The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:37:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Window - Rumours, Ins and Outs  (Read 102564 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1400 on: January 30, 2019, 21:23:56 pm »

The supporters of this club are being mugged off .
Mugged off by the chairman and mugged off by the manager.
We are paying customers and the fabric of the club and yet there is a wall of silence as we sell good players and bring in low budget replacements .
Tell us what the hell is going on and be straight with us all.
When was the last time there was a fans forum with either manager or chairman ??
Right now , the fans are being taken for granted and I for one am fed up with it all.

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1401 on: January 30, 2019, 21:40:54 pm »

Are we just “looking” at a striker - I know KC has muttered something about getting a focal point forward in but I’m pretty sure that coulthirst is more of a pacy type? Also I got the impression that he wanted more experience in the middle but that seems to have gone quiet.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 30, 2019, 21:46:12 pm »

Must be others but these are the only 2 I've heard about.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1403 on: January 30, 2019, 23:18:31 pm »

It was unlikely anyway but his performance the other night means there will be better offers on the table - if there wasn't before.

Looks like an offer of £1.2m was turned by Doncaster for John Marquis. How did we let him go? Underlines how clueless we've been for a number of years.
We didn’t let him go, he was on loan under Wilder. He got fixed up before Page arrived
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1404 on: January 31, 2019, 07:35:20 am »

We didn’t let him go, he was on loan under Wilder. He got fixed up before Page arrived

The Majority let the promotion get to theor heads and thought we going to get a bigger name at the time.

Not suprising when people think we should be spending big after 5 mamagers in 3 years and a failed chinese millions project.
Report Spam   Logged

Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 31, 2019, 08:52:13 am »

Point is, he was keen to stay. We missed out then, but it was his second loan to us. Thought he showed enough on his first loan to get signed up. Think there are few who would agree that we missed out. I wish him all the best because of his efforts when playing for us.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #1406 on: January 31, 2019, 08:56:42 am »

Gotta love the hindsight supporters regarding Marquis.  I don't remember a massive outpouring of anger when we didn't sign him.  Most of the comments I remember at the time felt he was good but there were plenty of other players just as good out there.

As for potentially missing out on a million pound windfall bear this in mind.  Do you honestly believe playing for us we would have turned him into the player he is today.  What other strikers have we ever done that with?  Playing for us we'd have knocked any semblance of quality out of him and just got him to run the channels and chase lost causes.

He signed and played in a successful league two promotion winning Doncaster side playing attractive football the momentum of which they carried in to league one.

Even if we allow ourselves to dream that any of this would have happened we'd have snapped someone's hand off years ago the moment the first 300k bid came in.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 31, 2019, 09:01:12 am »

Are we just “looking” at a striker - I know KC has muttered something about getting a focal point forward in but I’m pretty sure that coulthirst is more of a pacy type? Also I got the impression that he wanted more experience in the middle but that seems to have gone quiet.
Must be an ever-widening net as players turn us down. Even KC admitting this morning that we are not top of list for would-be signings. The answer will probably be that we pay over the odds as usual and that less money is available in the budget where required elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1408 on: January 31, 2019, 09:13:01 am »

Gotta love the hindsight supporters regarding Marquis.  I don't remember a massive outpouring of anger when we didn't sign him.  Most of the comments I remember at the time felt he was good but there were plenty of other players just as good out there.

As for potentially missing out on a million pound windfall bear this in mind.  Do you honestly believe playing for us we would have turned him into the player he is today.  What other strikers have we ever done that with?  Playing for us we'd have knocked any semblance of quality out of him and just got him to run the channels and chase lost causes.

He signed and played in a successful league two promotion winning Doncaster side playing attractive football the momentum of which they carried in to league one.

Even if we allow ourselves to dream that any of this would have happened we'd have snapped someone's hand off years ago the moment the first 300k bid came in.

Agree, for me in his time with us no-one could have possibly expected him to go on an be a 20+ goal a season forward in lg1.

I thought at the time we could have got better and kicked on - Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1409 on: January 31, 2019, 09:14:35 am »

Nail on head!!

There is no gusrantee that he would have been the success he is now had he stayed with us. I actually thought that James Collins was the more natural finisher out of the two we had on loan. Look at him now....only 55 goals in 117 games for Crawley and Luton since he was with us.

Its times like these that expose the loan system for what it is.....a short term fix. How often do we get someone in on loan with a view to signing them permanently?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1410 on: January 31, 2019, 09:33:45 am »

Joe Bunney ends loan spell at Blackpool and immediately joins Rochdale on loan until the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1411 on: January 31, 2019, 09:42:00 am »

Joe Bunney ends loan spell at Blackpool and immediately joins Rochdale on loan until the end of the season.

good job we signed 2 left wing backs on loan to replace him rather than using the one tailor made player for that position
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 31, 2019, 09:49:11 am »

Strange one this Bunney situation....

Surely perfect for us if sticking with 352...I think Rochdale play that formation too...

Also, would have thought we would have included the option that Rochdale have to buy him in the Summer, otherwise we should have just left him at Blackpool?
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1413 on: January 31, 2019, 09:50:45 am »

good job we signed 2 left wing backs on loan to replace him rather than using the one tailor made player for that position

Yep. Ridiculous. He could definitely have done a job for us now we have this formation.
Report Spam   Logged
Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1414 on: January 31, 2019, 09:51:17 am »

I See Port Vale have made a bid for Ashley Nadesan.
Scored a few goals at Carlisle earlier this season.
They was talk from Carlisle fans that we might be interested
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1415 on: January 31, 2019, 09:51:35 am »

Sunderland have had a £1,250,000 bid for John Marquis turned down.

That we turned down the chance to sign him for free just a few years ago must rank as the worst single player-based decision by the club that I can remember.

Some sensible and logical decisions in the transfer market were all it would have taken for us to maintain our momentum even after Wilder left. We would have had a properly sound footing both on the footballing and financial side.

But no, sensible and logical decisions are not what they do at NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 31, 2019, 09:55:44 am »

No. He would have done well enough for us to cash in on him, at about the £300K mark, when his contract had run down. It's the NTFC way.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 31, 2019, 10:01:00 am »

Sunderland have had a £1,250,000 bid for John Marquis turned down.

That we turned down the chance to sign him for free just a few years ago must rank as the worst single player-based decision by the club that I can remember.

Some sensible and logical decisions in the transfer market were all it would have taken for us to maintain our momentum even after Wilder left. We would have had a properly sound footing both on the footballing and financial side.

But no, sensible and logical decisions are not what they do at NTFC.
Agreed.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 31, 2019, 10:05:15 am »

We paid a transfer fee for JB, to loan him back to the club we bought him from, to run his contract down. Just one facet of JFH's legacy.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:48 am »

I See Port Vale have made a bid for Ashley Nadesan.
Scored a few goals at Carlisle earlier this season.
They was talk from Carlisle fans that we might be interested

I think we deffo were trying to sign him but Fleetwood then played him when he returned from his loan spell at Carlisle, so he can't play for another club this season
(I think that's the rule!)

If true, don't let Port Vale know  Grin #bants
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: