The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:21:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102736 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1380 on: January 30, 2019, 19:18:28 pm »

Carry on McDuff and stop taking the proverbial.

If we were nearer to the "magical" 51 points I would be more inclined to start planning for next season - I can't help but thinking that some on here are putting the cart before the horse. Oh and Evers you can cut the personal stuff out right now - if you don't like what I post then when you see my name just ignore it the same way I'm going to deal with your posts from now on.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1381 on: January 30, 2019, 19:33:40 pm »

Possibility of more snow!

Can just see it now, we were going to sign 4 quality sigings but they are all stuck in the snow!! 😂😂😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #1382 on: January 30, 2019, 19:34:23 pm »

Can just see it now, we were going to sign 4 quality sigings but they are all stuck in the snow!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1383 on: January 30, 2019, 19:53:37 pm »

To get us through to the summer when we can spend and recruit big to replace those out of contract...

No problem at all with this. I just hope that if someone does come in they are a little more proven than recent acquisitions.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 30, 2019, 19:59:34 pm »

As I said at the time
Il beleive we will bring in quality permanent signings when i see it !!!
No properly run club hurriedly ushers there top scorer and midfield playmaker (both marque signings) as soon as the window opens and has no one instantly lined up to replace them.
In fact we are still scratting about as the window closes and still haven’t replaced them!
That sends one message to me(rightly or wrongly) that we are in the s*** and desperately needed to offload or the club would go bust.
That’s not doomongering,it’s logic.

Getting in two bob loans(of no long term benefit to the club,indicating only short term planning) also sends a signal(rightly or wrongly)

Now tomorrow the board might play a blinder by investing some cash on a couple of desperately needed quality signings....
I personally doubt it
If they fail to do this in my opinion it will be nothing short of disgraceful given they’ve had weeks to sort it out(it’s not as if van veen and crooks were sold today)
I’m afraid if that’s the case any spin/turd polishing that comes from the club will fall on deaf ears here.

FYI
An ambitious club with a long term on field strategy would have stolen a march on other clubs by selling early and having replacements in place before other clubs could act.
Transfer window day(or Thursday as ntfc call it ) will be a real barometer of the boards ambition or lack of.

Either they’ll play a blinder or even the most claret tinted supporter will see through the spin for the busted flush it is!!
I’m hoping it’s the former but with no confidence whatsoever as reading between the lines
KC’ I’m happy to go with what we’ve got’
KT deafening silence
Jeremy Casey
They’re trying hard to get players in but nothing at the moment...

One day to go.....
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1385 on: January 30, 2019, 20:04:14 pm »

The fact that the Livingston boss says that ‘the opportunity to sign Hakeem presented itself in this window’  suggests that we have indeed made players available for transfer and loan.
Look at the likes of Van Veen, Crooks and Waters, they’re all on the bench for their new clubs every game.

It’s all about cutting costs for us.....be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #1386 on: January 30, 2019, 20:25:42 pm »

If we were nearer to the "magical" 51 points I would be more inclined to start planning for next season - I can't help but thinking that some on here are putting the cart before the horse. Oh and Evers you can cut the personal stuff out right now - if you don't like what I post then when you see my name just ignore it the same way I'm going to deal with your posts from now on.

In the last two seasons 47 would have been enough with only two going down.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 30, 2019, 20:28:06 pm »

The fact that the Livingston boss says that ‘the opportunity to sign Hakeem presented itself in this window’  suggests that we have indeed made players available for transfer and loan.
Look at the likes of Van Veen, Crooks and Waters, they’re all on the bench for their new clubs every game.

It’s all about cutting costs for us.....be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
Basically then with the current board we are unable to function as anything more than a non league/league two club.
The days of the next level spiel seem long ago
For that to happen we need someone to invest into the club and join the board or new ownership with the requisite funds to help us attain and survive at league one level
Terrific Roll Eyes
We can look forward to being run on a tight budget as a league two club while we still sit in an unfinished stadium year on year
Basically to progress we need new owners
How many must we go through until we finally find one with the ambition and finance to make us anything other than a league two also ran??
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 30, 2019, 20:30:37 pm »

In the last two seasons 47 would have been enough with only two going down.

Let’s hope that’s the case again - I read somewhere that 51 would more or less guarantee survival.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 30, 2019, 20:35:27 pm »

OdOFFin.
Spot on! Unintentional as I said earlier.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 30, 2019, 20:42:10 pm »

This. Clearly KC doesn’t fancy him but like others have said he’s been better than facey.
Agree with this. As said yesterday, hope his new club doesn't drop him after having a good game. Clearly wasn't in KC's plans for some time.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 30, 2019, 20:52:06 pm »

Any inside info on potential incomings Mathius?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 30, 2019, 21:02:34 pm »

Any inside info on potential incomings Mathius?
There are several offers on the table from us so it's always possible. One that's been on here [I think] is the tall forward that gave us so many problems at Cambridge. One offer turned down was for a prominent forward in the league below.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 30, 2019, 21:05:45 pm »

He won't tell us anything even if he knows.
I refer you to my previous statement. Have a lovely evening.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1394 on: January 30, 2019, 21:06:57 pm »

I refer you to my previous statement. Have a lovely evening.

I deleted it and thanks for the information.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: January 30, 2019, 21:11:13 pm »

I deleted it and thanks for the information.
No, thank you, TP.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 30, 2019, 21:11:25 pm »

There are several offers on the table from us so it's always possible. One that's been on here [I think] is the tall forward that gave us so many problems at Cambridge. One offer turned down was for a prominent forward in the league below.

Would that be Jabo "runs in treacle" Ibhere and shaquille coulthirst from Barnet? Can't see coulthirst coming here in a million years with Barnet still in the cup.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1397 on: January 30, 2019, 21:17:34 pm »

I see Doncaster have reportedly turned down a 1.25 million offer for Marquis from Sunderland today.

Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 30, 2019, 21:21:14 pm »

shaquille coulthirst from Barnet? Can't see coulthirst coming here in a million years with Barnet still in the cup.

Why’s that  Huh?

The chance of league football, a nice pay rise and an extended contract or an away trip to Brentford on a Tuesday night?

I know which one I’d rather!
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 30, 2019, 21:22:18 pm »

Would that be Jabo "runs in treacle" Ibhere and shaquille coulthirst from Barnet? Can't see coulthirst coming here in a million years with Barnet still in the cup.
It was unlikely anyway but his performance the other night means there will be better offers on the table - if there wasn't before.

Looks like an offer of £1.2m was turned by Doncaster for John Marquis. How did we let him go? Underlines how clueless we've been for a number of years.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: