The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:20:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102481 times)
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1140 on: January 26, 2019, 20:54:01 pm »

Would keep Taylor - was good and will come good!
Would be my first name out of the door closely followed by Powell and Bowditch.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1141 on: January 26, 2019, 20:54:34 pm »

one or two mentions of Jabo Ibehre around the ground today.

Any truth?

Might do a job till the end of the season?

I heard his name being mentioned too - there’s the Carlisle link I suppose but he’s 35, makes you wonder what kind of profile of potential signings Simon treacey is looking at, either 20 year olds who haven’t played a league game or 35 year old journeymen - we are allowed to look at players in their late 20’s as well!
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 26, 2019, 22:18:41 pm »

A Williams to Salford (strutted around today like he'd already signed for them!)
Ibere to us (one for the future!  Roll Eyes

This season can't end soon enough.....woeful!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1143 on: January 26, 2019, 22:42:04 pm »

Ibere is 36 this week FFS
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1144 on: January 26, 2019, 23:09:25 pm »

A Williams to Salford (strutted around today like he'd already signed for them!)

Heard the rumours re Andy Williams. Good luck to him if he goes. Top goal scorer,natural finisher and yet Hoskins gets picked ahead of him.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:42:19 am by Macc Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #1145 on: January 27, 2019, 01:25:20 am »

If this really has legs, then what hell is going on, it's like we are selling our strikers with no decent prospects coming in. With so many changes both with the sqaud and managers there's no wonder the unity and harmony of the team has gone... well the last few days of this window look interesting!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:27:08 am by Shadowstorm » Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1146 on: January 27, 2019, 06:45:13 am »

Evcitimg times Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1147 on: January 27, 2019, 09:03:44 am »

Also heard the Pierre rumour again yesterday, I can't believe no ones come in for Turnbull yet, our best player by miles.
Can you imagine if we lost Pierre, Tunbull and A Williams, replaced by 20 year old loans.......
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1148 on: January 27, 2019, 11:22:42 am »

Also heard the Pierre rumour again yesterday, I can't believe no ones come in for Turnbull yet, our best player by miles.
Can you imagine if we lost Pierre, Tunbull and A Williams, replaced by 20 year old loans.......

Unfortunately...yes, I can imagine that!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1149 on: January 27, 2019, 11:25:10 am »

Yep I also can. If we don't add some experience this week, Squeaky bum time will have truly commenced.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3063

« Reply #1150 on: January 27, 2019, 15:27:54 pm »

Jabo Ibehre didn't feature for Cambridge yesterday, not even on the bench. That's after playing the whole game against us the previous week, no mention of any injury.

Also, one of our friends from Carlisle that frequent this forum did mention a while ago that KC is a big admirer of his and wouldn't be surprised if we attempted to sign him.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 27, 2019, 15:35:06 pm »

Jabo Ibehre didn't feature for Cambridge yesterday, not even on the bench. That's after playing the whole game against us the previous week, no mention of any injury.

Also, one of our friends from Carlisle that frequent this forum did mention a while ago that KC is a big admirer of his and wouldn't be surprised if we attempted to sign him.

If we do sign him it's got to be a short term contract until the end of the season - knowing us though we'll give him a 3 year deal.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1152 on: January 27, 2019, 15:45:46 pm »

Another point on Ibehre... I saw plenty of Twitter rumours about Bayo Akinfenwa returning last week. He's older than Ibehre by 8 months, so playing devils advocate here, how would this be acceptable? But yes, I know who I'd prefer aswell.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 27, 2019, 15:57:03 pm »

To be fair ibehre would probably do a job as a strong, hold up, link type of centre forward - Williams doesn’t really do that and it’s pretty obvious that KC either doesn’t rate him or sees him as dispensable. Ibehre would probably bring the best out of Morias/Hoskins too.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1154 on: January 27, 2019, 16:57:41 pm »

To be fair ibehre would probably do a job as a strong, hold up, link type of centre forward - Williams doesn’t really do that and it’s pretty obvious that KC either doesn’t rate him or sees him as dispensable. Ibehre would probably bring the best out of Morias/Hoskins too.

The best out of Hoskins? Ooooh, can't wait for that! Its only taken 8 years to find someone who could bring the best out of him!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: January 27, 2019, 17:14:21 pm »

We may as well wait for the return of O' Tool as a hold up target man rather than bringing in a granddad or two in my view.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 27, 2019, 17:23:49 pm »

The best out of Hoskins? Ooooh, can't wait for that! Its only taken 8 years to find someone who could bring the best out of him!

I’m clutching at straws I must admit!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1157 on: January 27, 2019, 17:26:23 pm »

Another point on Ibehre... I saw plenty of Twitter rumours about Bayo Akinfenwa returning last week. He's older than Ibehre by 8 months, so playing devils advocate here, how would this be acceptable? But yes, I know who I'd prefer aswell.

I've got no issues if its a short term fix till the end of the season.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 17:32:53 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 27, 2019, 17:29:09 pm »

I've got no issues ig its a short term fix till the end of tge season.

Agree with this - just to say that it looks like he didn’t train last week before missing yesterday’s match so either he is injured (should fit in nicely here) or he’s been in talks about a move.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1159 on: January 27, 2019, 17:30:29 pm »

If Williams goes it would be a serious tipping point.

Crooks and KVV were both excessively expensive, both obviously wanted out and had the pedigree to find clubs further up the pyramid. No problem with either sale.

Williams is a very different kettle of fish. Only joined in the summer and has 7 goals in 24 games with three assists (the same as Sam Hoskins BTW).

He should be the fulcrum of our attack, not warming the bench and certainly not replaced by a 35 year old with an inferior record.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: