The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:28:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Views on Keith Curle

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Keith Curle  (Read 40338 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 01:47:33 am »

He has really nice white teeth..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 06:33:23 am »

He's steadied the ship as we were on a massive downward spiral...

He's very professional and takes no crap which again is what we needed...

He's working with all the other managers signings...

Doing OK so far imo but needs to stop the continual tinkering from now on
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 07:58:01 am »

I was seriously unimpressed when we appointed Curle but was forced to eat my words when he calmed things down, took us back to basics, made us a harder team to beat and, as a result, lifted us up the table.

Having said that, we seem to be going backwards now with far too many winning positions being thrown away. His team selections and substitutions seem increasingly eclectic and he's at pains to blame players and previous managers when things go wrong. He's got a point, but it's not really something I like to hear in post match interviews!

I think the business done this month will allow us to judge him better, once he is able do a jigsaw with his own pieces rather than with someone else's.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 08:50:15 am »

I was seriously unimpressed when we appointed Curle but was forced to eat my words when he calmed things down, took us back to basics, made us a harder team to beat and, as a result, lifted us up the table.

Having said that, we seem to be going backwards now with far too many winning positions being thrown away. His team selections and substitutions seem increasingly eclectic and he's at pains to blame players and previous managers when things go wrong. He's got a point, but it's not really something I like to hear in post match interviews!

I think the business done this month will allow us to judge him better, once he is able do a jigsaw with his own pieces rather than with someone else's.

Agreed - reminds me a bit of CW. His detractors ought to be spoken to by the Mods! I like KC.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 16:42:04 pm »

I like Keith, he won't take any crap from a player and has shown over the years he can organise a team and get some decent results from a little budget.

We have to remember he's working with a squad that was not his, so once he adds 5 faces to the team we can judge his job here properly.

I just hope he is allowed to bring in some faces during this tranny window.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 16:56:37 pm »

I like Keith, he won't take any crap from a player and has shown over the years he can organise a team and get some decent results from a little budget.

We have to remember he's working with a squad that was not his, so once he adds 5 faces to the team we can judge his job here properly.

I just hope he is allowed to bring in some faces during this tranny window.
A tranny window how PC.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 17:15:38 pm »

A tranny window how PC.

I met her in a club down in old Soho...

Don't do a google search for "Tranny Window" everyone. Well at least the members on here who might not have already done so in the past for ..erm....research.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 17:37:23 pm »

He'll keep us in League 2. And beyond this season he'll keep us in League 2.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 17:44:17 pm »

He'll keep us in League 2. And beyond this season he'll keep us in League 2.

He'll keep us in League 2

Beyond that, he'll keep us in League 2.

Deja Vu from your comment on the day of his appointment  Grin Grin You consistent bast*rd you.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 17:55:07 pm »

A number of people seem to be assuming KC will be able to bring in 4-5 players during this window. That's a big ask. We already have a large squad and indications that purse-strings are being tightened. I'm expecting a one-out one-in kind of window and other clubs are most likely to want those players we would rather keep. At least they might command a fee and take more off the wage bill. I think we'll still have too much dead wood at the end of this window, but hope we can offload a few and make at least 3 astute signings.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 18:00:34 pm »

He has really nice white teeth..

Don't forget his Flat Eric legs!
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
MunchyMagic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2019, 18:45:31 pm »

Keith Curle is a star - leave him alone Smiley

Funny as at Carlisle he left on a high note and got an ovation from the crowd and the directors were singing his praises.

Roll on a couple of months and the same directors and owner were slagging him off for all the money that he spent - erm it was them that were signing the cheques and waited till he had gone to have a sly swipe Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2019, 20:00:34 pm »

Average!!

Curle with Mansfield....39 wins from 104 games (37.5%)
Curle with Chester....12 wins from 39 games (30.8%)
Curle with Carlisle....79 wins from 207 games (38.2%)
Curle with Cobblers...7 wins form 20 games (35%)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2019, 21:59:10 pm »

We have three keepers Cornell, Coddington and Goff (also a very imposing and promising young lad out on loan Bradley Lashley). No point getting another in now. Maybe in the summer.

Left back (wing back), our weakest point, often targeted by the opposition. Buchanan has actually looked reasonable going forward of late but gets done often with a lack of pace when defending. Bring back Bunney.

Centre mid. Mcwilliams, Foley, O'Tool (when fit) Turnbull (if needed) and Jay Williams and Matt Crooks. I think we have enough cover for the remainder of the season.

Winger. Yep, Get your boots on (but only if you're cheap)  Grin

Hi Evers.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2019, 22:23:13 pm »

I like Curle, and think he is doing a good job. Extrapolating the teams form while under his stewardship to a whole season would see us probably finish just outside the play-offs. Considering the circumstances in which he took over and with a couple of glaring deficiencies in the team to work around he deserves a lot of credit for this.

I would also put forth that his managerial record overall is far from shabby. While he has not achieved a promotion in his career so far he has come close a number of times (in both L1 and L2), and usually leaves a club in a much better position than which he found it.

While this may not be saying much, he is also IMO a much more sophisticated and intelligent manager than any we have had since Wilder left. I like his laid back style in post-match interviews. He is much the same if we win or if we lose. I don't attribute this to his being indifferent to the result, whichever that may have been, but simply due to his analytical manner and the breadth of his experience. He has seen it all as a player and at this level as a manager. You can tell he is always looking at things from the perspective of the bigger picture, as he often calls it, 'the journey'. I think this detached manner is one of his biggest strengths and will in the medium and long term serve the club well.

In short I am enthused by having him as the clubs manager and can't help but feel, all things considered, that we are lucky to have him as our steward.

Now ask me the same question again in 12 months time and I might well reply that I want the *&!^ sacked asap!   Grin

Until then he gets a  from me.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 23:50:24 pm »

I met her in a club down in old Soho...

and you and Nevers have been lovers ever since.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
defender

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 07:50:14 am »

AS FOR ME. I say he's doing a great job  look where we were and look where we are now.   
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2019, 14:31:02 pm »

Average!!

I like him but enough games to make some observations - Chester was less than a season, & for us are still early days with an inherited squad - the telling and very consistent stats are the combined 5 seasons with Mansfield and Carlisle and at 38% would suggest nothing more exciting than safe/nudging play offs. Of course the missing factor is what investment he was allowed during any of those seasons - so, back to safe/nudging play offs next year then.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2019, 14:50:43 pm »

Average!!

GPC, as a matter of interest do you know what Chris Wilders win ratio was from January to May 2014 before he had a crack at the transfer market?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2019, 14:57:30 pm »

Hi Evers.

Go on Frank - take him apart Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Up