, 22:29:51 pm »

We could have got £100k for KVV and £150k for Crooks.....and make a 10k bid for a player?

Wow - that's cute buying!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #724 on: January 11, 2019, 22:40:53 pm »

When Austin got sacked I heard many fans saying ‘it’s a shame you can’t sack the players’. Now we’re getting rid of the players who couldn’t be bothered to fight to keep us up and people are still complainng. Good riddance I say. KVV never really wanted to be here and Crooks (with the technical ability he has) should be dominating teams at this level and far too often he hasn’t. Good player on his day but very replaceable.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #725 on: January 11, 2019, 22:42:34 pm »

When Austin got sacked I heard many fans saying ‘it’s a shame you can’t sack the players’. Now we’re getting rid of the players who couldn’t be bothered to fight to keep us up and people are still complainng. Good riddance I say. KVV never really wanted to be here and Crooks (with the technical ability he has) should be dominating teams at this level and far too often he hasn’t. Good player on his day but very replaceable.

The problem is the lack of replacements so far....That's the key.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #726 on: January 11, 2019, 22:52:20 pm »

If we replace them, all well and good....but we haven't.....yet! And those players are not in the squad to face Carlisle tomorrow, therefore however crap you think they were, our squad for tomorrows game is weaker than it would have been had they been here.

KVV really didn't want to play League 2 football, not necessarily that he didn't want to be at NTFC......if he didn't then why did he make the move and sign the contract? He didn't, and now he's back in League 1.....not bad for a crap player, to actually go up a division that is.

Crooks was, I think, too good for us. His attitude was questionable, perhaps thats because he realised he had a load of garbage players around him" But I saw him dismantle Macclesfield single handedly a couple of months ago, and for me it was the best individual performance by any of our players in any game this season. Good player on his day, and those days were not often enough granted. but good riddance?? Really?

He's left us to go to a team playing two leagues higher than us, and KC says there were other offers too, Billy Waters also says there were other offers for him as well.

I wonder how many offers we've had for Shay Facey? Dean Bowditch perhaps? What about Sam Hoskins?

The squad has scored 33 goals this season. VV, Crooks and Waters between them have scored 15 of those, not far off half.

Anyone who says we're better off.....before they see whether we actually get ANY replacements, let alone can judge the quality of those replacements is having a laugh.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #727 on: January 11, 2019, 23:23:11 pm »

These departures have weakened out sqaud and raised questions about where we are heading, time will tell but if we have anymore outs before any in and they are substandard then serious questions will need to be asked.
Report Spam   Logged
bpcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 11, 2019, 23:40:35 pm »

KvV and MC had to go first, makes absolute business sense... And why panic for their replacements? Does it really matter if it takes a couple of weeks? We're lower mid table, can afford a loss or a draw or two, rather wait and get the 'right' players in...  In KC we trust...   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 11, 2019, 23:46:59 pm »

If we replace them, all well and good....but we haven't.....yet! And those players are not in the squad to face Carlisle tomorrow, therefore however crap you think they were, our squad for tomorrows game is weaker than it would have been had they been here.

KVV really didn't want to play League 2 football, not necessarily that he didn't want to be at NTFC......if he didn't then why did he make the move and sign the contract? He didn't, and now he's back in League 1.....not bad for a crap player, to actually go up a division that is.

Crooks was, I think, too good for us. His attitude was questionable, perhaps thats because he realised he had a load of garbage players around him" But I saw him dismantle Macclesfield single handedly a couple of months ago, and for me it was the best individual performance by any of our players in any game this season. Good player on his day, and those days were not often enough granted. but good riddance?? Really?

He's left us to go to a team playing two leagues higher than us, and KC says there were other offers too, Billy Waters also says there were other offers for him as well.

I wonder how many offers we've had for Shay Facey? Dean Bowditch perhaps? What about Sam Hoskins?

The squad has scored 33 goals this season. VV, Crooks and Waters between them have scored 15 of those, not far off half.

Anyone who says we're better off.....before they see whether we actually get ANY replacements, let alone can judge the quality of those replacements is having a laugh.

Yes good riddance. It might be harsh but I’m sick and tired of these players thinking they’re above themselves. I watched both Crooks and KVV barely fight to keep us in the division last year and all of a sudden because their technical ability is better than League Two they think they’re too good for us. Get proper players in who want to fight for the club rather than those who just think they’re too good for the division. Fans don’t pay £22 a week for you to have a questionable attitude because you don’t believe the players around you are on your level, not good enough.

With regards to replacements let’s wait and see who KC can get in. I’m not saying we’re better off right now I just believe they’re both very replaceable players that I’m not really that sad to see the back of because I believe KC is more than capable of bringing in adequate replacements. You’re always going to be weaker if you lose a starter or two in a window but that’s football. Would you rather KC rushed to sign players in time for the game tomorrow? Some of the biggest clubs in the world have to go a few months with a weaker squad. That’s the way it goes.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 11, 2019, 23:47:16 pm »

KvV and MC had to go first, makes absolute business sense... And why panic for their replacements? Does it really matter if it takes a couple of weeks? We're lower mid table, can afford a loss or a draw or two, rather wait and get the 'right' players in...  In KC we trust...   Wink

Spot on.
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #731 on: January 12, 2019, 02:51:42 am »

To be quite frank i'm very wary of players who can't get a game in the SPL,

We see a few players leave the SPL for the English Premier League and they look a wee bit like conference players, Crooksie for me was poor last season at League One level, i'd be very surprised if he ups his game a couple of levels and nails down a starting place in a Championship squad unless it was a club struggling for money and on the decline.

Lets play some of the youngsters who will work their socks off and get in another loan or two, IMO we are safe from the drop.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #732 on: January 12, 2019, 07:06:13 am »

Am I the only one who read all the story of Crooks leaving on the club website? Towards the end Curle said we have a bid in for a player that we deem to be acceptable.

Presumably this must be a attacking midfielder/striker, so has anybody got the faintest idea of who it may be? If like it to be Jamille Matt, but maybe his value has gone up since the game last week.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 12, 2019, 07:16:43 am »

Don't worry... Nile Ranger is still available.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #734 on: January 12, 2019, 08:05:12 am »

With those that have left we still have a squad of 23 if you only include 2 goalkeepers and not those out on loan. Then if you consider that of these 5 of them are youth team/ graduates and  O’Toole has been/still is injured then the match day squad does look decidedly thin and is not far from being quite clear. Unlike the starting line up or formation!
 Happily see some of the young players feature as I’d expect they will bust a gut to make an impression.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:52:12 am by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest2934

« Reply #735 on: January 12, 2019, 08:08:26 am »

Prepare for another decade or more in the basement, if relegation can be avoided that is.

Shite, stagnant stadium bordering on an embarrassment, owners not interested, better players leaving for a pittance.

Crying shame in such a large town with huge resources, but as long as we have owners who don't believe in the club and it's future, nobody else will except a few of you deluded individuals. I had more optimism about NTFC and it's future when Aidy Mann ran out for the first time at the County Ground.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #736 on: January 12, 2019, 08:19:27 am »

Don't worry... Nile Ranger is still available.

This is exactly the type of player we need to take a risk on for the rest of the season.   
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #737 on: January 12, 2019, 08:23:47 am »

Haha another hard man behind his keyboard, happy to meet up to discuss your problem but I'm pretty sure your a coward.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #738 on: January 12, 2019, 08:27:55 am »

Haha another hard man behind his keyboard, happy to meet up to discuss your problem but I'm pretty sure your a coward.

I know passions are running high. But let's all try to get on, at the end of the day we all want the best for the Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #739 on: January 12, 2019, 08:29:21 am »

Yes good riddance. It might be harsh but I’m sick and tired of these players thinking they’re above themselves. I watched both Crooks and KVV barely fight to keep us in the division last year and all of a sudden because their technical ability is better than League Two they think they’re too good for us. Get proper players in who want to fight for the club rather than those who just think they’re too good for the division. Fans don’t pay £22 a week for you to have a questionable attitude because you don’t believe the players around you are on your level, not good enough.

With regards to replacements let’s wait and see who KC can get in. I’m not saying we’re better off right now I just believe they’re both very replaceable players that I’m not really that sad to see the back of because I believe KC is more than capable of bringing in adequate replacements. You’re always going to be weaker if you lose a starter or two in a window but that’s football. Would you rather KC rushed to sign players in time for the game tomorrow? Some of the biggest clubs in the world have to go a few months with a weaker squad. That’s the way it goes.

I agree with this crazy.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: