The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 05:37:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102258 times)
andycobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #740 on: January 12, 2019, 08:36:11 am »

Fire sale.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #741 on: January 12, 2019, 08:44:35 am »

Yes good riddance. It might be harsh but I’m sick and tired of these players thinking they’re above themselves. I watched both Crooks and KVV barely fight to keep us in the division last year and all of a sudden because their technical ability is better than League Two they think they’re too good for us. Get proper players in who want to fight for the club rather than those who just think they’re too good for the division. Fans don’t pay £22 a week for you to have a questionable attitude because you don’t believe the players around you are on your level, not good enough.

With regards to replacements let’s wait and see who KC can get in. I’m not saying we’re better off right now I just believe they’re both very replaceable players that I’m not really that sad to see the back of because I believe KC is more than capable of bringing in adequate replacements. You’re always going to be weaker if you lose a starter or two in a window but that’s football. Would you rather KC rushed to sign players in time for the game tomorrow? Some of the biggest clubs in the world have to go a few months with a weaker squad. That’s the way it goes.

Spot on
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #742 on: January 12, 2019, 09:53:19 am »

Haha another hard man behind his keyboard, happy to meet up to discuss your problem but I'm pretty sure your a coward.

You also sound like a hard man behind your keyboard.
Amazing what the reality is though isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #743 on: January 12, 2019, 09:57:36 am »

Haha another hard man behind his keyboard, happy to meet up to discuss your problem but I'm pretty sure your a coward.

First of all I apologise your swearing. That was out of order. It was however you who said "im off" and then didnt. You should stick to your word but as I opened up we all say something we shouldn't do.

With regard to discussing with you, I am more than happy.  I believe you can private message on here so if you want to send me your details please do.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:59:46 am by Another Pedj » Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #744 on: January 12, 2019, 10:00:30 am »

Fan ownership!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #745 on: January 12, 2019, 10:15:49 am »

First of all I apologise your swearing. That was out of order. It was however you who said "im off" and then didnt. You should stick to your word but as I opened up we all say something we shouldn't do.

With regard to discussing with you, I am more than happy.  I believe you can private message on here so if you want to send me your details please do.
I accept your apologie at the end of the day we probably all want the same thing
I wasn’t talking about leaving the sire.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #746 on: January 12, 2019, 10:17:59 am »

You also sound like a hard man behind your keyboard.
Amazing what the reality is though isn't it?
You can fcuk off as well 😄😄😄
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 12, 2019, 10:20:39 am »

I accept your apologie at the end of the day we probably all want the same thing

Ok thats fine.I think we do all want the same thing on here but there are so many different opinions as to how. That is ,in my opinion, why a fans led takeover will never work.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #748 on: January 12, 2019, 10:23:02 am »

Ok thats fine.I think we do all want the same thing on here but there are so many different opinions as to how. That is ,in my opinion, why a fans led takeover will never work.
I'll say it again, it WILL NOT be the fans running the club, professionals will be in place.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #749 on: January 12, 2019, 10:41:57 am »

You forgot to state your master plan?
Don't tell us what wont work then not offer an alternative.
What we can all agree on Thomas and Cardoza didnt work, but now all the land has gone we should be safe from any more land speculators.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: January 12, 2019, 10:52:03 am »

I have no master plan or indeed nor does anyone else.  I am happy with the status quo until something does.  Ww are losing a lot of money but the present owners at least have the ability to keep it finances for as long as they choose.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #751 on: January 12, 2019, 11:07:35 am »

I have no master plan or indeed nor does anyone else.  I am happy with the status quo until something does.  Ww are losing a lot of money but the present owners at least have the ability to keep it finances for as long as they choose.
It is they who created the shortfall by getting us relegated from league 1 and doing nothing about our archaic infrastructure, so that's £1.5m in lost L1 revenues and another £200,000 per season, so theres another 600k lost on the lack of development of corporate boxes and counting.
To add insult to injury  our team has now been decimated and we are in a relegation fight to retain our 100 year league status!
Operating on a shoestring budget can hardly be described as 'looking after the finances'
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #752 on: January 12, 2019, 11:09:35 am »

It is they who created the shortfall by getting us relegated from league 1 and doing nothing about our archaic infrastructure, so that's £1.5m in lost L1 revenues and another £200,000 per season, so theres another 600k lost on the lack of development of corporate boxes and counting.
To add insult to injury  our team has now been decimated and we are in a relegation fight to retain our 100 year league status!
Operating on a shoestring budget can hardly be described as 'looking after the finances'

You're quoting figures as facts again, you've been warned about that...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:59 am »

You have gone down in my estimations! I expected a fully blown windmill fighting encounter on the concourse at half time to offer a very needed alternative to the inane skip nonsense.

I would have even held your pie for safekeeping!  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #754 on: January 12, 2019, 11:27:34 am »

Like KVV, Crooks is a player whose undoubted technical ability and moments of occasional mercurial brilliance has disguised a lack of consistent end product.

Macclesfield aside, in how many games has he truly 'bossed' the midfield against L2 opposition? As others have said, too often he has simply 'gone missing' from games and for a supposedly Championship-level midfielder playing in L2 that isn't really good enough.

In addition, one of the big issues with him, I think, is that none of our managers really knew where to play him. Is he best as a deep-lying playmaker, as the furthest forward in a three in a 5-3-2 or as one of the two in a 4-4-2 or as a number 10? I would say that this ambiguity about how to best accommodate Crooks is the main reason why successive managers have failed to establish a consistent formation. Hopefully now he is gone Curle can establish a consistent midfield in which everyone is clear on their role and JJOT is able to shine.

Wilder always recruited players based on character in addition to ability. Page, JED and JFH all failed to do this and that is one of the main reasons why we are where we are. Hopefully Curle will buck this trend and recruit replacements with the stomach for the fight.

Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 12, 2019, 11:35:24 am »

Any danger of some actual rumours on this thread?
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 12, 2019, 11:44:08 am »

I just find it amazing for the last two years everyone has moaned about the prima donnas pulling on a cobblers shirt and now we have sold to of them...players who clearly didn't want to be at the club your all moaning about that. Apparently...and I say this with a pinch of salt because I am not in the know..but both deals were pretty decent ones for the club..we certainly would have not got anywhere near the money we got for them now in the summer when they would have definitely left anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #757 on: January 12, 2019, 12:05:39 pm »

I just find it amazing for the last two years everyone has moaned about the prima donnas pulling on a cobblers shirt and now we have sold to of them...players who clearly didn't want to be at the club your all moaning about that. Apparently...and I say this with a pinch of salt because I am not in the know..but both deals were pretty decent ones for the club..we certainly would have not got anywhere near the money we got for them now in the summer when they would have definitely left anyway.
The problem is the players left at the club with the exception of Pierre and Turnbull are very poor. Whatever you think of think of VV and Crooks there was end product, 16 goals and a good number of assists. Compared with the headless chicken Hoskins and the barely noticeable Bowditch who both have practically zero end product. I won’t hold my breath on new players coming in as despite the usual ‘what a good signing’ that greets every new arrival chances are they will be as inept as the majority of the current players.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #758 on: January 12, 2019, 12:20:21 pm »

Any danger of some actual rumours on this thread?

I haven’t submitted a transfer request.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #759 on: January 12, 2019, 12:28:19 pm »

We could have got £100k for KVV and £150k for Crooks.....and make a 10k bid for a player?

Apparently we got more than 150k for Crooks
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: