The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:48:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102260 times)
Clarity

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2019, 19:42:52 pm »

An hour ago according to Twitter.... Carlisle Jamie Devitt is reported to not have gone with the rest of the Carlisle team on the coach and his car is still at sixfields...
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #781 on: January 12, 2019, 19:49:20 pm »

An hour ago according to Twitter.... Carlisle Jamie Devitt is reported to not have gone with the rest of the Carlisle team on the coach and his car is still at sixfields...

I thought there 17 year old lad looked better than him today.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #782 on: January 12, 2019, 19:58:33 pm »

I don't know, there may be a few calling them after today's win as it's a bit of a nuisance that we've won without the Great Matthew Crooks.
And the great VV! Whose side lost today Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #783 on: January 12, 2019, 20:03:41 pm »

I thought there 17 year old lad looked better than him today.

I agree that their debutant looked good but Devitt is a decent player at this level - he’s always near the top of the assists table and has been playing well this season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #784 on: January 12, 2019, 20:06:03 pm »

I heard the Devitt rumour as well.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #785 on: January 12, 2019, 20:08:14 pm »

Well he’s been tweeting about going again for Carlisle next week.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #786 on: January 12, 2019, 20:18:49 pm »

And the twitter rumour above has been disproved on their forum - as they quite rightly pointed out why would his car be still in the car park at sixfields when he came down on their bus. That said I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing him down here if it’s possible - a lot of their posters think very highly of him.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 12, 2019, 20:42:56 pm »

And the great VV! Whose side lost today Grin

Scunny won 2-1 at Walsall Tony. vV didn't play though.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3245

« Reply #788 on: January 12, 2019, 21:43:10 pm »

The chap that told me we were about to sign Ricky Lambert has just told me we have signed the Carlisle number 10 that played today

Blimey, him & Bunney would keep any dentist busy all year.....   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #789 on: January 12, 2019, 22:24:05 pm »

not sure I not sure if it has been mentioned but there are suggestions that we are in for Nile ranger. Apparently a number of the players have started following him on Instagram and a suggestion he was spotted in the West stand. He has been sacked by 4 clubs which is insane. Lad has huge ability though. Just listening to a podcast with him and he’s saying all the right things, just unsure if he is able to keep the wrong folk out his life.

Could all be rubbish of course!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #790 on: January 12, 2019, 22:27:53 pm »

not sure I not sure if it has been mentioned but there are suggestions that we are in for Nile ranger. Apparently a number of the players have started following him on Instagram and a suggestion he was spotted in the West stand. He has been sacked by 4 clubs which is insane. Lad has huge ability though. Just listening to a podcast with him and he’s saying all the right things, just unsure if he is able to keep the wrong folk out his life.

He will keep local bobbies occupied.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #791 on: January 12, 2019, 22:56:31 pm »

I'm sure it's all a load of rubbish, the club would be nuts to take him on.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #792 on: January 12, 2019, 22:58:41 pm »

Wilder managed to to get the best out of Adam Smith, when no-one would touch him with a barge-pole.

I guess, it's down to whether Curley-Cobblers can trust him.  I know who would win if it came to a face-to-face between Curle & Ranger.... and the winner would not be Nile Ranger.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 12, 2019, 23:20:41 pm »

If KC thinks he's worth a non contract/short term deal then so be it. If he's been training with us then I'd trust the judgement of KC over our mixed bag of supporters. Could be a cult figure for us & public enemy for opposing fans. If he does well for us no one else will want him anyway due to his previous misdemeanors!

Also be worth it just to see the official meme when he scores!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 23:25:25 pm by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #794 on: January 12, 2019, 23:21:53 pm »

Wilder managed to to get the best out of Adam Smith, when no-one would touch him with a barge-pole.

All three players involved in that incident have league clubs, if we hadn’t taken Smith I’m sure someone else would have.
Ranger has done one dumb thing, after another, after another. His record in the lower leagues has been ok but way off being good enough to surely think about taking a risk on him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #795 on: January 13, 2019, 00:35:48 am »

All three players involved in that incident have league clubs, if we hadn’t taken Smith I’m sure someone else would have.
Ranger has done one dumb thing, after another, after another. His record in the lower leagues has been ok but way off being good enough to surely think about taking a risk on him.

The, at that time Manager's son, had his contract terminated, and then spent 8 months clubless before signing Non-Contract with high-flying Barnet.  He made just a handful of league appearances in the next 3 years before being snapped-up by ambitious Macclesfield this pre-season.  He has now nearly trebled his league appearance totals.  Either he was deeply affected by the incident, or, no-one would touch him with a barge-pole, or, he was useless.

Strangely, his father's Managerial career has been less than mercurial since that incident.

The other of the trio had already been playing on loan at Sc***horpe, so, was, not surprisingly, signed by them when he was released by Leicester.  Sc***horpe accepted offers for him at various time during his 3 year stay there, but, he consistently refused to move.  Eventually, he went when they didn't renew his contract.  Now out long-term injured..... (nothing sinister about the dot-dot-dot).

Smiffy, though, is a bench-warmer at Bristol, and may well be about to move to the North-East to get regular football (all-be-it by dropping into non-League).

So, maybe you are right, maybe I'm right, maybe we are both right.

Who can tell what happens when a club signs a "bad-'un".  What is a "bad-'un"?  We all need a "Robin Friday" to brighten up our dismal lives.  But, do we need a https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-memphis-depay-rooney-15158492 ?

It takes a special kind of manager to get the best out of those wrong-'uns.  Wilder did it.  And, I trust Curle to do the same.  Curle will not allow a "<expletive-deleted>" to upset the dressing room. But, there are some extremely talented players out there who just need the right kind of guidance.   

Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #796 on: January 13, 2019, 07:38:09 am »

I don't know how talented he is though. Did he set the world on fire at Southend?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 13, 2019, 09:45:07 am »

I guess, it's down to whether Curley-Cobblers can trust him.  I know who would win if it came to a face-to-face between Curle & Ranger.... and the winner would not be Nile Ranger.

As I recall, it was Smith who had been doing the touching with his barge-pole.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #798 on: January 13, 2019, 11:30:52 am »

I heard the Devitt rumour as well.
Looks like Devitt is going nowhere, but Ashley Nadesan gets a mention.

www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/17344825.star-man-jamie-devitt-going-nowhere-this-month-says-carlisle-utd-director-of-football/
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 13, 2019, 11:35:03 am »

Free transfer in the summer then.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: