The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:14:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102559 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #840 on: January 14, 2019, 17:47:12 pm »

I think you will find a number of people on here said that Cornell would be immediately replaced in the January window .
He hasn’t been and won’t be .

Well I can't remeber anyone saying it would happen straight away.

But the only reason Curle would not replace him in the next 14 says is if he has already written this season off, this having a proper go in the summer.

Report Spam   Logged
RowN

View Profile
Level 5 Eighth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #841 on: January 14, 2019, 18:08:09 pm »

I don’t post here often, because I can’t be arsed with some of the childish comments which I often read here. We are ARE all Cobblers supporters, so should get on which each other, for the good of the club, without resorting to names, or the my opinion is better than yours one..

Anyway, for me personally, the downward spiral from Wilders achievements was when we signed Taylor. If I recall correctly wasn’t he Page’s first new signee after that Era?? Anyway he isn’t good enough and he was in the team which was relegated. Also funny our form dipped immediately he came back into the squad this season. Worst piece of defending (as an ex defender) I have ever seen from him was in 1game, when he left an attacking player in front of him, to run back to the goal line, to get back into position!!

I also,think it is not a coincidence that our form now has now gone back up now he isn’t playing??

KC needs to get rid ASAP..

Obviously a player who causes more problems, I believe than what he solves??
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #842 on: January 14, 2019, 18:11:18 pm »

I was much maligned last year when I said that Taylor was not our best player, his poor attitude and abysmal distribution invited on pressure and increased pressure on those around him in already high pressure situations.

Taylor is a defender where if you put together a highlight reel on all his last minute blocks and tackles he looks world class, but that does not tell the full story. I think he is far from captain material and is often in poor positions. This probably comes form his lack in faith in those around him and feeling like he needs to do it all himself but the crooks of it is we are considerably worse with him in the team.

The above may not be true, but it is the way I feel. He definitely seems to unsettle the players around him, and I generally feel more confident going into games where he isn't on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #843 on: January 14, 2019, 18:14:33 pm »

So is this why he was voted player of the season last season?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #844 on: January 14, 2019, 18:37:43 pm »

I don’t post here often, because I can’t be arsed with some of the childish comments which I often read here. We are ARE all Cobblers supporters, so should get on which each other, for the good of the club, without resorting to names, or the my opinion is better than yours one..

Anyway, for me personally, the downward spiral from Wilders achievements was when we signed Taylor. If I recall correctly wasn’t he Page’s first new signee after that Era?? Anyway he isn’t good enough and he was in the team which was relegated. Also funny our form dipped immediately he came back into the squad this season. Worst piece of defending (as an ex defender) I have ever seen from him was in 1game, when he left an attacking player in front of him, to run back to the goal line, to get back into position!!

I also,think it is not a coincidence that our form now has now gone back up now he isn’t playing??

KC needs to get rid ASAP..

Obviously a player who causes more problems, I believe than what he solves??

Taylor was signed in the summer of 2017 by Justin Edinburgh.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 14, 2019, 19:25:35 pm »

A goalkeeper or centre back always win player of the season in a relegation season. I dare say odonnell or Ingram would've walked it if they played as many matches.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #846 on: January 14, 2019, 19:39:21 pm »

Well I can't remeber anyone saying it would happen straight away.

But the only reason Curle would not replace him in the next 14 says is if he has already written this season off, this having a proper go in the summer.

Hilarious back tracking .
Where are all the others hiding in the woodwork that were so sure KC would replace our keeper ?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 14, 2019, 19:53:24 pm »

Hilarious back tracking .
Where are all the others hiding in the woodwork that were so sure KC would replace our keeper ?

Not at all!

Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 14, 2019, 20:51:52 pm »

So , where are all those on here that said the first thing KC would do in the January window is sign a keeper ?
It’s more likely we get an offer for our keeper

😂😂😂 Get an offer for him!!! 😂😂😂

Brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #849 on: January 14, 2019, 21:12:57 pm »

Precisely - I reckon the sms* has struck a few on here.

*short memory syndrome.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 14, 2019, 21:21:37 pm »

Brilliant.

He's back Frank! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #851 on: January 14, 2019, 21:28:36 pm »

*short memory syndrome.

I called him a poor mans Zakuani last year ans was slated for it. I dont think je was anywhere near our best player, i think he invited pressure and unsettled the defence.

He was player of the season because him shouting at the defence shows he cares.
Report Spam   Logged

Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #852 on: January 14, 2019, 21:42:15 pm »

I do remember the big sorry was that someone would poach him in the summer, and everyone was desperate to get rid of Van Veen, time does really change perspective. He's done a reverse Langmead.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 14, 2019, 22:11:18 pm »

Brilliant.

Well I did here Brackley were after s back up keeper, so you never know 😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #854 on: January 14, 2019, 22:27:41 pm »

*short memory syndrome.

Are there any first team players that you don't think are good enough to play for the Cobblers currently Evers? This is not a dig, just find your perpetual positivity intriguing!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 14, 2019, 22:43:56 pm »

Are there any first team players that you don't think are good enough to play for the Cobblers currently Evers? This is not a dig, just find your perpetual positivity intriguing!

After Sat none - it would be churlish to knock any player.
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #856 on: January 15, 2019, 08:28:05 am »

Would be interested to know the record this season with and without Taylor.

I believe that since Curle arrived...

Games Taylor started...…...
P12 W1 D7 L4
Goals for 13
Goals Against 17

Games Taylor didn't start...
P11 W7 D2 L2
Goals for 23
Goals Against 10
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #857 on: January 15, 2019, 09:00:17 am »

P12 W1 D7 L4
Goals for 13
Goals Against 17

P11 W7 D2 L2
Goals for 23
Goals Against 10

Wow that is incredible!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #858 on: January 15, 2019, 09:01:07 am »

P12 W1 D7 L4
Goals for 13
Goals Against 17

P11 W7 D2 L2
Goals for 23
Goals Against 10
They are pretty damming statistics.  
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #859 on: January 15, 2019, 09:13:34 am »

They are pretty damming statistics.  

We could be around the play off assuming we performed the same all season without him.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: