The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:37:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102688 times)
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2019, 21:29:08 pm »

but I won’t hold my breath.

Finally, someone takes note of my message.

Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2019, 21:29:45 pm »

We're not in the trenches. We're on about the football pitch. For comparison, I wonder how many more league goals Hoskins, Buchs and Mcwilliams have amongst them?
Hoskins would make it across no-man's land in record breaking time, no probs...it's when he hit upon the German trenches, I'd worry for him!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2019, 22:01:00 pm »

Rather than guessing what KVV used to earn,how about guessing a few signings instead?
Maybe the same reliable sources will have inside knowledge   Roll Eyes Grin
Sadly not .
My first hand contact is no longer around since the changes .
No longer ITK on first team matters
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2019, 22:30:08 pm »

Sadly not .
My first hand contact is no longer around since the changes .
No longer ITK on first team matters

How is Melville doing these days!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2019, 01:46:00 am »

So you know this for sure?
KVV was 100% JJOT was 90% to go

I heard this from a pretty reliable source.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2019, 06:55:06 am »

Lets face it bar a couple of players, nobody has been any good this season. I would only keep Cornell, Pierre, odofin, Williams, Crooks, Turnbull and Foley along with the youngsters as for the rest as I said nobody has covered themselves in glory this season.

As for KVV, people say he is lazy, which may be true but how many times did he chase down and win a lost cause and create something from nothing, he was dangerous when on form and to be honest the only player with any quality he always found a man when he was passing, which most of squad struggle with, he was rarely in the middle where he should be, but I think our lack of quality and form meant he was more useful linking play as nobody else had the quality to do it. He is a loss and I was actually starting to really rate him, but if he was bad egg in the dressing room and didn't want to be here then get rid.

I just hope we lose some of the other big time charlies and replace whoever leaves with players who work hard and can pass a bloody ball.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2019, 07:18:16 am »

Who do you reckon will go today?
Report Spam   Logged
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2019, 07:26:34 am »

To be honest the way the team has been chopped and changed in recent weeks I wouldn't rule anybody out to go today or at any point through the window
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2019, 07:32:45 am »

Who do you reckon will go today?

Nobody, you heard it here first 😄
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2019, 07:38:17 am »

Lets face it bar a couple of players, nobody has been any good this season. I would only keep Cornell, Pierre, odofin, Williams, Crooks, Turnbull and Foley along with the youngsters as for the rest as I said nobody has covered themselves in glory this season.

As for KVV, people say he is lazy, which may be true but how many times did he chase down and win a lost cause and create something from nothing, he was dangerous when on form and to be honest the only player with any quality he always found a man when he was passing, which most of squad struggle with, he was rarely in the middle where he should be, but I think our lack of quality and form meant he was more useful linking play as nobody else had the quality to do it. He is a loss and I was actually starting to really rate him, but if he was bad egg in the dressing room and didn't want to be here then get rid.

I just hope we lose some of the other big time charlies and replace whoever leaves with players who work hard and can pass a bloody ball.

This. KvV was not lazy (this season at least), he just knew when to run. Quality player that unfortunately a luxury we cannot afford at this level.
I feel the same about Crooks if he's on the same kind of money. Yes, on his day, he is the best player in the squad, but his availability and performances are not consistent enough to justify at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2019, 08:08:24 am »

I hope we do not sign Carlisle squad players and KC sticks to his 'energetic style of footballer'. Hallam Hope does not fit that specification!
I would prefer two or three of our youngsters intergrated into the team first and a couple of influencial first team starters coming in.

Then hopefully KC will stick to his best eleven and stop tinkering, plus stamp our style of play on opponents instead of the failed JFH thinking of counteracting the opponents style as the priority!
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2019, 08:19:59 am »

At least we ain't got Melville as head of recruitment now...
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2019, 08:32:59 am »

Rather than guessing what KVV used to earn,how about guessing a few signings instead?
Maybe the same reliable sources will have inside knowledge   Roll Eyes Grin
Nothing from me but I did hear we lost quite a bit [£300K] on the KVV transfer. This is unsubstantiated, but if true, the owners really need to take a look at themselves. The obscene amount of money squandered to pay off JFH has already been discussed. I remember KT saying the club was protected from that dreadful appointment and pay-off, but we are now selling our top earners to balance the books. Doesn't look like we have been protected to me. Certainly more transparency regarding the finances would allay these rumours if untrue. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2019, 08:44:00 am »

There’s a lot of players that don’t fall into Curle’s “ energetic style” category .
JJOT , Buchanan , Bowditch and Crooks for example ....
KVV was quite energetic I thought , and so it was a bit of a silly comment to make because if he now brings in a lump of a centre forward it’s going to be thrown back at him .
KvV didn’t want to be here and KT wanted to recoup the money and pay less wages . That’s the top and bottom of it .
Recruitment is everything . Let’s see what Curle is made of .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2019, 08:44:51 am »

Nothing from me but I did hear we lost quite a bit [£300K] on the KVV transfer. This is unsubstantiated, but if true, the owners really need to take a look at themselves. The obscene amount of money squandered to pay off JFH has already been discussed. I remember KT saying the club was protected from that dreadful appointment and pay-off, but we are now selling our top earners to balance the books. Doesn't look like we have been protected to me. Certainly more transparency regarding the finances would allay these rumours if untrue. 

i can't do the maths, how did we loose £300k?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2019, 08:54:45 am »

i can't do the maths, how did we loose £300k?

Grin

Love it , keep it up Fernando  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2019, 08:56:01 am »

Nothing from me but I did hear we lost quite a bit [£300K] on the KVV transfer. This is unsubstantiated, but if true, the owners really need to take a look at themselves.  
Well Sad Old Git said we lost 65% so that would make the fee we paid around £460,000 !!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2019, 08:56:38 am »

Grin

Love it , keep it up Fernando  Cool

can you? please explain
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2019, 09:02:01 am »

The local Sc***horpe reporter said we paid around £100k for KvV.
Report Spam   Logged
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2019, 09:08:08 am »

This. KvV was not lazy (this season at least), he just knew when to run. Quality player that unfortunately a luxury we cannot afford at this level.
I feel the same about Crooks if he's on the same kind of money. Yes, on his day, he is the best player in the squad, but his availability and performances are not consistent enough to justify at the moment.
He was a better class than most of the division, lack of service and quality around him was his biggest downfall, he wasnt lazy this season by any means, although the sceptics would say thats because he was looking for a way out
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: