The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 08:30:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102262 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #820 on: January 14, 2019, 14:34:26 pm »

So , where are all those on here that said the first thing KC would do in the January window is sign a keeper ?
It’s more likely we get an offer for our keeper

Oh dear hope not. Whats your opinion on this Clarence in Defence?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #821 on: January 14, 2019, 14:38:58 pm »

Oh dear hope not. Whats your opinion on this Clarence in Defence?

AS long as its not Ash Taylor in his defence he will probably keep a clean sheet  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #822 on: January 14, 2019, 15:21:31 pm »

Lewis Ward has gone back - Not that he actually played or even made the bench recently
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #823 on: January 14, 2019, 15:24:28 pm »

So , where are all those on here that said the first thing KC would do in the January window is sign a keeper ?
It’s more likely we get an offer for our keeper

I'm not sure many said it would be the first thing he would do - but have patience dear boy.

It will happen!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #824 on: January 14, 2019, 15:31:10 pm »

I'm not sure many said it would be the first thing he would do - but have patience dear boy.

It will happen!

I think you're wrong dear boy  Grin

Cornell has proved this season that he's good enough and with Coddington and Goff as back up we are fine. In the summer it may change because both Coddington & Goff are out of contract and if one or both are released a new goalkeeper or two will be required.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #825 on: January 14, 2019, 15:48:50 pm »

Lewis Ward has gone back - Not that he actually played or even made the bench recently

Sensible move, frees up a loan place if we should need up and reduces wage bill still further.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #826 on: January 14, 2019, 15:49:15 pm »

Now joined Forest Green Rovers on loan for the remainder of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 14, 2019, 15:55:53 pm »

AS long as its not Ash Taylor in his defence he will probably keep a clean sheet  Grin Grin

Taylor is a much maligned player; did ok for us last year in L1 and is not a bad player. If KC continues to play him then he is a better judge of a player than most on here.The exception on here however is 2 or 3 experts who know better than most of us. Some of the criticism aimed at Taylor is based on a a false percetion; all other issues are ignored. Just a stampede of headless chickens so eager to jump on the anti Taylor bandwagon. The same fate befell Cornell, then Crooks, then Facey, Hoskins, vV and also people forget the criticism which Pierre endured last season.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #828 on: January 14, 2019, 16:06:32 pm »

Taylor is a much maligned player; did ok for us last year in L1 and is not a bad player. If KC continues to play him then he is a better judge of a player than most on here.The exception on here however is 2 or 3 experts who know better than most of us. Some of the criticism aimed at Taylor is based on a a false percetion; all other issues are ignored. Just a stampede of headless chickens so eager to jump on the anti Taylor bandwagon. The same fate befell Cornell, then Crooks, then Facey, Hoskins, vV and also people forget the criticism which Pierre endured last season.

People (generally) will comment on a players current performances, not ones displayed previously. For example Facey. He's been utter useless in recent weeks/months, on Saturday he was superb. When he first joined he was really decent and looked like a cracking signing.

Cornell has totally turned things around and has now become one of my favourite players; you see, thats because in my eyes he's been playing well. When a player is playing badly (like Taylor has) I do not want to see them in the side.

Whatever the reasons, last season KVV was sh1t. Utter sh1t. He wanted to leave. And did so at the first opportunity. He scored 4 goals from open play, terrific.

With regards to Crookes, Ill say it again. The wages he would have been on made him poor value for us. He was incredibly talented but also equally inconsistent; he's not what I would call a '7 out of 10 player'. He's either 4, 5 or 9. That isn't a good thing in my mind.

With regards to Taylor, I've just got to say that 'I don't get it'. I don't get why he gets picked. Last season he was arguably very decent in a lot of peoples judgement (player of the season) but this time round he's been a liability. His presence seems to have a detrimental effect on his team mates, in particular the young ones.

Finally, Hoskins. Subjective. I get that. I like the kid, always have done. But I understand why he frustrates alot of people.

*FINALLY. THIS POST IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, AND NOT THAT OF THE SUPPORTERS TRUST*

Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #829 on: January 14, 2019, 16:46:32 pm »

I was much maligned last year when I said that Taylor was not our best player, his poor attitude and abysmal distribution invited on pressure and increased pressure on those around him in already high pressure situations.

Taylor is a defender where if you put together a highlight reel on all his last minute blocks and tackles he looks world class, but that does not tell the full story. I think he is far from captain material and is often in poor positions. This probably comes form his lack in faith in those around him and feeling like he needs to do it all himself but the crooks of it is we are considerably worse with him in the team.
Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 14, 2019, 16:50:14 pm »

Taylor and Pierre can't play with each other. Taylor improved after Pierre was injured for the season, and now Pierre is looking better with Taylor out the side. That's how I see it anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #831 on: January 14, 2019, 16:53:45 pm »

I think you're wrong dear boy  Grin

Cornell has proved this season that he's good enough and with Coddington and Goff as back up we are fine. In the summer it may change because both Coddington & Goff are out of contract and if one or both are released a new goalkeeper or two will be required.

Cornell is good enough if we want to finish bottom half yes.

Depends if KC wants to write this season off and start again properly in the summer.

If he thinks/wants to have play off ambitions this year then he will sign a keeper either perm or on loan who will allow us to kick on.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 17:48:35 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 14, 2019, 16:57:01 pm »

*FINALLY. THIS POST IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, AND NOT THAT OF THE SUPPORTERS TRUST*

You are self confessed member of the Trust Board; admirable stance. However in my view it is perhaps best to avoid making contentious comments when in your position. You merely incite the more unscruplous on here.
Best to post as a Guest and hope you are not identified. Evil

Your form on judgement of players is no better than mine Shocked and in a few instances worse Wink Other than that thanks for at least identifying grounds no better than Sixfields.

Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #833 on: January 14, 2019, 17:01:10 pm »

Cornell is good enough if we want to Dinah bottom half yes.

Depends if KC wants to right this season off and start again properly in the summer.

If he thinks/wants to have play off ambitions this year then he will sign a keeper either park or on loan who will allow us to kick on.

Have you been on the afternoon sauce again?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 14, 2019, 17:01:42 pm »

Cornell is good enough if we want to Dinah bottom half yes.

Depends if KC wants to right this season off and start again properly in the summer.

If he thinks/wants to have play off ambitions this year then he will sign a keeper either park or on loan who will allow us to kick on.

Decipher please!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 14, 2019, 17:08:20 pm »

I was much maligned last year when I said that Taylor was not our best player, his poor attitude and abysmal distribution invited on pressure and increased pressure on those around him in already high pressure situations.

Taylor is a defender where if you put together a highlight reel on all his last minute blocks and tackles he looks world class, but that does not tell the full story. I think he is far from captain material and is often in poor positions. This probably comes form his lack in faith in those around him and feeling like he needs to do it all himself but the crooks of it is we are considerably worse with him in the team.

I still think he played ok in L1 and QPR supporters thought he looked on the day championship material. You maybe right in some of your criticism; again its all about opinions. Must admit I like Taylor.
Report Spam   Logged

OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #836 on: January 14, 2019, 17:15:17 pm »

Taylor and Pierre can't play with each other. Taylor improved after Pierre was injured for the season, and now Pierre is looking better with Taylor out the side. That's how I see it anyway.

Turnbull and Pierre are way above the level of Taylor. I'd rather see Jay Williams play alongside those two week in week out over Taylor, and he's still very raw and likely to make mistakes - but probably still not half as many as Taylor.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #837 on: January 14, 2019, 17:24:57 pm »

It will happen!
I think you will find a number of people on here said that Cornell would be immediately replaced in the January window .
He hasn’t been and won’t be .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #838 on: January 14, 2019, 17:28:11 pm »

Turnbull and Pierre are way above the level of Taylor. I'd rather see Jay Williams play alongside those two week in week out over Taylor, and he's still very raw and likely to make mistakes - but probably still not half as many as Taylor.
The problem is Taylor is in big wages and no one will match them .
He also lives and travels from Merseyside .
He will be difficult to shift .
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #839 on: January 14, 2019, 17:38:42 pm »

Would be interested to know the record this season with and without Taylor.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: