The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:18:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102831 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #920 on: January 16, 2019, 13:41:47 pm »

Why? Why would he come to us? At his age? playing regular football at his home club? Even if he was out of contract at the end of the year...

Maybe some sort ig deal seeing J J  O'T go the other way?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 16, 2019, 13:43:49 pm »

Why? Why would he come to us? At his age? playing regular football at his home club? Even if he was out of contract at the end of the year...
Just throwing it out there as a maybe. It is a rumour thread.
PS: He's not playing regularly for his team so would be open to a move away... maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #922 on: January 16, 2019, 13:46:40 pm »

Ok so by that logic, Are you going to name every player in L1 and L2 who are not playing regularly (18 games this season with being ill recently btw)
Ill give you till tomorrow, as thats a pretty long list for you to write out.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #923 on: January 16, 2019, 13:50:17 pm »

Or there seems to be a lot of players having contracts mutually terminated at the moment 2 for Wolves yesterday, Larnell Cole at Tranmere, The lad already mentioned from Notts County.

Maybe we are just taking the opportunity to run the rule over a few of these?

If we are going to be in need of players with others potentially leaving it seems like decent practise to me.

Actually Irchy Glasto comment is sensible; of course we should run the eye over available players and I am glad the Manager is broadening his options.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 16, 2019, 13:56:39 pm »

Basically I’ve had us up and down more times than a tarts knickers, what does it all mean?

Grin try cultivating a promising relationship with a Sapphic woman? Remember you are a Cobblers supporter so anything should be popular  possible Cool
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 14:09:55 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3230

« Reply #925 on: January 16, 2019, 13:57:36 pm »

Maybe some sort ig deal seeing J J  O'T go the other way?

Not sure Rovers would want him back going by their opinions when we signed him.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 16, 2019, 14:04:42 pm »

I'm not one for giving up while anything is mathematically possible though.  Grin

Well Richard as a Cobblers supporter it is perhaps wise too err on caution if suggesting a play off place is possible. However we have done it before and no doubt we will do it again. Insert the magic word "hope" more often.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 14:10:59 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #927 on: January 16, 2019, 15:20:12 pm »

Ok so by that logic, Are you going to name every player in L1 and L2 who are not playing regularly (18 games this season with being ill recently btw)
Ill give you till tomorrow, as thats a pretty long list for you to write out.

Any volunteers to write out every ex player that is still playing ? , that could save us some time  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

claretarmy

View Profile
Level 5 Search Combination
« Reply #928 on: January 16, 2019, 15:37:42 pm »

I've just had a look at the last seven seasons in League Two and this is what it took to get 7th place and ultimately a play off berth.

11-12 72pts
12-13 69pts (Bradford promoted, the year they breezed past Northampton)
13-14 71pts
14-15 71pts
15-16 75pts
16-17 70pts
17-18 75pts

So if (I will leave it to the individual to work out how big the if is!) Northampton can find a bit of form there is no reason why they can't get an average of 2pts a game between now and the end of the season. This would put them on 71pts, and going by the last few seasons, 71pts might end up being a top 7 finish.

As this is the 'ins and outs' thread I better mention something about signings. I think that if 70+ points is to be achieved one or two players will need to be signed in this window.

Keep believing!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #929 on: January 16, 2019, 16:00:59 pm »

Not sure Rovers would want him back going by their opinions when we signed him.

I think the reality is that they were more upset that has left them with them being relegated. He had a barn storming year that last year with them scoring about 15 goals. Not sure if there new manager was there as a coach at the time J J was?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #930 on: January 16, 2019, 17:27:23 pm »

Well Richard as a Cobblers supporter it is perhaps wise too err on caution if suggesting a play off place is possible. However we have done it before and no doubt we will do it again. Insert the magic word "hope" more often.

Who is 'Richard'?
Use the usernames provided like everyone else...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #931 on: January 16, 2019, 18:33:29 pm »

I've just had a look at the last seven seasons in League Two and this is what it took to get 7th place and ultimately a play off berth.

11-12 72pts
13-14 71pts
14-15 71pts
15-16 75pts
16-17 70pts
17-18 75pts

So if (I will leave it to the individual to work out how big the if is!) Northampton can find a bit of form there is no reason why they can't get an average of 2pts a game between now and the end of the season. This would put them on 71pts, and going by the last few seasons, 71pts might end up being a top 7 finish.

As this is the 'ins and outs' thread I better mention something about signings. I think that if 70+ points is to be achieved one or two players will need to be signed in this window.

Keep believing!
It would take an immediate run of say 7 straight wins in which to claw back the deficit in which to launch a serious challenge.  So thats 1 down 6 to go!
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #932 on: January 16, 2019, 19:13:54 pm »

11-12 72pts
13-14 71pts
14-15 71pts
15-16 75pts
16-17 70pts
17-18 75pts

Keep believing!

These show that the points tally under Curle so far would have been just about enough to possibly scrape in if it hadn't been for the disastrous first 10 matches under Austin.

I think to sneak in the team needs a little over a 2 point a game average from the remaining 18 matches, so a minimum of 10 wins from those really. Very tough, but far from impossible.

Like you say a couple of signings needed to give the squad a boost and if/when they come in, then who knows what can happen?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 16, 2019, 20:12:44 pm »

Maybe if he knows his contract is not being renewed at Rovers and we have from example an 18 month contract on the table at 33?

That maybe the only reason he would drop to us?
Here's another one. He's not automatic choice anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #934 on: January 16, 2019, 20:22:39 pm »

Grin try cultivating a promising relationship with a Sapphic woman? Remember you are a Cobblers supporter so anything should be popular  possible Cool
Or preferably 2 and live the dream?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #935 on: January 16, 2019, 21:21:34 pm »

These show that the points tally under Curle so far would have been just about enough to possibly scrape in if it hadn't been for the disastrous first 10 matches under Austin.

I think to sneak in the team needs a little over a 2 point a game average from the remaining 18 matches, so a minimum of 10 wins from those really. Very tough, but far from impossible.

Like you say a couple of signings needed to give the squad a boost and if/when they come in, then who knows what can happen?
I can’t believe what I’m reading .
Have you actually seen the points tally since December or how we have been playing up until Saturday ?
We are not play off contenders in terms of form or performances , even before we lost our best two players . It’s not going to happen this season .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #936 on: January 17, 2019, 06:40:32 am »

even before we lost our best two players . It’s not going to happen this season .

arguably our best 2 players....................we had our best result of the season without them both.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #937 on: January 17, 2019, 08:08:39 am »

arguably our best 2 players....................we had our best result of the season without them both.

Agreed , but they were still our best two players in terms of talent .
That’s why they were poached funnily enough .
I’m not saying we can’t be a better team without them though
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #938 on: January 17, 2019, 12:43:53 pm »

I can’t believe what I’m reading .
Have you actually seen the points tally since December or how we have been playing up until Saturday ?
We are not play off contenders in terms of form or performances , even before we lost our best two players . It’s not going to happen this season .

What has the points tally since December got to do with anything? You're choosing this period arbitrarily.

I replied to your post where you said that those who thought the team were capable of promotion earlier in the season had gone quiet, pointing out these stats:

Under Austin: 10 games = 7 points. 28 games of this form would have seen us firmly in bottom spot.
Under Curle: 18 games = 26 points. 28 games of this form would have seen us sitting from 8th-9th.

We have only lost 3 league games from 18 under Curle and are still unbeaten at home in that time.

The teams form so far under Curle would make them contenders for the play-offs, if it wasn't for the disastrous run during Austins regime. I maintain this form is more reflective of the squads ability, and expect this form to at least be carried on for the rest of the season, but possibly even improve.

Very few of the teams in the top 10 look to possess any more quality than us, bar MK and perhaps Lincoln and Mansfield.

As I said in my earlier post it's likely they won't make the play-offs as it stands, but I fancy them to finish on 60+ points and not be far off them at the end. If Curle had been appointed in the summer with the squad we had and still have, I'm convinced we would have been in the top 7 this year.

I agree that VV and Crooks were our most talented players but paradoxically I don't think we'll miss them much at all. Conversely Morias has only returned in recent weeks and still feels like a new signing, so the VV gap already feels 'filled'. Crooks was too inconsistent and in and out of the XI anyway. We have also strengthened the left back slot and it sounds like there are more signings to come. We could well be stronger in the final 18 than in the last 18 games.

And knows what could happen, we might win 8 of the next 10! Much stranger things have happened in football. Heaven forbid someone should be optimistic though, eh?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:49:36 pm by ClarenceInDefence » Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 17, 2019, 13:03:50 pm »

Someone in today according to a Twitter rumour...no name mentioned...could be bollox
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: