The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:39:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102676 times)
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #940 on: January 17, 2019, 13:20:51 pm »

Someone in today according to a Twitter rumour...no name mentioned...could be bollox
it depends on who's tweeting and what evidence they basing this rumour on.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #941 on: January 17, 2019, 14:07:04 pm »

What has the points tally since December got to do with anything? You're choosing this period arbitrarily.

I replied to your post where you said that those who thought the team were capable of promotion earlier in the season had gone quiet, pointing out these stats:

Under Austin: 10 games = 7 points. 28 games of this form would have seen us firmly in bottom spot.
Under Curle: 18 games = 26 points. 28 games of this form would have seen us sitting from 8th-9th.

We have only lost 3 league games from 18 under Curle and are still unbeaten at home in that time.

The teams form so far under Curle would make them contenders for the play-offs, if it wasn't for the disastrous run during Austins regime. I maintain this form is more reflective of the squads ability, and expect this form to at least be carried on for the rest of the season, but possibly even improve.

Very few of the teams in the top 10 look to possess any more quality than us, bar MK and perhaps Lincoln and Mansfield.

As I said in my earlier post it's likely they won't make the play-offs as it stands, but I fancy them to finish on 60+ points and not be far off them at the end. If Curle had been appointed in the summer with the squad we had and still have, I'm convinced we would have been in the top 7 this year.

I agree that VV and Crooks were our most talented players but paradoxically I don't think we'll miss them much at all. Conversely Morias has only returned in recent weeks and still feels like a new signing, so the VV gap already feels 'filled'. Crooks was too inconsistent and in and out of the XI anyway. We have also strengthened the left back slot and it sounds like there are more signings to come. We could well be stronger in the final 18 than in the last 18 games.

And knows what could happen, we might win 8 of the next 10! Much stranger things have happened in football. Heaven forbid someone should be optimistic though, eh?
Our form since December is relevant because it is the most recent form .
We also played some bang average sides in this period and didn’t beat them .
Hopefully we can improve but I base my assumptions on what I see before me as opposed to hypothesis to suit my argument
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #942 on: January 17, 2019, 14:14:39 pm »

.............................. on what I see before me as opposed to hypothesis to suit my argument

Get out of that one CUF Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #943 on: January 17, 2019, 15:07:57 pm »

Our form since December is relevant because it is the most recent form .
We also played some bang average sides in this period and didn’t beat them .
Hopefully we can improve but I base my assumptions on what I see before me as opposed to hypothesis to suit my argument

Drivel. You talk about 'what you see' as if by this you are dealing in facts, rather than subjective opinions. You yourself have a hypothesis (we aren't good enough), based on subjectivity (your appraisal of the teams performances), which suits your argument, which you have held since the season start (we aren't good enough). Why form your opinion about the quality of our squad on our December games only as opposed to the 18 under Curle, especially when there are also 18 games remaining? 18 matches is a wider sample size and therefore more representative of overall form. To say it is 'because it is the most recent set of games' is flimsy to say the least. You may as well base your opinion on one game and say we can challenge for automatic judging by the manner in which we dismantled the play-off positioned Carlisle.

Our form in December was drawn from 5 games in which we were unbeaten and garnered 7 points. Bury's overall form in December can be drawn from 5 games, in which they also garnered 7 points. So does that mean they are not play-off contenders, going by you indisputable logic? Oh, but they sit in second place! How can this be!

Because their position is a reflection of their form over the season, duh!

Our form has good reason to be cleanly split between the Austin and Curle regimes. Under Austin our form had us on course to finish bottom. Under Curle our form is good enough (extrapolated for a whole season) to be just outside the play-off spots. I maintain this form is a better example of the squads ability than that shown under Austin.

On transfers, I'm looking forward to how Curle will strengthen the squad before the end of the month.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 17, 2019, 15:09:08 pm »

Get out of that one CUF Grin

Get out of what?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #945 on: January 17, 2019, 15:26:21 pm »

As a slight side note, does anyone follow John Harriott @JHFootballAgent on twitter?
The guy is hilarious / delusional. Constantly tweets crap and has been called out a few times, including this week by Robert Huth. Has stock photos and claims it was when he and his wife Janice modelled. If it was a parody account it would be close to being funny but the guy is deadly serious. Well worth a look when your getting frustrated with the real football window
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 17, 2019, 15:36:07 pm »

Get out of what?  Roll Eyes

You had a go above but its more argumentative than a debate
Report Spam   Logged

ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 17, 2019, 16:06:47 pm »

You had a go above but its more argumentative than a debate

How so, and ultimately is there really a difference? I've clearly explained why I don't agree with B&S's opinions. The first time I stated these arguments he ignored them, I suggest rather conveniently.

I also don't know why you thought I would struggle to 'get out of' his 'hypothesis'. It didn't require a great deal of thought to point out its fallacies.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 16:10:17 pm by ClarenceInDefence » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 17, 2019, 16:14:28 pm »

How so, and ultimately is there really a difference? I've clearly explained why I don't agree with B&S's opinions. The first time I stated these arguments he ignored them, I suggest rather conveniently.

I also don't know why you thought I would struggle to 'get out of' his 'hypothesis'. It didn't require a great deal of thought to point out its fallacies.

Well starting with 'drivel' is a bit harsh.
Report Spam   Logged

Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #949 on: January 17, 2019, 16:38:57 pm »

" There may be trouble ahead"  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #950 on: January 17, 2019, 16:53:14 pm »

WELL BLOW ME DOWN

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #951 on: January 17, 2019, 16:59:22 pm »

Nile Ranger by any chance?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #952 on: January 17, 2019, 17:02:19 pm »

It would only be his 6th or 7th last chance - what could possibly go wrong?
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 17, 2019, 17:06:43 pm »

Well starting with 'drivel' is a bit harsh.

It was my hypothesis, which I then backed up with a reasoned argument. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #954 on: January 17, 2019, 17:28:28 pm »

Nile Ranger by any chance?

You know what, wouldn't mind seeing this - even if not sure it's a good idea. Let's have some antics and spice up this season.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #955 on: January 17, 2019, 17:55:19 pm »

Rumours on Twitter, we’re back in for Karl Halfalagerson
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #956 on: January 17, 2019, 17:57:16 pm »

Danny Rose, mentioned earlier in this thread has joined Swindon until the end of the season after mutually cancelling his contract at Pompey.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #957 on: January 17, 2019, 18:11:33 pm »

You know what, wouldn't mind seeing this - even if not sure it's a good idea. Let's have some antics and spice up this season.

Bloody hell, I would. Getting into the odd scrape with the law could just be unfortunate. Getting into a few raises questions. Getting into as many as he has tells you he's just a f***ing scumbag and not someone you want associated with a family oriented football club.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #958 on: January 17, 2019, 19:01:53 pm »

Rumours on Twitter, we’re back in for Karl Halfalagerson

I even googled him 🙈🙈🙈🙈
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063