The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:58:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102848 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #520 on: January 10, 2019, 16:05:32 pm »

Then why make it up? I suppose I can't blame you when I look at brexit/trump, you can make anything up and get away with it.

Also people saying that Crooks isn't consistant enough. When he's good he's on another level and when he's not he's still as good compared to most. It's League Two!

Call it an educated guess, he'd be on good money at Rangers and would not have taken a cut to come to us. Yes it's lg2 but whatever his wage and you like me are guessing for sure. But it will be more (far more) than most lg2 fotballers. I got one would expect a better return (more consistant)
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 10, 2019, 16:10:44 pm »

Call it an educated guess, he'd be on good money at Rangers and would not have taken a cut to come to us.

Twaddle.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #522 on: January 10, 2019, 16:30:54 pm »

Call it an educated guess, he'd be on good money at Rangers and would not have taken a cut to come to us. Yes it's lg2 but whatever his wage and you like me are guessing for sure. But it will be more (far more) than most lg2 fotballers. I got one would expect a better return (more consistant)

Except I'm not guessing. Or making up numbers.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #523 on: January 10, 2019, 16:36:33 pm »

Pierre is a decent league 2 centre back no more no less  - we have had better in the past and will have better in the future.

You can't believe this surely? The guy is, in my opinion, easily our most consistent performer week in week out - and in all likelihood our best player too. There's a reason much bigger clubs than us have / are looking at him. He's a fantastic centre back for this level - quick, very strong, dominant in the air, reads danger well, can play on the ground (albeit not quite as well as Turnbull), and is a goal threat on top of all that. Him and Turnbull make Taylor look like he should be playing for a team like Kettering (well....). IMO we should sign up Pierre and Turnbull for as long as possible and let them develop a partnership capable of taking us out of the division next season (requires better teammates around them mind). 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 16:41:42 pm by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 10, 2019, 16:37:00 pm »

Except I'm not guessing. Or making up numbers.

Of course your not 😉😉😉
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 10, 2019, 16:40:14 pm »

Honestly, the whole "Crooks doesn't look interested most of the time" line is the laziest of analysis. Yes, he has a very languid style but that is who he is and how he plays.

To say Crooks is less interested in trying/winning than, for example Buchanan, Foley, Hoskins or A.Williams on the basis they either run around a lot or show plenty of "pashun", or both is misguided at best.

This exactly. If we had three Crooks in the middle of the park in our current formation, I believe we would outplay and usually beat 90% of teams in our division. He is a class above this league.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 10, 2019, 16:44:04 pm »

You can't believe this surely? The guy is, in my opinion, easily our most consistent performer week in week out - and in all likelihood our best player too. There's a reason much bigger clubs than us have / are looking at him! He's a fantastic centre back for this level - quick, very strong, dominant in the air, reads danger well, can play on the ground (albeit not quite as well as Turnbull), and is a goal threat on top of all that! Him and Turnbull make Taylor look like he should be playing for a team like Kettering (well....). IMO we should sign up Pierre and Turnbull for as long as possible and let them develop a partnership capable of taking us out of the division next season (requires better teammates around them mind). 

Yes agree he is one of our better player, but look his never played above lg2 (other than half a season with us). Bristol City has him in trail for a month and didn't fancy him at the end of it. Yes he is decent enough at this level but if anyone really fancied him get have gone in the summer.

You watch him leave for a championship club now 😉😂

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #527 on: January 10, 2019, 16:47:03 pm »

I’m hearing that Sam Hoskins is about to sign a 5 year contract extension...

Grin Grin  Thats worth a few laughs in anybody's books Grin

More please
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 17:12:27 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 10, 2019, 16:48:28 pm »

This exactly. If we had three Crooks in the middle of the park in our current formation, I believe we would outplay and usually beat 90% of teams in our division. He is a class above this league.

Why is he still here then??

How come no one came in for him in the summer?

He is without doubt our best and most creative player in the middle of the park, but he only turns up and plays 1 in every 4 or 5 games. He is a luxury type player and is that something we can afford?

I think people sit and look at the current squad and think can we afford to lose him, but who knows what plans KC has going forward
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 10, 2019, 16:49:58 pm »

The reason we are poor at the moment is because of the two full (wing) backs and two wingers NOT VV, Crooks and Pierre!

You have forgotten Cornell.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 10, 2019, 16:59:37 pm »

Honestly, the whole "Crooks doesn't look interested most of the time" line is the laziest of analysis. Yes, he has a very languid style but that is who he is and how he plays.

To say Crooks is less interested in trying/winning than, for example Buchanan, Foley, Hoskins or A.Williams on the basis they either run around a lot or show plenty of "pashun", or both is misguided at best.

Pretty correct analysis. Many of Glasto's arguments are so subjective that they become laughable.I would not like to be in the same Debating Team as him.
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 10, 2019, 17:00:48 pm »

Pretty correct analysis. Many of Glasto's arguments are so subjective that they become laughable.I would not like to be in the same Debating Team as him.

Rich coming from you, thought you'd grown up a big reacently but clearly not!
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 10, 2019, 17:04:13 pm »

Yes agree he is one of our better player, but look his never played above lg2 (other than half a season with us). Bristol City has him in trail for a month and didn't fancy him at the end of it. Yes he is decent enough at this level but if anyone really fancied him get have gone in the summer.

You watch him leave for a championship club now

I think Pierre wouldn't look out of place whatsoever in a Championship team, he has everything needed to make it there. I don't agree with you about Crooks either, that 'he only turns up and plays 1 in every 4 or 5 games' - maybe fairer to say that he plays well for every game he doesn't. I'd certainly take that over the good games ratio of many other attacking players in that team - what about Bowditch, Powell, Hoskins (shudder), Waters, even Morias? How many games do they saunter through before having a real impact? We only criticise Crooks because we place so much expectation on him to come up with the goods as we know he is much better than most of the rest we have.

Playing alongside better players and in a position / system that got the best out of him I think Crooks would be leading the division assists charts. We have to keep hold of our best players!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 17:08:08 pm by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 10, 2019, 17:16:43 pm »

I think Pierre wouldn't look out of place whatsoever in a Championship team, he has everything needed to make it there. I don't agree with you about Crooks either, that 'he only turns up and plays 1 in every 4 or 5 games' - maybe fairer to say that he plays well for every game he doesn't. I'd certainly take that over the good games ratio of many other attacking players in that team - what about Bowditch, Powell, Hoskins (shudder), Waters, even Morias? How many games do they saunter through before having a real impact? We only criticise Crooks because we place so much expectation on him to come up with the goods as we know he is much better than most of the rest we have.

Playing alongside better players and in a position / system that got the best out of him I think Crooks would be leading the division assists charts. We have to keep hold of our best players!

Maybe my thoughts on Pierre are a little harsh.

I think the thing I find myself questioning is so players offer value for money and personally  I don't think Crooks does. Maybe those ITK can give us a better idea of what he earns if 5k is so far off the mark.

The Carlisle fan has already told us that no one at Carlisle is on more than 1.5k and I know that no one at Yeovil is on more than that either (maybe Yeovil is a bad example given there decent performance against us and league position) but you can guarantee its a world away from our wages.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #534 on: January 10, 2019, 17:21:19 pm »

You have forgotten Cornell.
No I have not!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 10, 2019, 17:22:30 pm »

Sticking to the theme and spirit of this thread I learnt today from a ultra reliable source that two offers for Cornell have been received.
Report Spam   Logged

OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 10, 2019, 17:34:23 pm »

Maybe my thoughts on Pierre are a little harsh.

I think the thing I find myself questioning is so players offer value for money and personally  I don't think Crooks does. Maybe those ITK can give us a better idea of what he earns if 5k is so far off the mark.

The Carlisle fan has already told us that no one at Carlisle is on more than 1.5k and I know that no one at Yeovil is on more than that either (maybe Yeovil is a bad example given there decent performance against us and league position) but you can guarantee its a world away from our wages.

I understand the angle that you are coming from but if we are thinking about value for wages in terms of match contribution then surely we need to keep hold of him. I'd imagine if you were to take two out of the players that I mentioned in my last post, they would have wages that amount to Crooks' wages (if that is the case that he is on big money here). We have to have an eye on the future with building a talented squad for next season and if I was KC and had to do some 'housekeeping', I'd be doing my utmost not to flog the calibre of players we would struggle to acquire in the summer. Let the others go and put the youth team grads / prospects in their place on the bench.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #537 on: January 10, 2019, 17:40:07 pm »

Sticking to the theme and spirit of this thread I learnt today from a ultra reliable source that two offers for Cornell have been received.
Apparently one is for a painting and decorating job and the other was in a warehouse  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 10, 2019, 18:04:12 pm »

Apparently one is for a painting and decorating job and the other was in a warehouse  Grin

He is not qualified for either job. Still as always your sources are far better than mine.
Report Spam   Logged

lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #539 on: January 10, 2019, 18:37:33 pm »

You start this post criticising those who say Crooks ‘looks’ disinterested and then you go on to justify why they are right - ‘he has a very languid style’. Strange approach to a disagreement.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: