The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:36:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102502 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2019, 19:16:59 pm »

KC also says they turned down a number of offers for him in this window....stupid other clubs, what do they know, he’s useless, lazy, overrated blah blah blah.

Sounds obvious that clubs know we have a sale on, and I’m not talking about the one in the club shop!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3063

« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2019, 19:18:50 pm »

I think we'll be in a relegation battle.

I don't. Not yet in any case. 9 points isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2019, 19:19:54 pm »

Apparently you can get a signed shirt for 20% of its value in the shop. Well over-priced.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2019, 19:21:46 pm »

I don't. Not yet in any case. 9 points isn't it?

And a game in hand.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #684 on: January 11, 2019, 19:23:09 pm »

If Bowditch was to leave I’d barely notice.
If Powell went I’d only notice marginally more.
Iacifano no one really knows and as he has never dangered the first team despite lower league prolific record would anyone really notice.
Ward might as well go back to Reading if he hasn’t already.
Bunney is as good as gone.
Waters as well.
Facey despite looking like a good signing is now looking a liability, out of contract at the end of the season.
Buchanan is a top club man but a spent force against anyone with pace.
O’Toole is a shadow of the player he was. He’s not even nailing people with any frequency.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 19:29:49 pm by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3063

« Reply #685 on: January 11, 2019, 19:25:00 pm »

And a game in hand.

Yes Ron, and a game in hand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #686 on: January 11, 2019, 19:29:58 pm »

We had 2 players that could make a difference - KvV and Crooks .
They are the only two other teams would fear and they have changed games this season.
Both are gone as the directors recover cash , reduce costs and slim the club down for future sale .
The football is dire and we have signed no one to make a difference.
Where on earth are we going as a club?
It’s desperate and I wouldn’t be surprised if Pierre now goes and we get d*cked tomorrow .
The fans have a right to vent their anger - and it could turn nasty tomorrow
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #687 on: January 11, 2019, 19:32:32 pm »

Iacifano no one really knows and as he has never dangered the first team despite lower league prolific record would anyone really notice.
Waters as well.
Facey despite looking like a good signing is now looking a liability, out of contract at the end of the season.
O’Toole is a shadow of the player he was. He’s not even nailing people with any frequency.

Exactly , the hangers on and the under performers are still here .....
Clear some of the clowns out and it might settle the fans down a bit
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 11, 2019, 19:34:47 pm »

Waters as well.
Facey despite looking like a good signing is now looking a liability.

Cornell has turned out far better than most thought he would.
Turnbull has become a very good player for us.
Pierre has now settled in a after a nervy start with us.
We have some good youth players emerging from an under 18 team that won their league with ease.
Lots of time to ensure a comfortable survival standing nine points and a game in hand of the relegation places.
O Tool will be nice and fresh when he returns (if we keep him).
The weather is very good for this time of year.
I found a two pound coin in the gutter today and bought a jackpot winning lottery ticket with it. I will own the club by Monday afternoon  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #689 on: January 11, 2019, 19:35:17 pm »

At last we have grown some balls and are starting to make the tough decisions. Forget everything else, if a Championship club comes in for a mid table division 2 clubs player you would be hard pushed to keep them. In any event as everyone knows this squad has been a disaster and frankly the more players we can rotate out of it the better. I like Crooks but he represented the main issues with our squad. I.E talented but short on tenacity. However, as some have touched on this is only half the story and the decision can only be judged at the end of the transfer window. As for Rotherham, they must be on drugs, Crooks talent in division 2 becomes average in The Championship and he’s no player for a relegation fight.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #690 on: January 11, 2019, 19:35:25 pm »

We had 2 players that could make a difference - KvV and Crooks

They could, but they didn't.
It won't turn nasty, u forget that this board is only a minority. Most fans will realise that we are shipping out under achievers and bottle jobs who didn't justify their huge league 2 salaries.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 11, 2019, 19:36:52 pm »

Northampton have signed Matt Proctor - a NZ international!
What a coup! Brilliant player, though has a tendency to all too often pass backwards!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 11, 2019, 19:38:11 pm »

Morelike too many happyclappers who can’t see the wood for the trees!

£100,000 a month!!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 11, 2019, 19:40:33 pm »

33 goals scored this season and the three players we have lost were responsible for 15 of them....you’re right, they won’t be missed!
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 11, 2019, 19:40:50 pm »

They could, but they didn't.
It won't turn nasty, u forget that this board is only a minority. Most fans will realise that we are shipping out under achievers and bottle jobs who didn't justify their huge league 2 salaries.

Speak for 'most fans' opinions do you?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 11, 2019, 19:42:19 pm »

What will they do. Put on a yellow vest?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #696 on: January 11, 2019, 19:44:03 pm »

Morelike too many happyclappers who can’t see the wood for the trees!

£100,000 a month!!

Who was it on here that said people on forums know less than 10% of the truth and all the rest is made up or is fake news? If we're losing £100k a month why have we made a bid for a player, according to KC?
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #697 on: January 11, 2019, 19:47:52 pm »

Hope we don’t bring in any new players permanently, I would guess we are the only club actively getting rid of their best players. In this window you’d end up spending silly money on mediocre players.
Would rather see the money saved where it could be used more wisely in the summer.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 11, 2019, 19:53:31 pm »

Hope we don’t bring in any new players permanently, I would guess we are the only club actively getting rid of their best players. In this window you’d end up spending silly money on mediocre players.
Would rather see the money saved where it could be used more wisely in the summer.

100% agree here.
Report Spam   Logged

ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 11, 2019, 19:59:54 pm »

Seriously though who in their right mind - of any vague quality - would sign for us at the moment?

What a ridiculous statement
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: